Paul Winfield's biography
Paul Edward Winfield is 65 years old stage actor born at Los Angeles. He was born on Monday 22nd of May 1939. He is often nicknamed as Paul E. Winfield. According to year of birth 1939 he belongs to Silent Generation. Birthday on 22nd of May means Paul is Gemini. Gemini is a dual sign of Zodiac Belt. One born with this rising sign is very dual and creative in nature with lots of verbosity. They are the most expressive people as they love talking.
He is black american. Paul is citizen of United States of America. His primary profession is to be stage actor. You can know Paul also as film actor, television actor. He is recently known as voice actor.
Paul Winfield's schools
We found 5 schools Paul attended. Complete list of schools: University of Portland, Stanford University, University of California, Los Angeles, Los Angeles City College, Manual Arts High School.
Detailed informations about his schools
He studied high school - Manual Arts High School, Los Angeles, California, United States.
Paul Winfield's career
Paul´s main focus is to be stage actor. He is famous thanks to Nathan Lee Morgan in Sounder (1972), Jim In Huckleberry Finn (1974)..
Is Paul Winfield gay ?
He is known to be gay.
How did Paul Winfield die
Paul died on on Sunday 7th of March 2004 when he was 65 years old at Los Angeles. Paul Winfields death was caused by heart attack. It happend like natural causes.
Awards and competitions
Paul Winfield's Awards
- Won an Emmy Award in 1995 for his portrayal of Judge Harold Nance on the drama series Picket Fences (1992).
- Received the NAACP Image Award for Best Actor and inducted into the Black Filmmakers Hall of Fame.
Paul Winfield's Nominations
- He was nominated for Academy Award for Best Actor for work Sounder in 1972
What else you don't know about Paul Winfield ?
His middle name is Edward.
What Paul Winfield has done for a first time
- Was first impacted by the film Home of the Brave (1949), which starred African-American actor James Edwards in a leading role, not a typical supporting role as a servant.
Paul Winfield's quotes
- I was given a lot of prestige as a distinguished black actor but very little power. They give prestige out by the buckets, but they give power by the teaspoon, just enough to stroke your ego.
- Since I am not particularly pretty and I can't sing or dance, I started off in television with a lot of bit parts either as a black activist or some type of psychopathic heavy.
- [on Sounder (1972)] The love and devotion the Lee family expresses is what it is all about. This is the real black experience. In most black films, those cats don't show any humor or emotions. They just get in and out of bed.
- See also Other Works |Â Publicity Listings |Â Official Sites
Paul Winfield's height, body shape, eye color
Lets describe how Paul Winfield looks. We will focus on his height, body shape, eye color and hair color. He is tall as 6' 1½" (187 cm). Body build is large. His eyes are tinted brown - light. His hair is shade of black.