Oliver Reed's biography
Oliver Reed is 61 years old film actor born at Wimbledon. He was born on Sunday 13th of February 1938. He is often nicknamed as Mr EnglandOllie. According to year of birth 1938 he belongs to Silent Generation. Birthday on 13th of February means he is Aquarius. Aquarius is an Airy sign. They are smart thinkers, social, communicative, independent and intelligent people.He was married 2 times.
Oliver Reed's spouse
He is married to Josephine Burge
He is citizen of United Kingdom. His primary profession is to be film actor. He is recently known as television actor.
Oliver Reed's dad
Oliver Reed's father's name is Peter Reed.
Oliver Reed's mom
Oliver Reed's mother's name is [Beryl] Marcia Andrews.
Oliver Reed's family
Oliver Reed's spouse
Oliver Reed's ex spouses
Oliver Reed and Kate Byrne have been together.
Oliver Reed's schools
We found 1 school He attended. Name of the school: Ewell Castle School.
Oliver Reed's career
His main focus is to be film actor.
How did Oliver Reed die
He died on on Sunday 2nd of May 1999 when he was 61 years old at Valletta. Oliver Reeds death was caused by heart attack. It happend like natural causes.
Awards and competitions
Oliver Reed's Awards
- He appeared in two Best Picture Academy Award winners: Oliver! (1968) and Gladiator (2000).
What Oliver Reed has done for a first time
- His first job (at the age of 17) was as a bouncer at a Soho nightclub.
- His wrestling scene with Alan Bates in Women in Love (1969) was the first time full frontal male nudity had featured in a mainstream movie.
- At age 22, Reed was paid Â£90 per week for his first starring role in The Curse of the Werewolf (1961). But the film would not be seen in Spain for many years. It was banned because it was thought the film portrayed Spain as a backward nation.
- He starred in the first film to say "fuck", I'll Never Forget What's'isname (1967). He also starred in the first British film to be rated X just for the violent content, Sitting Target (1972).
- Had a tattoo on his penis. According to Patrick Warburton, Reed showed him the tattoo the first day they worked together.
- From his first marriage he had a son Mark born 1961 and a daughter Sarah born 1970.
Oliver Reed's quotes
- You meet a better class of people in pubs.
- I do not live in the world of sobriety.
- My only regret is that I didn't drink every pub dry and sleep with every woman on the planet.
- There is, of course, a world of difference between cricket and the movie business . . . I suppose doing a love scene with Raquel Welch roughly corresponds to scoring a century before lunch.
- I also use women as a sex object; maybe I'm kinky. However, I like to talk to them as well.
- I like the effect drink has on me. What's the point of staying sober?
- I'm the biggest star this country has got, destroy me and you destroy the whole British film industry.
- Life shouldn't be about sitting around staring at frosted glass. Life should be lived and that's all there is to it.
- Nicholson [Jack Nicholson]? As far as I'm concerned, he's a balding midget. He stands five-foot-seven, you know. He tries to play heavies and doesn't quite make it.
- I'm not a villain. I've never hurt anyone. I'm just a tawdry character who explodes now and again.
- I like to give my inhibitions a bath now and then.
- I do think a carpenter needs a good hammer to bang on the wall.
- I have made many serious statements -- I just can't remember any of them. I guess they mustn't have been very important.
- I have two ambitions in life: one is to drink every pub dry, the other is to sleep with every woman on earth.
- Once a pirate, always a pirate. I'm a buccaneer - a bucco - through and through. I'm the same old Ollie I was years ago. Ollie Reed doesn't change.
- I was disappointed in Sonja Henie. Her legs were muscle-bound and unattractive and didn't give me the urge to give her one.
- At one point I would have liked the role of Heathcliff in Wuthering Heights (1970). Then I saw it done by Laurence Olivier on television and he was so good that I decided to forget about it.
- I think that the most important achievement of my career was getting paid for something that I really wanted to do.
- [on his role as Father Grandier in The Devils (1971)] It was certainly the most difficult and the most strenuous part I have ever played. And I think, quite important.
- [on directors Michael Winner and Ken Russell] Winner gave me my bread and Russell gave me my art.
- One day I should like to live in Ireland. I love the Irish, the more I see of other races the more I believe the Irish are the only real people left, and apart from that they have space and clear air in which to wander and think and to feel free.
- [on claims he only got into movies because of his uncle] I am not a product of nepotism.
- Rita Tushingham was not the most fantastically classical beautiful woman that England has ever produced, but she is, and I mean this, fantastic. She's got the pair of eyes that I would like to go swimming in.
Oliver Reed's body shape
Lets describe how Oliver Reed looks. We will focus on his body shape. Body build is average.