Simon Pegg's biography
Simon John Pegg is 52 years old actor born at Brockworth. He was born on Saturday 14th of February 1970. Simon is often nicknamed as Simon John Beckingham. According to year of birth 1970 he belongs to Generation X. Birthday on 14th of February means Simon is Aquarius. Aquarius is an Airy sign. They are smart thinkers, social, communicative, independent and intelligent people.
Simon is white british. Simon is citizen of United Kingdom. Simon is atheist. His primary profession is to be actor. You can know Simon also as film producer, writer, screenwriter, voice actor, comedian. Simon is recently known as television actor.
Simon Pegg's schools
We found 3 schools Simon attended. Complete list of schools: University of Bristol, The King's School, Gloucester, Stratford-upon-Avon College.
Detailed informations about Simon´s schools
- Attended Brockworth School in Gloucestershire and opened their new business centre (2004).
- Attended Stratford-Upon-Avon College, and studied Performance Studies and English.
Simon Pegg's career
Simon´s main focus is to be actor. He is famous thanks to Spaced, Shaun of the Dead, Hot Fuzz.
Is Simon Pegg gay ?
Simon is known to be straight.
What else you don't know about Simon Pegg ?
Simon´s middle name is John.
What Simon Pegg has done for a first time
- Was originally slated to play Rose Tyler's father in the first series of Doctor Who (2005), but on account of a scheduling conflict took the role of The Editor in another episode.
- Was offered a role in Dog Soldiers (2002), which he turned down at Edgar Wright's request, as Wright wanted Shaun of the Dead (2004) to be Pegg's first role in a horror movie.
- Simon and his wife, Maureen Pegg, welcomed their first child, daughter Matilda Pegg on July 1, 2009.
Simon Pegg's quotes
- [on seeing Star Wars (1977) for the first time as a child] It was like an awakening.
- You know what, despite my complaints about The Phantom Menace and Episode II, when Episode III comes out I'll be first in line. I genuinely love it.
- Every person should have their escape route planned. I think everyone has an apocalypse fantasy, what would I do in the event of the end of the world, and we just basically - me and Nick - said what would we do, where would we head?
- I always loved horror and that's sort of the reason we decided to make the film. We were nourished on those sorts of films, so it was a labor of love.
- Chris Martin's a good friend of mine. I'm actually Apple's godfather. He's an old friend and we've been mates for quite a few years now.
- Doctor Who (1963) was a big part of my childhood so it was a great honour to be in it.
- But I think there's plenty of British comedy that Americans have never seen that they would like but sometimes things just get through.
- Both me and Edgar are firm believers in never underestimating or talking down to an audience, and giving an audience something to do, to give them something which is entirely up to them to enter into the film and find these hidden things and whatever.
- As a certain kind of threat, as monsters from the id, they're more affective as aggressive killing machines, but I think the whole point of the zombie as Romero framed it was that it's us. They're like larva. They just keep coming.
- Because once the word got out that we were making Shaun of the Dead (2004), we didn't want people to think we were backtracking or changing our minds.
- And also, isn't the root of the word zombie from somnambulist, which means sleepwalker. By the very running immediately stops them from being zombies.
- American audiences tend to be more expressive than British ones.
- [Shaun of the Dead (2004)] I wrote Spaced (1999) with Jessica Hynes (aka Jessica Stevenson), who plays Yvonne in the film - who is our savior that comes and gets us at the end.
- I used to lie in bed in my flat and imagine what would happen if there was a zombie attack.
- In England, we don't have any guns whatsoever.
- It's the very British thing of reserve and keeping everything shut in, that's what people do with their emotions, shut the curtains on them.
- I think that the joke and the ghost story both have a similar set up in that you kind of set something up and pay it off with a laugh or a scare.
- I think at its best the American sense of humor is the same as the British sense of humor at its best, which is to be wry and ironic and self deprecating.
- I don't know about doing a sequel. I think you can retroactively damage a product by adding to it.
- I just love listening to the laughter.
- I loved playing Shaun, he's not that different from me.
- I mean, yeah, I'm sure that Python and the other things have paved the way for a greater understanding of the British sense of humor, but I don't think it's all that different than the American sense of humor.
- [on his How to Lose Friends & Alienate People (2008) co-star Megan Fox] She's really sharp and actually a bit of a geek. Queen of the geeks - the most beautiful geek I've ever met. Even if she did keep pointing out I was old enough to be her father.
- After a barrage of tweets on the matter, allow me to clarify, I am not in the running for, nor do I have any desire to be the next Doctor. I actually haven't watched the show since I was in it. I'm very method that way.
- [Will Ferrell] is a great example of a guy who people aren't sure about when he does something serious. I really loved [Stranger Than Fiction (2006)], which was a serious film he did, but the audiences didn't turn out so much.
- [on Terminator 2: Judgment Day (1991)] Not as good as the first by any means - the thumb in the lava at the end is one of the most ridiculous moments in any film, ever.
- The beauty of Point Break (1991) was that Kathryn Bigelow took a ludicrous idea, cast Reeves/Swayze/Busey and made a classic. Good luck remake.
- (On fame) It's like jumping into a pool full of sharks.
- See also Other Works |Â Publicity Listings |Â Official Sites
Simon Pegg's height, body shape, eye color
Lets describe how Simon Pegg looks. We will focus on Simon´s height, body shape, eye color and hair color. Simon is tall as 5' 10" (178 cm). Body build is average. His eyes are tinted blue. His hair is shade of red.
Latest news about Simon Pegg
For the latest news - you can follow Simon Pegg on social networks.