Stan Lee's biography
Stanley Martin Lieber is 96 years old publisher born at Manhattan. Stan was born on Thursday 28th of December 1922. He is often nicknamed as Stan the Man, Generalissimo. According to year of birth 1922 Stan belongs to Greatest Generation. Birthday on 28th of December means he is Capricorn. These people are stable in nature. As the sign lord is “Saturn”, the person will be judgemental in his approach.
He is native american english speaker. Stan is white american. Stan is citizen of United States of America. He is agnostic. Stan´s primary profession is to be publisher. You can know Stan also as comics writer, editor, film producer, journalist, science fiction writer, film actor, soldier, television presenter, screenwriter, business executive, voice actor, executive producer. Stan is recently known as writer.
Stan Lee's family
Stan Lee's ex wife
Stan Lee and Joan Lee have been together since 1947 for 70 years. She is known as model. His ex wife was born on Sunday 5th of February 1922 in Gosforth. Stan´s ex wife died on Thursday 6th of July 2017 in Los Angeles. Joan Lee was 95 years old, when this happened.
Stan Lee's schools
We found 1 school Stan attended. Name of the school: DeWitt Clinton High School.
Detailed informations about Stan´s schools
Stan studied high school - DeWitt Clinton High School, Bronx, NY.
Stan Lee's career
His main focus is to be publisher. He is famous thanks to Co-created Spider-Man, the Fantastic Four, the X-Men, Iron Man, the Hulk, Thor, Daredevil, Doctor Strange, and many others.
Is Stan Lee gay ?
Stan is known to be straight.
How did Stan Lee die
He died on on Monday 12th of November 2018 when he was 96 years old at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center. Stan Lees death was caused by cardiac arrest with respiratory failure and congestive heart failure. It happend like natural causes.
Awards and competitions
Stan Lee's Awards
- He was awarded the 2008 American National Medal of the Arts for his services to comic books and production.
Stan Lee's Nominations
- He was nominated for Hugo Award for Best Dramatic Presentation (Long Form) for work Spider-Man 2 in 2005
What else you don't know about Stan Lee ?
Stan´s middle name is Martin.
What Stan Lee has done for a first time
- He first began to work on comics in 1941 on the third issue of Captain America.
- Offered Luke Lieberman his first job, working at POW! Entertainment.
- Stan Lee's first story was "Captain America Foils the Traitor's Revenge" in Captain America Comics #3 in 1941, an all-text story.
- Due to his advancing age, he shot several cameos ahead of upcoming movies - just in case. The first of such posthumous cameos appeared in Captain Marvel (2019), which also a special Marvel opening credit as a tribute.
- Cites Mallrats (1995) as the movie in which he had his first real starring role.
- Counts Leslie Howard's Percy Blakeney in The Scarlet Pimpernel (1934) as his first real movie superhero.
Stan Lee's quotes
- I felt someday I'd write the Great American Novel and I didn't want to use my real name on these silly little comics" [about why he changed his name to Stan Lee to begin with.]
- If a character had the first initial in both names, I could at least remember one of the names" [his reason for creating characters with the same initial... bad memory]
- I've had the same thing for years. I have orange juice and then I have cereal. I have granola with berries and sliced bananas and a cup of coffee and man it's great. I'm a creature of habit. [When asked about what he has for breakfast.]
- The X-Men are basically just me being really lazy. If I said that their powers came from a mutation that would be it. I wouldn't have to explain it any further.
- I love Marvel and the people there. I'm glad I'm still part of it.
- I always sympathized with the people who did work for hire; I was one of them.
- I have never had a lap dance in Tampa or any other part of Florida. If I ever did have a lap dance, I don't think I would be discussing television ideas with the girl that was giving it to me.
- On Jack Kirby: He was a legend, he truly was. Nobody could draw like Jack.
- [on Fredric Wertham's book, "Seduction of the Innocent"] He said something like two-thirds of kids in reform schools read comic books. I bet two-thirds of them also drink milk, but that didn't seem to matter much to him.
- See also Other Works |Â Publicity Listings |Â Official Sites
Stan Lee's height, body shape, eye color
Lets describe how Stan Lee looks. We will focus on Stan´s height, body shape, eye color and hair color. He is tall as 5' 11" (180 cm). Body build is slim. Stan´s eyes are tinted brown - dark. Stan´s hair is shade of grey.
Latest news about Stan Lee
For the latest news - you can follow Stan Lee on social networks.