Helena Christensen's biography
Helena Christensen is 54 years old model born at Copenhagen. She was born on Wednesday 25th of December 1968. According to year of birth 1968 she belongs to Generation X. Birthday on 25th of December means she is Capricorn. These people are stable in nature. As the sign lord is “Saturn”, the person will be judgemental in his approach.
She is citizen of Denmark. Her primary profession is to be model. You can know her also as photographer, beauty pageant contestant. She is recently known as fashion photographer.
Helena Christensen's family
She has 1 son.
Helena Christensen's son: Mingus Reedus
Helena Christensen's son's name is Mingus Reedus. He is known as model.
Helena Christensen's career
Her main focus is to be model.
Helena Christensen's partners
Helena Christensen and Norman Reedus have been together since 1998 for 5 years. He is known as actor. Her partner was born on Monday 6th of January 1969 in New York City.
Helena Christensen and Michael Hutchence have been together since 1991 for 4 years. He is known as singer. Her partner was born on Friday 22nd of January 1960 in Sydney. Her partner died on Saturday 22nd of November 1997 in Double Bay. Michael Hutchence was 29 years old, when this happened.
Helena Christensen and Paul Banks have been together. He is known as singer. Her partner was born on Wednesday 3rd of May 1978 in Clacton-on-Sea.
Awards and competitions
Helena Christensen's Rankings
- Was ranked #12 in Channel 5's "World's greatest supermodel".
What Helena Christensen has done for a first time
- Got her first modelling job at age 9.
- Is good friends with Gwyneth Paltrow. Helena was one of the first people to visit Gwyneth in hospital after she gave birth to her son Moses.
Helena Christensen's quotes
- Speaking in grand understatment about her famous catwalk figure; "I have a bit here and a bit there. Or as we say in Denmark, something to the courtyard and something to the street.""
- In modelling, there is no point in trying to prove you have a brain, so why even bother? I'd sooner save the energy for something more meaningful.
- I want to live to be 120. That's when I will start worrying about my age.
- Denmark is like a secret little place with its own special language.
- A beautiful person is someone who stays true to themselves and their spirit; someone who is self-confident and can make you smile.
- If I have an hour in a city, I go to vintage stores first because it's so much cooler to find a piece that is unique. I love the thought of some girl having worn it before and living her life in it.
- I am a serious food lover and Peruvian cuisine is one of the best in the world.
- I always loved the style of Jean Seberg, Jane Birkin and Marilyn Monroe.
- Harbour Island in the Bahamas is a wonderful little island with beautiful beaches, a great restaurant culture and friendly, welcoming atmosphere.
- From the minute I wake up until I go to bed I think about food.
- Cheese is one of my great weaknesses, I could eat the stuff by the pound.
- I had never done any serious acting before, but I decided that it was a chance that I should take.
- I find it utterly bizarre that total strangers write about your life in a completely fictional manner.
- I felt like I was in the best photography school in the world - I had Herb Ritts, Bruce Weber, Richard Avedon and Irving Penn teach me.
- I don't look at fashion the way other people do.
- I believe food is the most brilliant invention ever.
- Like any woman, I worry about my body.
- It's really intimidating to go on the beach in a bikini.
- It's incredible to have been part of fashion history - my whole career has been one big highlight.
- I've taken my knickers off. My friends told me my panty line was visible, so I went without.
- I'm a fun person. I like cracking jokes and being completely nerdy.
- I would love to photograph Stephen Hawking. I am just fascinated by science, I really am.
- I wasn't worried about turning 40 at all.
- I love playing around with vintage fabrics and lace.
- I like people who dress quirkly and differently. Like in womenswear, thank god for Helena Bonham Carter!
- There have been times when I've bought a whole pound of cheese and walked down the street and eaten it in one go.
- There will always be a desire for something new, fresh and innovative, as well as a yearning and respect for timeless elegance and beauty.
- The more people explore the world, the more they realize in every country there's a different aesthetic. Beauty really is in the eye of the beholder.
- Modelling is a silly, crazy business.
- So many times I've wanted to crack up, standing there stiff while seven women are crawling round my toes fixing hems and the designer's having a freak-out because the denim cuffs are crooked. I'm on the verge of hysteria.
- Kate is going to come back, she is going to be super-strong again. Everybody is going to want her again because she is that kind of person. She is very professional and beautiful and she is going to be around forever.
- I was once stranded on a broken-down boat in shark-infested waters in the middle of the Indian Ocean for five days before we were rescued while doing a 'Vogue' shoot.
- I still love taking pictures with Polaroid film. For me, it offers the most beautiful way of capturing reality and transferring it onto a flat piece of paper.
- I am very much aware of the visual side of things. I do a lot of photography. I often take Polaroids of things that strike me as visually interesting, just to remember them and perhaps use later.
- Women can explore so much in dressing. But if I was a guy I would wear vintage suits constantly. With crazy ties!
- When you are modelling, you are creating a picture, a still life, perhaps something like a silent film. You convey emotion but you are only using your body.
- When on the set of a film, you have to play natural for entire scenes in a very unnatural environment. You have to express emotions and interact with other actors and also use your voice.
- This was all very new to me and I did not want to ruin his film! So we worked hard on that basis of confidence that is needed to collaborate comfortably.
- There are particular images that I like. Allegro is composed of a series of still life photographs that has been put to speed. There is so much care that has gone into the composition of the cinematography.
- Some designers retain a sense of humour about what they do, but others are deathly serious and have no life outside of it; they're lying awake night after night constructing dresses in their heads.
- Let's continue to elevate and support each other, all you beautiful, smart, fun, sexy, hard working, talented, nurturing women out there.
- See also Other Works |Â Publicity Listings |Â Official Sites
Helena Christensen's body shape
Lets describe how Helena Christensen looks. We will focus on her body shape. Body build is average.