Madonna is 64 years old film director born at Bay City. She was born on Saturday 16th of August 1958. She is often nicknamed as NonnieMaddyMoThe Material GirlMadgeEstherMThe Queen of PopDitaBuzzbombLola MontezQueen of ReinventionLil' BootyVeronica ElectronicaMrs. RitchieDumboQueen of ControversyHigh Priestess of PopFirst Lady of PopMadame XEmmyKit MoresbyThe Mouth. According to year of birth 1958 she belongs to Boomers. Birthday on 16th of August means she is Leo. As sign in itself indicates “Lion” or “King”, hence people born under Leo sign are considered to be leaders in every aspects of life. They are royal in nature.She was married 2 times.
She is native english speaker. She is citizen of United States of America. Her primary profession is to be film director. You can know her also as composer, film producer, writer, actor, dancer, entrepreneur, singer, record producer, performing artist, businessperson, screenwriter, songwriter, poet, model, children's writer, manufacturer, director, philanthropist, guitarist, film actor, art collector. She is recently known as voice actor. She received Grammy Award for Best Music Film Blond Ambition World Tour Live in 1992
Madonna's father's name is Silvio P. (Tony) Ciccone.
Madonna's mother's name is Madonna Louise Fortin.
Madonna's ex spouses
Madonna and Guy Ritchie have been together since 2000 for 8 years. Guy is known as film director. Her ex spouse was born on Tuesday 10th of September 1968 in Hatfield.
Madonna and Sean Penn have been together since 1985 for 4 years. He is known as film actor. Her ex spouse was born on Wednesday 17th of August 1960 in Santa Monica.
She has 1 son and 1 daughter
Madonna's son: Rocco Ritchie
Madonna's son's name is Rocco Ritchie. He is known as actor. Her son was born on Friday 11th of August 2000 in Los Angeles.
Madonna's daughter: Lourdes Leon
Madonna's daughter's name is Lourdes Leon. She is known as singer. Her daughter was born on Monday 14th of October 1996 in Los Angeles.
We found 2 schools She attended. Complete list of schools: University of Michigan School of Music, Theatre & Dance, Rochester Adams High School.
Detailed informations about her schools
- Attended St. Andrew's Elementary School (now Holy Family Regional).
- Attended Rochester Adams High School in Rochester, Michigan, the same high school attended by Karen Moncrieff, Joe Henry and David Geister.
- Attended St. Fredericks Elementary School.
Her main focus is to be film director and music industry. Maybe you are curious what instrument does she play ? She plays guitar.
Is Madonna gay ?
She is known to be bisexuality.
Madonna and Warren Beatty have been together since 1989 for a year. He is known as actor. Her partner was born on Tuesday 30th of March 1937 in Richmond.
Madonna and Tupac Shakur have been together since 1994 for a year. He is known as rapper. Her partner was born on Wednesday 16th of June 1971 in East Harlem. Her partner died on Friday 13th of September 1996 in University Medical Center of Southern Nevada. Tupac Shakur was 38 years old, when this happened.
Madonna and Sandra Bernhard have been together since 1985 for 3 years. She is known as comedian. Her partner was born on Friday 6th of May 1955 in Flint.
Madonna and Lenny Kravitz have been together. He is known as singer. Her partner was born on Tuesday 26th of May 1964 in New York City.
Madonna and Dan Gilroy have been together. He is known as screenwriter. Her partner was born on Wednesday 24th of June 1959 in Santa Monica.
Madonna and Vanilla Ice have been together since 1990 for a year. He is known as rapper. Her partner was born on Tuesday 31st of October 1967.
Madonna and Dennis Rodman have been together. He is known as basketball player. Her partner was born on Saturday 13th of May 1961 in Trenton.
Madonna and Alex Rodriguez have been together less than a year in 2008. He is known as baseball player. Her partner was born on Sunday 27th of July 1975 in Brooklyn.
John Kennedy Jr.
Madonna and John Kennedy Jr. have been together. He is known as journalist. Her partner was born on Friday 25th of November 1960 in Washington, D.C.. Her partner died on Friday 16th of July 1999 in Atlantic Ocean. John Kennedy Jr. was 41 years old, when this happened.
Jean Michel Basquiat
Madonna and Jean Michel Basquiat have been together. He is known as painter. Her partner was born on Thursday 22nd of December 1960 in Brooklyn. Her partner died on Friday 12th of August 1988 in New York City. Jean Michel Basquiat was 30 years old, when this happened.
Madonna and Jenny Shimizu have been together. She is known as actor. Her partner was born on Friday 16th of June 1967 in San Jose.
Madonna and Tony Ward have been together since 1990 for a year. He is known as model. Her partner was born on Monday 10th of June 1963 in San Jose.
Madonna and Jose Canseco have been together. He is known as baseball player. Her partner was born on Thursday 2nd of July 1964 in Havana.
Madonna and Jellybean Benítez have been together since 1982 for 3 years. He is known as musician. Her partner was born on Thursday 7th of November 1957 in South Bronx.
Madonna and Timor Steffens have been together. He is known as choreographer. Her partner was born on Friday 9th of October 1987 in Roermond.
Madonna and Brahim Zaibat have been together since 2010 for 3 years.
Madonna and Jesus Luz have been together since 2008 for 2 years. He is known as model. Her partner was born on Thursday 15th of January 1987 in Rio de Janeiro.
Madonna and Carlos Leon have been together since 1995 for 2 years.
Awards and competitions
- She received award for Grammy Award for Best Music Film for work Blond Ambition World Tour Live in 1992
- She received award for Grammy Award for Best Pop Vocal Album for work Ray of Light in 1999
- She received award for Grammy Award for Best Dance Recording for work Ray of Light in 1999
- She received award for Grammy Award for Best Music Video for work Ray of Light in 1999
- She received award for Grammy Award for Best Song Written for Visual Media for work Beautiful Stranger in 2000
- She received award for Grammy Award for Best Dance/Electronic Album for work Confessions on a Dance Floor in 2007
- She received award for Grammy Award for Best Music Film for work The Confessions Tour in 2008
- She received award for Golden Globe Award for Best Actress – Motion Picture Musical or Comedy for work Evita in 1997
- She received award for Golden Globe Award for Best Original Song for work Masterpiece in 2012
- She received award for Golden Raspberry Award for Worst Screen Couple/Ensemble for work Swept Away in 2002
- She received award for Golden Raspberry Award for Worst Supporting Actress for work Four Rooms in 1995
- She received award for Golden Raspberry Award for Worst Actress for work Shanghai Surprise in 1987
- She received award for Golden Raspberry Award for Worst Actress for work Who's That Girl in 1988
- Ranked #8 on VH1's 100 Greatest Women of Rock N Roll
- Ranked #6 in Life's 100 Greatest Rockers List (March 2002).
- Her 1985 hit "Into The Groove" was ranked #40 on VH1's 100 Greatest Dance Songs, while "Vogue" placed in the top 10 at #4.
- Ranked #1 on VH1's 100 Sexiest Artists.
- Ranked #86 on VH1's 100 Greatest Artists of Rock & Roll.
- Six music videos that ranked on VH1's 100 Greatest Videos: "Like A Prayer" was #2, "Justify My Love" was #7, "Ray Of Light" was #40, "Material Girl" was #54, "Like A Virgin" was #61, and "Borderline" was #84.
- Her 1989 album "Like A Prayer" ranked #100 on VH1's 100 Greatest Albums.
- AOL's Top 10 Celebrity Downfall Searches  (Ranked: 4).
- AOL/Red's Best Kisses  (Ranked: 7).
- AOL/Red's 20 Celebrities for President  (Ranked: 14).
- Access Hollywood's Top 5 Women  (Ranked: 2).
- 100 Greatest Moms [Redbook] (Ranked: 28).
- AOL's Top 10 Celebrity Searches  (Ranked: 4).
- Access Hollywood's 5 Worst Dressed  (Ranked: 4).
- Access Hollywood's Top 10 Women  (Ranked: 5).
- AOL's Top 10 Celebrity Video Searches  (Ranked: 4).
- She was nominated for Golden Raspberry Award for Worst Actress for work Shanghai Surprise in 1987
- She was nominated for Golden Raspberry Award for Worst Actress for work Who's That Girl in 1988
- She was nominated for Golden Raspberry Award for Worst Supporting Actress for work Bloodhounds of Broadway in 1990
- She was nominated for Golden Raspberry Award for Worst Actress for work Madonna: Truth or Dare in 1992
What Madonna has done for a first time
- Her first film, A Certain Sacrifice (1979), was released in 1985, after she became a star, but was actually shot in two parts, the first in 1979, and the other, in 1981.
- The first song she ever wrote before she became famous was a song called "Tell the Truth".
- Was first introduced to her husband Guy Ritchie by Sting & Trudie Styler at their Country Estate. Trudie Styler and Sting were later made godparents of their first born son Rocco Ritchie.
- Her version of "American Pie" was played for the first time at a John Galiano fashion show in 1999.
- 14th January 1984: Performs "Holiday" on American Bandstand: Episode #27.13 (1984). It is her first national TV performance.
- She was one of the first singers to pay tribute to fellow music superstars Michael Jackson, David Bowie, Prince and George Michael after their deaths.
- Her first concert was in April of 1985 in Seattle, Washington. Her first concert in Canada that same year was in Toronto, Ontario.
- When Madonna first got famous and moved out of the East Village, on weekend nights she would cruise in her limo down St. Mark's Place to pick Latino youths off the street for backseat hookups.
- [in the Los Angeles Times, October 1994] When I'm hungry, I eat. When I'm thirsty, I drink. When I feel like saying something, I say it.
- Children always understand. They have open minds. They have built-in shit detectors.
- [in Interview magazine, June 1993] I think that everyone should get married at least once, so you can see what a silly, outdated institution it is.
- [from her book "Sex"] A lot of people are afraid to say what they want. That's why they don't get what they want.
- [to David Letterman in March 1994] Listen, all you do is talk about my sex life on your show, so now you don't want to talk about my sex life when I'm on your show?!
- [in Vanity Fair, April 1991] I sometimes think I was born to live up to my name. How could I be anything else but what I am having been named Madonna? I would either have ended up a nun or this.
- I feel just as hungry today as I did the day I left home.
- [in Spin magazine, January 1996] Better to live one year as a tiger than hundred as a sheep.
- I am my own experiment. I am my own work of art.
- [in Elle magazine, February 2001] I'm like a cockroach. You just can't get rid of me.
- [in W Magazine, April 2003] People who have nothing better to do than talk about my hair color have no lives.
- [in Parkinson (1971), November 2005] I'm a gay man trapped in a woman's body!
- Without the heart, there can be no understanding between the hand and the mind.
- [in People magazine, March 1985] I'm tough, ambitious and I know exactly what I want. If that makes me a bitch, okay.
- Fame can be very disruptive. It can be like a drug. It gives you the feeling that you're happy, it gives you the feeling of self-importance, it gives you the feeling of fulfillment... but it can distract you from what is really important.
- [in Hits Daily Double magazine, August 2000] There is nothing rebellious about today's sounds, and music needs to be rebellious.
- [after winning an Award of Honor at the French NRJ Music Awards, January 2004] My ambition may be American, and I may have married a Brit, but my heart belongs to France.
- [in In Bed with Madonna (1991)] I wouldn't live in Chicago cause it's too conservative, aside for the fact that Oprah Winfrey lives there.
- [in In Bed with Madonna (1991)] I know I'm not the best singer and I know I'm not the best dancer, but I'm not interested in that. I'm interested in pushing people's buttons, in being provocative and in being political.
- [in W magazine, April 2003] I think that Kabbalah is very punk rock.
- [on MTV, September 1984] What I would like to ultimately achieve, I already told Dick Clark once on American Bandstand (1952). So I'll repeat it again, and annoy everyone who was annoyed before when I said it: I want to conquer the world.
- [in Smash Hits magazine, July 1989] Everyone in the family studied a musical instrument. My father was really big on that. Somehow I only took about a year and a half of piano lessons and I convinced my father to let me take dancing lessons instead.
- [on Spice Girls] I like them. I know I am not supposed to. Every time someone says something bad about them, I say, "Hey, wait a minute, I was a Spice Girl once!"
- [in In Bed with Madonna (1991), about her fans] Even when I feel like shit, they still love me!
- You have to be patient... I'm not!
- [in In Bed with Madonna (1991)] I hate people who hate women. Actually I hate people who hate!
- I do think that the birth of my daughter was sort of a rebirth for me. It made me look at life in a completely new way. And that made me appreciate life in a way I don't think I ever had before.
- [in Spin magazine, May 1985] When I was growing up, I was religious, in a passionate, adolescent way. Jesus Christ was like a movie star, my favorite idol of all.
- [on Britney Spears] I feel really protective of her. Don't even ask me why. There's something about her. Even though she's terribly successful, for some reason I think of her as an underdog.
- [in People magazine, April 2003] I don't want people to dress like me anymore. Now I want them to think like me. Dress like Britney Spears and think like me, and everything will be fine.
- I've learned from studying Kabbalah that if your happiness is based on people approving of everything you do, you're doomed to fail... Kabbalah helped me stand up and take responsibility for everything to do with me.
- If you take everything I do at face value, you're going to be horrified. Or intimidated. Or insulted. Or bored.
- One of the hardest thing I've faced in my life was the death of my mother, and that's something I really haven't got over to this day.
- [Sirius Satellite Radio interview, February 2007] I want to be like Gandhi and Martin Luther King and John Lennon - but I want to stay alive!
- [in an interview with Ryan Seacrest, October 2009] Younger people are generally more adventurous - they're more open, more fun - have you met many guys my age? Guys my age are married or divorced or grumpy, fat and balding.
- [in Interview magazine, December 2014] I was attracted to creative people. You don't want to be the smartest person in the room; you want to be the dumbest in the room.
- [in Interview magazine, December 2014] I remember having conversations with Keith Haring and with Jean Michel Basquiat about the importance of your art being accessible to people. That was their big thing - it should be available to everyone.
- [in Interview magazine, December 2014] Sleeping is the most difficult part of what I do, relaxing afterwards. Letting things go.
- [in Rolling Stone magazine, March 2015] Women, generally, when they reach a certain age, have accepted that they're not allowed to behave a certain way. But I don't follow the rules. I never did, and I'm not going to start.
- [on the death of David Bowie] I'm devastated! This great artist changed my life! First concert I ever saw in Detroit! R.I.P.
- [on the death of Prince] He changed the world!! A true visionary. What a loss. I'm devastated.
- [in Details magazine, December 1994] It's common to have abortions. Many people have them and it's nothing to be ashamed of.
- [following the death of George Michael] Another great artist leaves us. Can 2016 fuck off now?
- [at Women's March in Washington D.C., January 2017] I have thought an awful lot about blowing up the White House. But I know that this won't change anything.
- [Instagramming on Father's Day, 2017] Happy Father's day to me too because let's face it, I'm the Mommy and the Daddy. I don't care what the papers say.
- [when Ruby Wax started to ask "When you fake an orgasm..."] I never have! I'm not getting out of the bed until he makes me cum.
- [self description] A creamy smooth pop icon goddess.
- [to gay dancer Jose Guitierez in In Bed with Madonna (1991)] Get out of my bed and don't come back until your dick is bigger!
- [in People magazine, December 2004] I worry about everything, if I'm exposing my children to the right things, if I said the right thing in an interview . . . I'm a worrywort. I'm really a lot like everybody else.
- [pickup line she fed Norris Burroughs in 1978] Get your gorgeous Brando body over here.
- [in Rock Center with Brian Williams (2011), May 2012] People like to get attention and they know they can get attention for themselves by mentioning my name. I think some people are kind of stuck on my name like a needle on a record.
- I don't think about my old stuff. I just move forward.
- Fantasies are essential. Without fantasies I would have died of starvation.
- [to Eddy Moretti in September 2013, commenting on the global political climate] You think we're a civilization that's moving forward, but I'm sorry my friend, we are not! We are going backwards!
- I never saw my parents naked. Gosh, when I was seventeen I hadn't seen a penis.
- [at the premiere of Madonna: The MDNA Tour (2013), June 2013, when asked what kind of workout she does to keep in shape] I hate those questions. I did the show every fucking night, OK! Is that a workout? I mean, did you watch?
- [in Genre magazine, October 2002] I skip the huge breakfast. Once you eat it, I don't know how you can get up and move around...I go out and shoot some pheasants.
- [in Rolling Stone magazine, September 2000] You can't go to London and not start drinking Guinness. And I have been known to eat fried fish and French fries. When in Rome - right?
- [Us Weekly, March 2015] I can't stand mushrooms. Or escargot. Yuck! It's like snot. Expensive snot.
- [Us Weekly, March 2015] I miss absolutely nothing about growing up in Michigan. Nothing at all.
- [Us Weekly, March 2015] The one thing I'd never be caught dead wearing is a fur bikini.
- [Us Weekly, March 2015] I have found marriages don't last if you share bathrooms. The best thing about being single is there's no one to throw out of the bathroom when I want privacy.
- [Spin, January 1996] I identified with black men because I thought in a way we experience the same things - people treat you like shit 'cause you're black, people treat you like shit 'cause you're a woman. But that is not in fact the case.
- [on late motherhood] I wasn't ready when I was 30 to have a kid.
- [on her siblings] I'm very close to *some* of my brothers and sisters. There's too many of us!
- Some people think that two is several. It depends on your point of view.
Madonna's body shape
Lets describe how Madonna looks. We will focus on her body shape. Body build is average.
Latest news about Madonna
For the latest news - you can follow Madonna on social networks.
- She reached total 0 followers - Madonna on Twitter