Chrissie Hynde's biography
Chrissie Hynde is 71 years old guitarist born at Akron. She was born on Friday 7th of September 1951. According to year of birth 1951 she belongs to Boomers. Birthday on 7th of September means she is Virgo. Virgo is an earthy sign of Zodiac Belt. People born under this Rising Sign are practical in nature. They believe in reality and represents themselves as a strong person.She was married 2 times.
She is native english speaker. She is citizen of United States of America. She is an adherent of vaishnavism. Her primary profession is to be guitarist. You can know her also as singer, restaurateur, singer-songwriter, composer, television actor. She is recently known as autobiographer.
Chrissie Hynde's family
Chrissie Hynde's ex spouses
Chrissie Hynde and Jim Kerr have been together since 1984 for 6 years. He is known as singer-songwriter. Her ex spouse was born on Thursday 9th of July 1959 in Glasgow.
Chrissie Hynde and Lucho Brieva have been together since 1997 for 5 years.
Chrissie Hynde's schools
We found 2 schools She attended. Complete list of schools: Kent State University, Firestone High School.
Detailed informations about her schools
- Attended Kent State University but dropped out to play in the band "Jack Rabbit" before moving to London where she formed The Pretenders in 1978.
Chrissie Hynde's career
Her main focus is to be guitarist and composing. She is also a member of People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals. Maybe you are curious what instrument does she play ? She plays guitar.
Chrissie Hynde's partner
Chrissie Hynde and Ray Davies have been together since 1980 for 4 years. He is known as guitarist. Her partner was born on Wednesday 21st of June 1944 in Fortis Green.
Awards and competitions
Chrissie Hynde's Rankings
- Ranked #7 on VH1's 100 Greatest Women of Rock N Roll
- Ranked #89 on VH1's 100 Sexiest Artists.
Chrissie Hynde's quotes
- Look, as long as we can make records and sell enough so we can do some shows, that's all I want. You know what? I just want to play guitar and be in a band. Same as I always did.
- I don't know any guitar player, any of the real greats, who don't rate Joni Mitchell up there with the best of them.
- When I hear myself singing, I hear Iggy Pop and Jimi Hendrix. There's a conversational thing going on. I suppose it depends on which The Pretenders song you're listening to.
- Every time people in bands start to think guitar music's over, it seems to come back. In my estimation there's nothing better than playing guitar and I think most guitar players would agree.
- In popular music, rock music, there's not as much melody. I mean The Beatles were very melodic but a lot of it's very linear, so you get one line repeated over and over.
- I don't know what to say about a lot of modern pop music or what's called R&B because it relies a lot on a visual sense that I don't relate to.
- See also Other Works |Â Publicity Listings |Â Official Sites
Chrissie Hynde's body shape
Lets describe how Chrissie Hynde looks. We will focus on her body shape. Body build is average.
Latest news about Chrissie Hynde
For the latest news - you can follow Chrissie Hynde on social networks.