Sam Shepard's biography
Sam Shepard is 74 years old actor born on on Friday 5th of November 1943. He is often nicknamed as Charlie. According to year of birth 1943 he belongs to Silent Generation. Birthday on 5th of November means he is Scorpio. Scorpio is a watery sign. These people are very intense in their thoughts. They always learn from the transformatory phase of their life.
He is native english speaker. He is citizen of United States of America. His primary profession is to be actor. You can know him also as film director, screenwriter, dramaturge, playwright, stage actor, film actor, author, theatrical director, autobiographer. He is recently known as percussionist.
Sam Shepard's mom
Sam Shepard's mother's name is Jane Elaine Schook.
Sam Shepard's family
Sam Shepard's ex spouse
Sam Shepard and O-Lan Jones have been together since 1969 for 15 years. O-Lan is known as actor. His ex spouse was born on Tuesday 23rd of May 1950 in Los Angeles.
Sam Shepard's schools
We found 2 schools He attended. Complete list of schools: Mt. San Antonio College, Duarte High School.
Sam Shepard's career
His main focus is to be actor. He is also a member of American Academy of Arts and Letters.
Sam Shepard's partner
Sam Shepard and Jessica Lange have been together since 1982 for 27 years. Jessica is known as film actor. His partner was born on Wednesday 20th of April 1949 in Cloquet.
How did Sam Shepard die
He died on on Thursday 27th of July 2017 when he was 74 years old at Midway. Sam Shepards death was caused by complications from amyotrophic lateral sclerosis. It happend like natural causes.
Awards and competitions
Sam Shepard's Awards
- Awarded a fellowship from Yale University in 1968 and one from the University of Minnesota in 1969.
Sam Shepard's Nominations
- He was nominated for Academy Award for Best Supporting Actor for work The Right Stuff in 1983
Sam Shepard's quotes
- Collaboration--that's the word producers use. That means, "Don't forget to kiss ass from beginning to end".
- Personality is everything that's false in a human, everything that's been added on to him and contrived.
- [Aug. 1970 interview in "Playboy" magazine] The people the critics write for aren't important to me. As far as I'm concerned, Broadway just doesn't exist.
- I was different on drugs-crystal Methedrine, which had more of an edge. When you walked down the street, your heels made sparks.
- Don't you find it kind of self-indulgent for actors to go around writing parts for themselves?
- There are places where writing is acting and acting is writing. I'm not so interested in the divisions. I'm interested in the way things cross over.
- I'm not in demand. I'm all washed up.
- Hollywood is geared toward teenage idiocy.
- You're still much more afraid of the audience, and yet, on the other hand, you desperately want to plunge into new territory. So every once in a while, the opportunity to make this leap gets handed to you. It's like jumping into cold water.
- It's one of the great tragedies of our contemporary life in America, that families fall apart. Almost everybody has that in common.
- I didn't go out of my way to get into this movie stuff. I think of myself as a writer.
- [on Harry Dean Stanton] He is one of those actors who knows that his face is the story.
- See also Other Works |Â Publicity Listings |Â Official Sites
Sam Shepard's body shape
Lets describe how Sam Shepard looks. We will focus on his body shape. Body build is average.
Latest news about Sam Shepard
For the latest news - you can follow Sam Shepard on social networks.