Nick Nolte's biography
Nick Nolte is 81 years old film actor born at Omaha. He was born on Saturday 8th of February 1941. According to year of birth 1941 he belongs to Silent Generation. Birthday on 8th of February means he is Aquarius. Aquarius is an Airy sign. They are smart thinkers, social, communicative, independent and intelligent people.He was married 4 times.
Nick Nolte's spouse
He is married to Clytie Lane
He is native english speaker. He is citizen of United States of America. His primary profession is to be film actor. You can know him also as film producer, model, television actor, voice actor, basketball player. He is recently known as stage actor. He received Golden Globe Award for Best Actor – Motion Picture Drama The Prince of Tides in 1992
Nick Nolte's dad
Nick Nolte's father's name is Franklin Arthur Nolte.
Nick Nolte's mom
Nick Nolte's mother's name is Helen Nolte.
Nick Nolte's family
Nick Nolte's spouse
Nick Nolte's ex spouses
Nick Nolte and Sheila Page have been together since 1966 for 4 years.
Nick Nolte and Sharyn Haddad have been together since 1978 for 5 years.
Nick Nolte and Rebecca Linger have been together since 1984 for 10 years.
He has 1 son.
Nick Nolte's son: Brawley Nolte
Nick Nolte's son's name is Brawley Nolte. He is known as actor. His son was born on Friday 20th of June 1986 in Los Angeles.
Nick Nolte's schools
We found 7 schools He attended. Complete list of schools: Westside High School, Omaha Benson High School Magnet, Pasadena City College, Arizona State University, Eastern Arizona College, Phoenix College, Stella Adler Studio of Acting.
Detailed informations about his schools
- Graduated from Omaha Westside High School of Omaha Nebraska in 1959.
- Attended Kingsley Elementary School in Waterloo, Iowa
- While residing in Omaha, Nebraska, he attended Omaha Benson High School and then transferred to Omaha Westside High School.
- Attended four colleges but did not graduate from any of them. Eastern Arizona College. University of Nebraska - Omaha. Pasadena City College. Phoenix College.
Nick Nolte's career
His main focus is to be film actor. He is famous thanks to Rich Man, Poor Man. You could see him also in The Prince of Tides.
Awards and competitions
Nick Nolte's Awards
- The longest he has gone without an Academy Award nomination is 13 years, between Affliction (1997) and Warrior (2011).
- He was awarded a Star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame at 6433 Hollywood Boulevard in Hollywood, California on November 20, 2017.
Nick Nolte's Rankings
- Ranked #1 of VH1's "40 Most Shocking Celebrity Mugshots" - had a Hawaiian shirt and a bed-head.
Nick Nolte's Nominations
- He was nominated for Academy Award for Best Supporting Actor for work Warrior in 2011
- He was nominated for Academy Award for Best Actor for work The Prince of Tides in 1992
- He was nominated for Academy Award for Best Actor for work Affliction in 1999
What Nick Nolte has done for a first time
- He was considered for the role of John Rambo in First Blood (1982), which went to Sylvester Stallone.
- Became a father for the first time at age 45 when his third wife Rebecca Linger gave birth to their son Brawley Nolte on June 20, 1986.
- First acting teacher was character actor Bryan O'Byrne.
- His first stage appearance was at the Phoenix Little Theatre where he appeared in "The Hasty Heart" by playwright John Patrick.
- In 1966, he was cast in the role of Helen Keller's brother in the Phoenix Little Theatre production of "The Miracle Worker" opposite Sheila Page (as Annie Sullivan) who became his first wife where they had an open marriage.
Nick Nolte's quotes
- [at the 2000 Cannes Film Festival, on the "obscene" amounts being paid to actors] It's sick. I want nothing to do with it.
- Early on, I decided that I was going to lie to the press. The best approach to talking about my personal life was to lie.
- I've made a lot of mistakes and I don't regret any of them. Sometimes, that's the only way you learn.
- You convince yourself you can fix the screenplay, because there's a lot of money involved. But you can never make it work. If the script has a hole in it, it will always have that hole.
- I didn't stay in a popular vein. I never really got stamped like that. I worked very hard to keep changing my image.
- If you feel you have a film that's valid, you stick your ass on the line.
- I never felt comfortable in real life very well. It's always been an awkward kind of thing for me and so when I hit the stage I just sensed freedom. I sensed here's a place that I can have all the experiences of life and not feel uncomfortable about it.
- [on Katharine Hepburn] She is a legend. But once you get past that, she's just a kind of cranky old broad who's a lot of fun.
Nick Nolte's body shape
Lets describe how Nick Nolte looks. We will focus on his body shape. Body build is average.