Robert Donat's biography
Robert Donat is 53 years old film actor born at Withington. He was born on Saturday 18th of March 1905. He is often nicknamed as DonFritz. According to year of birth 1905 he belongs to Greatest Generation. Birthday on 18th of March means he is Pisces. Pisces is a Watery Sign. They are very intuitive people. They are empathic, emotional and highly spiritual in nature.
He is citizen of United Kingdom. His primary profession is to be film actor. You can know him also as character actor, stage actor, film director. He is recently known as actor. He received Academy Award for Best Actor Goodbye, Mr. Chips in 1938
Robert Donat's dad
Robert Donat's father's name is Ernst Emil Donat.
Robert Donat's family
Robert Donat's ex spouse
Robert Donat and Renée Asherson have been together since 1953 for 5 years. She is known as actor. His ex spouse was born on Wednesday 19th of May 1915 in Kensington. His ex spouse died on Thursday 30th of October 2014 in London. Renée Asherson was 109 years old, when this happened.
Robert Donat's career
His main focus is to be film actor. You could see him also in Goodbye, Mr. Chips.
How did Robert Donat die
He died on on Monday 9th of June 1958 when he was 53 years old at London. Robert Donats death was caused by cerebral thrombosis due to brain tumor.
Awards and competitions
Robert Donat's Awards
- He was posthumously awarded a Star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame at 6420 Hollywood Boulevard in Hollywood, California on February 8, 1960.
Robert Donat's Nominations
- He was nominated for Academy Award for Best Actor for work The Citadel in 1938
- He was nominated for Academy Award for Best Actor
- He was nominated for Golden Globe Award for Best Actor – Motion Picture Drama for work The Inn of the Sixth Happiness in 1958
What Robert Donat has done for a first time
- His first wife Ella was remarried in 1956, becoming Ella Hall. She passed away in West Sussex in the summer of 1994, aged 91.
Robert Donat's quotes
- I never had any real security in my life until I found the false security of stardom.
- The chief thing in my mind was that I must appear dashing. I distinctly remember in The Count of Monte Cristo (1934) pulling my shoulders back and trying to look handsome.
- [on his role in Goodbye, Mr. Chips (1939)] "As soon as I put the moustache on, I felt the part, even if I did look like a great airedale come out of a puddle."
Robert Donat's body shape
Lets describe how Robert Donat looks. We will focus on his body shape. Body build is average.