Bobby Troup's biography
Bobby Troup is 81 years old singer-songwriter born at Harrisburg. He was born on Friday 18th of October 1918. According to year of birth 1918 he belongs to Greatest Generation. Birthday on 18th of October means he is Libra. Libra sign depicts that it is all about “Balance”. It seems that their life is very balanced, however, things are way opposite as they always face unstable situations in order to balance it further.He was married 2 times.
He is native english speaker. He is citizen of United States of America. His primary profession is to be singer-songwriter. You can know him also as jazz pianist, actor, songwriter, military officer. He is recently known as television actor.
Bobby Troup's family
Bobby Troup's ex spouses
Bobby Troup and Julie London have been together since 1959 for 40 years. She is known as actor. His ex spouse was born on Sunday 26th of September 1926 in Santa Rosa. His ex spouse died on Wednesday 18th of October 2000 in Encino. Julie London was 82 years old, when this happened.
Bobby Troup and Cynthia Hare have been together since 1942 for 13 years.
He has 3 daughters.
Bobby Troup's daughter: Kelly Troup
Bobby Troup's daughter's name is Kelly Troup. His daughter died in 2002. Kelly Troup was 84 years old, when this happened.
Bobby Troup's daughter: Cynnie Troup
Bobby Troup's daughter's name is Cynnie Troup. His daughter was born on Friday 9th of July 1943.
Bobby Troup's daughter: Ronne Troup
Bobby Troup's daughter's name is Ronne Troup. She is known as actor. His daughter was born on Sunday 10th of June 1945 in Bryn Mawr.
Bobby Troup's schools
We found 1 school He attended. Name of the school: The Hill School.
Bobby Troup's career
His main focus is to be singer-songwriter. He is famous thanks to Get Your Kicks on "Route 66!". He is also a member of Phi Beta Kappa Society. Maybe you are curious what instrument does he play ? He plays piano.
How did Bobby Troup die
He died on on Sunday 7th of February 1999 when he was 81 years old at Los Angeles. Bobby Troups death was caused by heart attack.
What Bobby Troup has done for a first time
- Wrote the song "Route 66", a hit for Nat 'King' Cole in 1946. Chuck Berry covered it as did The Rolling Stones on their first album and many others since.
Bobby Troup's quotes
- The best way to relax is not to relax. You must keep your body and mind active. This is the best way I know to stay free from hangups.
- Sit on your duff and you'll become a mental and physical puff.
- [talking about his twin boys playing the piano]: I'd be delighted if the boys decided to take up music as a profession. It's done wonders for Julie [wife Julie London] and me.
- [in 1975] I am totally disenchanted with stage music, and I resent the lack of musicianship among today's kids. I just can't relate to them. I have always enjoyed performing and composing, but I can't delude myself. My era is past.
- [in 1976] Well, somebody back there has been calling me about working in Michael's Pub.
- [on why he never said he never worked on club dates prior to co-starring opposite Julie London, his real-life wife on Emergency! (1972)] It's mainly because there are no clubs available here in Los Angeles for groups like mine, for my kind of music.
- [about writing the song "Route 66"] I wrote half the song riding along in the car.
- [asked if he thought musical tastes in America might someday go back to simpler days when melody, not the beat, predominated] I don't know, I guess I'm pessimistic. But I'd love to be proven wrong.
- See also Other Works |Â Publicity Listings |Â Official Sites
Bobby Troup's body shape
Lets describe how Bobby Troup looks. We will focus on his body shape. Body build is average.