Penelope Wilton's biography
Penelope Alice Wilton is 76 years old television actor born at Scarborough. Penelope was born on Monday 3rd of June 1946. She is often nicknamed as Penelope Winton, Penelope Alice Wilton. According to year of birth 1946 Penelope belongs to Silent Generation. Birthday on 3rd of June means Penelope is Gemini. Gemini is a dual sign of Zodiac Belt. One born with this rising sign is very dual and creative in nature with lots of verbosity. They are the most expressive people as they love talking.Penelope was married 2 times.
Penelope is white british. Penelope is citizen of United Kingdom. Penelope´s primary profession is to be television actor. You can know Penelope also as film actor. Penelope is recently known as stage actor.
Penelope Wilton's family
Penelope Wilton's ex husbands
Penelope Wilton and Ian Holm have been together since 1991 for 10 years. He is known as film actor. Penelope´s ex husband was born on Saturday 12th of September 1931. Her ex husband died on Friday 19th of June 2020 in London. Ian Holm was 74 years old, when this happened.
Penelope Wilton and Daniel Massey have been together since 1975 for 9 years. He is known as stage actor. Penelope´s ex husband was born on Tuesday 10th of October 1933 in Westminster. Penelope´s ex husband died on Wednesday 25th of March 1998 in London. Daniel Massey was 52 years old, when this happened.
Penelope Wilton's schools
We found 1 school She attended. Name of the school: Drama Centre London.
Detailed informations about Penelope´s schools
Penelope studied high school - La Sagesse [convent school] in Newcastle upon Tyne.
Penelope studied university - [1965 -1968] - Drama Centre London in King's Cross, London.
Penelope Wilton's career
Her main focus is to be television actor. Penelope is famous thanks to Ann in Ever Decreasing Circles, Isobel Crawley in Downton Abbey.
Is Penelope Wilton gay ?
Penelope is known to be straight.
Awards and competitions
Penelope Wilton's Awards
- She was awarded the OBE (Officer of the Order of the British Empire) in the 2004 Queen's New Year Honours List for her services to drama.
- She was awarded the 1981 London Critics' Circle Theatre Award (Drama Theatre Award) for Best Actress of 1980 for her performances in Much Ado About Nothing and Man and Superman.
- She was awarded the 1993 London Critics Circle Theatre Award (Drama Theatre Award) for Best Actress for her performance in The Deep Blue Sea. Her former husband, Ian Holm, was awarded Best Actor for his performance in Moonlight at the same awards.
- She was nominated for a 2001 London Evening Standard Theatre Award for Best Actress for her performance in The Little Foxes at the Donmar Warehouse.
- Nominated for the 1981 Laurence Olivier Award - Actress of the Year in a Revival for "Man & Superman" at the National Theatre (Olivier).
- Nominated for the 1988 Laurence Olivier Award - Actress of the Year in a New Play for "The Secret Rapture" at the National Theatre (Lyttelton). She played the same character (Marion French) in the film adaptation of David Hare's play in 1993.
- Nominated for the 1994 Laurence Olivier Award - Best Actress in a Play for "The Deep Blue Sea" at the Almeida and the Apollo Theatres in the West End.
- Nominated for the 2007 London Evening Standard Theatre Awards as Best Actress for John Gabriel Borkman at the Donmar Warehouse.
- Nominated Best Actress at the 2008 Laurence Olivier Awards for "John Gabriel Borkman" at the Donmar Warehouse.
- Nominated Best Actress at the 2008 Royal Television Society Awards for Five Days, Celebration and Half Broken Things.
- Named Best Actress (along with her co-star, Margaret Tyzack) at the 2008 London Evening Standard Theatre Awards for "The Chalk Garden" at the Donmar Warehouse.
- Preparing for her role in The Chalk Garden at the Donmar Warehouse (June-August 2008) in the West End. Nominated for Best Actress at the 2009 Laurence Olivier Awards for her performance. [February 2008]
- She was awarded the Dame Commander of the Order of the British Empire in the 2016 Queen's Birthday Honours List for her services to Drama. She is an actress in London, England.
- Won the Laurence Olivier best actress award for Taken at Midnight on London's west end stage .
What else you don't know about Penelope Wilton ?
Penelope´s middle name is Alice.
Penelope Wilton's quotes
- I didn't come into the business till the late sixties but I've seen a lot of changes in the 35 years since. Mostly I mourn the demise of the repertory companies - that's a very sad thing from the point of view of the training of actors.
- See also Other Works |Â Publicity Listings |Â Official Sites
Penelope Wilton's height, body shape, eye color
Lets describe how Penelope Wilton looks. We will focus on her height, body shape, eye color and hair color. Penelope is tall as 5' 7" (170 cm). Body build is slim. Penelope´s eyes are tinted brown - dark. Penelope´s hair is shade of brown - dark.