Taika Waititi's biography
Taika David Waititi is 47 years old actor born at Raukokore. He was born on Saturday 16th of August 1975. He is often nicknamed as Taika Cohen, Taika Waititi. According to year of birth 1975 Taika belongs to Generation X. Birthday on 16th of August means Taika is Leo. As sign in itself indicates “Lion” or “King”, hence people born under Leo sign are considered to be leaders in every aspects of life. They are royal in nature.
Taika is multiracial new zealander. He is citizen of New Zealand. He is jewish. Taika´s primary profession is to be actor. You can know Taika also as film director, screenwriter, director, executive producer, film actor, film producer, comedian. He is recently known as voice actor.
Taika Waititi's family
Taika Waititi's ex wife
Taika Waititi and Chelsea Winstanley have been together since 2011 for 7 years. She is known as film producer. Taika´s ex wife was born in 1976.
Taika Waititi's schools
We found 1 school Taika attended. Name of the school: Victoria University of Wellington.
Detailed informations about his schools
He studied high school - Onslow College.
Taika studied university - BA, Theatre & Film, Victoria University of Wellington.
Taika Waititi's career
Taika´s main focus is to be actor. He is famous thanks to Radiradirah (TV Series). You could see Taika also in Jojo Rabbit. Taika is also a member of Te Whānau-ā-Apanui.
Is Taika Waititi gay ?
Taika is known to be straight.
Taika Waititi's girlfriend
Taika Waititi and Rita Ora have been together. She is known as singer. Taika´s girlfriend was born on Monday 26th of November 1990 in Pristina.
Awards and competitions
Taika Waititi's Awards
- Taika received award for Academy Award for Best Writing, Adapted Screenplay for work Jojo Rabbit in 2020
- He received award for Writers Guild of America Award for Best Adapted Screenplay for work Jojo Rabbit in 2020
Taika Waititi's Nominations
- Taika was nominated for Academy Award for Best Live Action Short Film
What Taika Waititi has done for a first time
- BOY is actually his first film. Taika started to write it following the success of the short film 'Two Cars One Night'. However, he wanted to make his debut film lighter so he chose to make a romantic comedy 'Eagle vs Shark'.
- One of his first TV appearances was playing a surfer in a Moro Bar commercial.
- First Indigenous filmmaker to win an Oscar. He follows Buffy Sainte-Marie as the second Indigenous person to win a competitive Oscar.
Taika Waititi's quotes
- Sundance felt like a natural fit. I love coming here, and I do think that this festival suits my films rather than most of the festivals I've been to. I'm not going to Cannes, you know.
- To make filmmaking interesting to me, I want to keep learning things.
- Also with that money comes the idea, "Let your imagination run wild." Which I think is a very dangerous thing. I think it's dangerous because you can get into pretty wacky territory. There are things that are too crazy.
- I constantly remind myself that there are terrible movies out there. I try to watch them, some of them, to give myself an understanding of what not to do.
- Sometimes there are really happy mistakes.
- The films I like to watch are when they make it relatable to human audiences.
- I've always been a relaxed person on set, but I think the main thing is I think about it from an editing point of view way more than I did before.
- A big part of the humour is in identifying with the tragic elements of the film. The New Zealand sense of humour is very dark. Our films are usually very dark and it's always someone being killed. Usually a child.
- I hate the modern day the kids live in. I don't think it's very cool. Everyone's interconnected.
- I've become more like water, I'm more relaxed and I'll say, "Okay, let's just completely change it and do it that way."
- I'm really not trying to do everything that comes to mind because that's when it can be dangerous. For instance, I believe as much as possible, how your camera moves and flies around should be limited to the physics of how you could do it in real life.
- I'm used to working with restrictions and that's when you come up with the more creative stuff.
- I've loved comics since I was a kid, collected them, I've always dreamed of being involved in comics.
- Hitler rounded up all of the vampires in Europe.
- Short film: you can be poetic and you don't have to answer anything. You can make whatever you want. You have creative freedom with short film.
- A feature film is an expansion of budget, stress, story, hours, time, workload, everything.
- I like to find comedy or something interesting to look at with whatever I'm working on.
- There are lots of parts of filmmaking that I don't like. At the end of the day, especially on features, the film turns into a commodity. You have to play this entirely new game I'm very uncomfortable with.
- I want to do weird things and big budget things and no budget things. I don't have a five-year plan.
- I never wanted to be a filmmaker. I still, sometimes, think I got sidetracked by this, like this is a tangent. My main thing was painting; I was just going to do that.
- There were definitely Nazis who saw the error of their ways.
- See also Other Works |Â Publicity Listings |Â Official Sites
Taika Waititi's height, body shape, eye color
Lets describe how Taika Waititi looks. We will focus on Taika´s height, body shape, eye color and hair color. He is tall as 6' 2" (188 cm). Body build is athletic. Taika´s eyes are tinted brown - dark. His hair is shade of salt and pepper.
Latest news about Taika Waititi
For the latest news - you can follow Taika Waititi on social networks.