Leonardo Dicaprio's biography
Leonardo Wilhelm DiCaprio is 48 years old actor born at Los Angeles. He was born on Monday 11th of November 1974. Leonardo is often nicknamed as Leo, Lenny D, Leonardo Wilhelm DiCaprio, Leonardo DiCaprio. According to year of birth 1974 Leonardo belongs to Generation X. Birthday on 11th of November means he is Scorpio. Scorpio is a watery sign. These people are very intense in their thoughts. They always learn from the transformatory phase of their life.
Leonardo is native english speaker. He is white american. He is citizen of United States of America. Leonardo is agnostic. Leonardo´s primary profession is to be actor. You can know Leonardo also as film actor, screenwriter, television actor, film producer, stage actor. Leonardo is recently known as environmentalist. He received Silver Bear for Best Actor Romeo + Juliet in 1997
Leonardo Dicaprio's dad
Leonardo Dicaprio's father's name is George DiCaprio. He is known as artist. Leonardo´s father was born on Tuesday 30th of November 1943 in United States of America.
Leonardo Dicaprio's mom
Leonardo Dicaprio's mother's name is Irmelin DiCaprio. His mother was born on Sunday 14th of February 1943. Leonardo Dicaprio was born when she was 31 years old.
Leonardo Dicaprio's schools
We found 4 schools Leonardo attended. Complete list of schools: John Marshall High School, Los Angeles Center for Enriched Studies, UCLA Lab School, Young Actors Space.
Detailed informations about his schools
- Attended Seeds Elementary School at UCLA where he took summer courses in performance art.
Leonardo Dicaprio's career
His main focus is to be actor. He is famous thanks to Titanic, Django Unchained, The Revenant. You could see Leonardo also in Romeo + Juliet, The Aviator, The Wolf of Wall Street, The Great Gatsby and many more.
Is Leonardo Dicaprio gay ?
Leonardo is known to be straight.
Leonardo Dicaprio's girlfriends
Leonardo Dicaprio and Blake Lively have been together less than a year in 2011. She is known as actor. His girlfriend was born on Tuesday 25th of August 1987 in Tarzana.
Leonardo Dicaprio and Kelly Rohrbach have been together since 2015 for a year. She is known as actor. His girlfriend was born on Sunday 21st of January 1990 in New York City.
Leonardo Dicaprio and Brittany Daniel have been together since 1994 for a year. She is known as actor. Leonardo´s girlfriend was born on Wednesday 17th of March 1976 in Gainesville.
Leonardo Dicaprio and Camila Morrone have been together. Camila is known as model. His girlfriend was born on Monday 16th of June 1997 in Los Angeles.
Leonardo Dicaprio and Gisele Bündchen have been together since 2000 for 5 years. Leonardo´s girlfriend was born on Sunday 20th of July 1980 in Horizontina.
Leonardo Dicaprio and Erin Heatherton have been together since 2011 for a year. Erin is known as art model. His girlfriend was born on Saturday 4th of March 1989 in Skokie.
Leonardo Dicaprio and Toni Garrn have been together since 2013 for a year. She is known as model. His girlfriend was born on Tuesday 7th of July 1992 in Hamburg.
Leonardo Dicaprio and Helena Christensen have been together less than a year in 1997. She is known as model. Leonardo´s girlfriend was born on Wednesday 25th of December 1968 in Copenhagen.
Leonardo Dicaprio and Bar Refaeli have been together since 2005 for 6 years. She is known as actor. Leonardo´s girlfriend was born on Tuesday 4th of June 1985.
Leonardo Dicaprio and Nina Agdal have been together since 2016 for a year. She is known as model. Leonardo´s girlfriend was born on Thursday 26th of March 1992 in Denmark.
Leonardo Dicaprio and Kristen Zang have been together since 1996 for a year. She is known as model. Leonardo´s girlfriend was born on Saturday 22nd of June 1974 in Michigan.
Awards and competitions
Leonardo Dicaprio's Awards
- He received award for Silver Bear for Best Actor for work Romeo + Juliet in 1997
- He received award for Golden Globe Award for Best Actor – Motion Picture Drama for work The Aviator in 2005
- Leonardo received award for Golden Globe Award for Best Actor – Motion Picture Musical or Comedy for work The Wolf of Wall Street in 2014
- He received award for Academy Award for Best Actor for work The Revenant in 2016
- He received award for Golden Globe Award for Best Actor – Motion Picture Drama for work The Revenant in 2016
- Leonardo received award for BAFTA Award for Best Actor in a Leading Role for work The Revenant in 2016
- Leonardo received award for Screen Actors Guild Award for work The Revenant in 2016
- He received award for AACTA Award for Best Actor in a Leading Role for work The Great Gatsby in 2013
- Leonardo received award for MTV Movie Award for Best Jaw Dropping Moment for work The Wolf of Wall Street in 2014
Leonardo Dicaprio's Rankings
- Ranked #75 in Empire (UK) magazine's "The Top 100 Movie Stars of All Time" list. [October 1997]
- Ranked #42 in Premiere's 2003 annual Power 100 List. Had ranked #74 in 2002 and #60 in 2001.
- Ranked #6 in Star TV's "Top 10 Box Office Stars of the 1990s" (2003).
- Ranked #8 on VH1's 40 Hottest Hotties of the '90s.
- Ranked #8 on Forbes list of Hollywood's Top Earning On-Screen Couples alongside Marion Cotillard in 2012. They are the only couple from a non-franchise film: Inception (2010), the film made $825 million at the global box-office.
Leonardo Dicaprio's Nominations
- Leonardo was nominated for Golden Globe Award for Best Supporting Actor – Motion Picture for work Django Unchained in 2012
- He was nominated for Teen Choice Award for Choice Hissy Fit for work Celebrity in 1999
- Leonardo was nominated for Critics' Choice Movie Award for Best Actor for work Blood Diamond in 2006
- He was nominated for National Society of Film Critics Award for Best Supporting Actor for work What's Eating Gilbert Grape in 1993
- He was nominated for Golden Globe Award for Best Actor – Motion Picture Musical or Comedy for work The Wolf of Wall Street in 2013
- He was nominated for Golden Globe Award for Best Actor – Motion Picture Drama for work Blood Diamond in 2006
- He was nominated for Screen Actors Guild Award for Outstanding Performance by a Male Actor in a Leading Role for work The Aviator in 2005
- Leonardo was nominated for Academy Award for Best Supporting Actor for work What's Eating Gilbert Grape in 1993
- He was nominated for Academy Award for Best Actor for work The Aviator in 2005
- He was nominated for Academy Award for Best Actor for work Blood Diamond in 2007
- He was nominated for Academy Award for Best Actor for work The Wolf of Wall Street in 2014
- He was nominated for Academy Award for Best Actor
- Leonardo was nominated for Academy Award for Best Picture
- He was nominated for MTV Movie Award for Best On-Screen Duo for work Romeo + Juliet in 1997
- He was nominated for BAFTA Award for Best Actor in a Leading Role for work The Aviator in 2005
- He was nominated for Screen Actors Guild Award for Outstanding Performance by a Cast in a Motion Picture for work The Aviator in 2005
- Leonardo was nominated for AACTA International Award for Best Actor for work The Wolf of Wall Street in 2013
- He was nominated for Screen Actors Guild Award for Outstanding Performance by a Male Actor in a Supporting Role for work The Departed in 2007
- Leonardo was nominated for Satellite Award for Best Actor – Motion Picture for work Revolutionary Road in 2008
- He was nominated for Golden Raspberry Award for Worst Screen Couple/Ensemble for work The Man in the Iron Mask in 1998
- He was nominated for Golden Raspberry Award for Worst Actor for work The Beach in 2000
What else you don't know about Leonardo Dicaprio ?
His middle name is Wilhelm. Leonardo likes to spend time in: Los Angeles, Miami, Malibu, San Francisco, Las Vegas, Paris, New York, Monaco, London, Sydney.
What Leonardo Dicaprio has done for a first time
- His first publicity spot was about MILK.
- Is named after Leonardo Da Vinci because he first kicked in his mother's womb when she saw Leonardo Da Vinci's artwork at the Uffizi Gallery, his artist father felt it was apt. His paternal grandfather's middle name happens to be Leon.
- His first Oscar win in February 28, 2016 broke the internet and generated 440,000 Tweets per minute, making it the most-tweeted moment of an Oscars telecast ever, surpassing Ellen DeGeneres' selfie from the 2014 ceremony.
- His first agent refused to sign him in the beginning unless he would change his name to "Lenny Williams", saying that Leonardo Wilhelm DiCaprio was "too ethnic" to work.
- One of his first TV appearances was "Romper Room". He got himself ejected from the set for being disruptive.
- Donated a substantial sum of money to the Australian Bushfire Appeal in 2020 and was one of the first celebrities to do so.
Leonardo Dicaprio's Donations
- American representative at Tiger Conservation Efforts At Russia Summit. Donated $1.000.000 to preservation of Asian Tiger. [November 2010]
- Donated a Banksy painting from his art collection for the amfAR Gala charity auction in Cannes, where it fetched $1 million. The painting was introduced by Marion Cotillard and Michael Fassbender. [May 21, 2015].
- Donated a substantial sum of money to the Australian Bushfire Appeal in 2020 and was one of the first celebrities to do so.
Leonardo Dicaprio's quotes
- The best thing about acting is that I get to lose myself in another character and actually get paid for it. It's a great outlet. As for myself, I'm not sure who I am. It seems that I change every day.
- People want you to be a crazy, out-of-control teen brat. They want you miserable, just like them. They don't want heroes; what they want is to see you fall.
- On working with Martin Scorsese in Gangs of New York (2002): He's a perfectionist, obsessed with detail. That's why he went over budget and over schedule.
- You can either be a vain movie star, or you can try to shed some light on different aspects of the human condition.
- It's a really obvious thing to say, but the more people know too much about who you really are, and it's a fundamental thing, the more the mystery is taken away from the artist, and the harder it is for people to believe that person in a particular role.
- The great thing about turning 30 in this business is that you get to perpetuate being young or old as long as we want.
- Yes, I can play younger than my age. But I can play characters older than I am, too. I'm not an actor who can just play the kid.
- You learn after you've been in the business for a while that it's not getting your face recognized that's the payoff. It's having your film remembered.
- [on losing out on the Oscar to Jamie Foxx during the 2005 Academy Awards] I wasn't surprised that Jamie got the award. But I knew that cameras would be stuffed up my face so I had my response ready. Anyone who says they don't practice is a liar.
- I don't know if I'm ever getting married. I'm probably not going to get married unless I live with somebody for 10 or 20 years. But these people took a chance and they did it. We don't have the guts that Romeo did.
- As a little kid growing up in Hollywood, I was called 'a little crazy'. And now I guess I'm still that way.
- I cheated a lot, because I just couldn't sit and do homework. I usually sat next to someone extremely smart.
- I like to help the whales, the otters, and the dolphins. When I'm acting and I take a break, the first thing on my list is spending time by the sea.
- When a role for a young guy is being offered to me, I think of River Phoenix. It feels like a loss.
- When I was young, I used to have this thing where I wanted to see everything. I used to think, "How can I die without seeing every inch of this world?".
- On his life: What I would do in order to be popular was, I'd put myself on line and joke around and be funny, and I was always known as the crazy kid.
- Bridget Hall and I hung out for a week. The whole thing was blown out of proportion.
- [on marriage] I don't have the guts that Romeo did.
- On love: I like girls who are intelligent, somewhat funny, and pretty with a nice personality.
- It's a weird adjustment living alone, because you don't realize how much you really miss Mumsie until she's not there.
- Dark green is my favorite color. It's the color of nature and the color of money and the color of moss!
- I'm not really the quiet type, although some people think I am. But I'm the rebel type in the sense that I don't think I'm like everyone else. I try to be an individual.
- I'm absolutely clean. I've never tried anything. That's not a lie!
- I'm not the sort of person who tries to be cool or trendy. I'm definitely an individual.
- I hate speaking in front of a large audience. I don't know where it came from... but its just this gut-wrenching fear of slipping up and doing something horrible.
- One of my passions is to meet people and then imitate them. I love doing that.
- I have the same problem as Edward Furlong. I'm so thin!
- I'm nothing like Romeo in real life.
- I'm shy, but when the time comes to be wild, I'm fun-loving, adventurous, and mysterious.
- It's tricky stuff. If you're not perfect in every film, then people say "See, he was just lucky in one role.".
- On his career: I admit I've done a few lousy roles in the beginning of my career, like my role in Critters 3 (1991). But at that age, you'll do anything for attention!
- People want you to be a crazy out-of-control teen brat. They want you to be miserable, just like them. They don't want heroes. What they want is to see you fall.
- Everywhere I go, somebody is staring at me. I don't know if people are staring because they recognize me or because they think I'm a weirdo.
- People always like to make up stories. I am not planning on getting married. Then again, I might wake up tomorrow and decide to get married!
- If you hear of any incident about me - a fight, a change of clothes, a little extra gel in the hair, don't believe it till you talk to me.
- I hate being selected as 'Babe of the Month' and being called 'hunk'.
- Fame is not the worst thing. I went to dinner the other night, and the girls in the restaurant ignored me. It was so annoying.
- I insist on keeping a level head. I've maintained the same exact home life that I've had for 20 years. All I see is more people looking at me than before. But, you know, who cares? You just can't obsess yourself with this fame stuff.
- If you can do what you do best and be happy, you're further along in life than most people.
- The main thing for me right now is just to live my life with my family and friends. They treat me like Leo, not 'Leonardo, Master Thespian'. That's all I need to keep my sanity.
- On success: I've just been jolting along from one film to another... Now, it's sort of a shock to realize what I've achieved.
- Portraying emotionally ill characters gives me the chance to really act.
- I'm just starting to scratch the surface of what makes me happy, and it has taken me a while to admit that acting like a child and a jerk is fun.
- On acting: Don't think for a moment that I'm really like any of the characters I play. That's why it's called acting.
- I respect Russian culture and Russian cinema, especially Eisenstein, (Andrei) Tarkovsky, and Sergei Parajanov.
- [on one of his favorite movies, East of Eden (1955)] - I remember seeing the hunger in James Dean's eyes. I watched it five times in a row.
- (2010) I want to be an actor just like my role models, Robert De Niro, for example. Being discreet in his private life has allowed him to be even more credible in different roles on the big screen.
- [on his post-Titanic (1997) romantic life] - I had better success meeting girls before Titanic (1997). My interactions with them didn't have all the stigma behind it, not to mention there wasn't a perception of her talking to me for only one reason.
- (2010) I was the most insane child you can imagine, pretty intolerable to be around. High-octane energy all the time, never wanting to focus on schoolwork.
- [on playing Jack Dawson in Titanic (1997)] I'm not haunted by it but it certainly follows me. I've been to the Amazon and people with no clothes on - and I'm not exaggerating - know about that film. I've accepted it.
- When I can't immediately define the character and there's an element of mystery to it and still a lot to be explored, that's when I say yes. I like those kinds of complicated characters.
- There are a lot of pitfalls to success, and one is not listening to criticism. One of the the most important things you can do is hear criticism of yourself and embrace it, whether it be - in my case - artistic or personal.
- You learn, after you've been in the business for a while, that fame is empty and pointless.
- [on Jordan Belfort, the character he plays in The Wolf of Wall Street (2013)] He was like a modern-day emperor Caligula. He held nothing back and was unapologetic about his lust for wealth and mad consumption.
- [on Kate Winslet - 2016 Golden Globes red carpet] She's my favorite actress in the industry.
Leonardo Dicaprio's height, weight, body shape, eye color, hair color
Lets describe how Leonardo Dicaprio looks. We will focus on Leonardo´s height, weight, body shape, eye color, hair color and shoe size. He is tall as 6' 0" (183 cm). Leonardo weights 165lbs (75 kg). Body build is average. Leonardo´s eyes are tinted blue. Leonardo´s hair is shade of brown - light. If you are really curious, you may find interesting his shoe size is 43.
Latest news about Leonardo Dicaprio
For the latest news - you can follow Leonardo Dicaprio on social networks.