Betty White's biography
Betty Marion White is 99 years old comedian born at Oak Park. She was born on Tuesday 17th of January 1922. Betty is often nicknamed as Betty White Ludden, Betty Marion White Ludden, Betty White, Betty Marion White, Grand Dame of Television, Queen of Television, Queen of T.V.. According to year of birth 1922 Betty belongs to Greatest Generation. Birthday on 17th of January means she is Capricorn. These people are stable in nature. As the sign lord is “Saturn”, the person will be judgemental in his approach.Betty was married 2 times.
She is native american english speaker. Betty is white american. She is citizen of United States of America. Betty is christian. Betty´s primary profession is to be comedian. You can know her also as television personality, singer, author, television producer, voice actor, model, television presenter, film actor, stage actor. Betty is recently known as game show host.
Betty White's family
Betty White's ex husbands
Betty White and Allen Ludden have been together since 1963 for 18 years. He is known as actor. Betty´s ex husband was born on Friday 5th of October 1917 in Mineral Point. Betty´s ex husband died on Tuesday 9th of June 1981 in Los Angeles. Allen Ludden was 59 years old, when this happened.
Betty White and Lane Allan have been together since 1947 for 2 years. Her ex husband was born in 1914 in Toronto. Her ex husband died in 1995. Lane Allan was 73 years old, when this happened.
Betty White's schools
We found 1 school She attended. Name of the school: Beverly Hills High School.
Detailed informations about Betty´s schools
- Attended and graduated from Beverly Hills High School in Beverly Hills, California at age 17 (Winter Class of 1939). Her name is listed as Betty Marion White. Her picture is on page 31 of the Watchtower, the school's yearbook.
- Attended and graduated from Horace Mann Grammar School in Beverly Hills, California.
Betty White's career
Her main focus is to be comedian. She is famous thanks to her roles as Sue Ann Nivens on the CBS sitcom The Mary Tyler Moore Show (1973–1977), Rose Nylund on the NBC sitcom The Golden Girls (1985–1992), and Elka Ostrovsky on the TV Land sitcom Hot in Cleveland (2010–2015). She is also a member of American Women's Voluntary Services.
Is Betty White gay ?
Betty is known to be straight.
How did Betty White die
Betty died on on Friday 31st of December 2021 when he was 99 years old at Brentwood. Betty Whites death was caused by stroke. It happend like natural causes.
Awards and competitions
Betty White's Awards
- Betty received award for Screen Actors Guild Award for Outstanding Performance by a Female Actor in a Comedy Series for work Hot in Cleveland in 2012
- She received award for Primetime Emmy Award for Outstanding Lead Actress in a Comedy Series for work The Golden Girls in 1986
- She received award for Primetime Emmy Award for Outstanding Supporting Actress in a Comedy Series for work The Mary Tyler Moore Show in 19 May 1975
- She received award for Primetime Emmy Award for Outstanding Supporting Actress in a Comedy Series for work The Mary Tyler Moore Show in 17 May 1976
- She received award for Primetime Emmy Award for Outstanding Guest Actress in a Comedy Series for work The John Larroquette Show in 7 September 1996
- Betty received award for Primetime Emmy Award for Outstanding Guest Actress in a Comedy Series for work Saturday Night Live in 21 August 2010
- She received award for Golden Globe Award for Best Actress – Television Series Musical or Comedy for work The Golden Girls in 24 January 1986
- Betty received award for Golden Globe Award for Best Actress – Television Series Musical or Comedy for work The Golden Girls in 31 January 1987
- Betty received award for Golden Globe Award for Best Actress – Television Series Musical or Comedy for work The Golden Girls in 23 January 1988
- Betty received award for Golden Globe Award for Best Actress – Television Series Musical or Comedy for work The Golden Girls in 28 January 1989
What else you don't know about Betty White ?
Her middle name is Marion.
What Betty White has done for a first time
- Stepmother of David Ludden, Martha Ludden and Sarah Ludden (Allen Ludden's children from his first marriage to Margaret McGloin).
- The first two plays she auditioned for she landed the lead; Philip Barry's "Spring Dance" which ran eight performances and the wartime romantic comedy "Dear Ruth".
Betty White's quotes
- [on Bea Arthur] Bea was not that fond of me. I don't know what I ever did but she was not that thrilled with me. But I loved Bea and I admired her.
- It's your outlook on life that counts. If you take yourself lightly and don't take yourself too seriously, pretty soon you can find the humor in our everyday lives. And sometimes it can be a lifesaver.
- I think a lot of people like hidden-camera shows where they think they're spying on somebody who doesn't know they're looking at them. And nobody takes it seriously - you either enjoy it and get a laugh out of the reactions or not.
- I think older women still have a full life.
- Animal lover that I am, a cougar I am not.
- I didn't know what Facebook was, and now that I do know what it is, I have to say, it sounds like a huge waste of time.
- Anger tears me up inside... My own... or anyone else's.
- You can always tell about somebody by the way they put their hands on an animal.
- Why retire from something if you're loving it so much and enjoying it so much, and you're blessed with another group of people to work with like the gang on 'Hot in Cleveland?' Why would I think of retiring? What would I do with myself?
- Animals don't lie. Animals don't criticize. If animals have moody days, they handle them better than humans do.
- The bottom line is, I'm blessed with good health. On top of that, I don't go around thinking 'Oh, I'm 90, I better do this or I better do that.' I'm just Betty. I'm the same Betty that I've always been. Take it or leave it.
- I don't know where I learned elephants like their tongues slapped. Whatever turns you on.
- I may be a senior, but so what? I'm still hot.
- During the Depression, my dad made radios to sell to make extra money. Nobody had any money to buy the radios, so he would trade them for dogs. He built kennels in the backyard, and he cared for the dogs.
- I'm a big cockeyed optimist. I try to accentuate the positive as opposed to the negative.
- I just make it my business to get along with people so I can have fun. It's that simple.
- When I pontificate, it sounds so, you know, Oh, well, she's preaching. I'm not preaching, but I think maybe I learned it from my animal friends. Kindness and consideration of somebody besides yourself. I think that keeps you feeling young. I really do.
- Animals are near and dear to my heart, and I've devoted my life to trying to improve their lives.
- Doing drama is, in a sense, easier. In doing comedy, if you don't get that laugh, there's something wrong.
- Hot dogs and Red Vines and potato chips and French fries are my favorite foods.
- Wilderness is harder and harder to find these days on this beautiful planet, and we're abusing our planet to the point of almost no return.
- A good friend of mine was Lucy Ball. Her mother and my mother were best friends.
- I have a two-story house and a bad memory, so I'm up and down those stairs all the time. That's my exercise.
- Wendie Malick and Valerie Bertinelli make fun of me, but I take care of my health - I don't abuse it.
- Retirement is not in my vocabulary. They aren't going to get rid of me that way.
- I don't seem to require a lot of sleep. I just - if I get four, five good hours, I'm fine. But sleeping is sort of dull. There's a lot of other good stuff that you can do without just lying down and closing your eyes.
- A lady likes to be complimented on her looks, her eyes, her figure. But the personality comments are much appreciated.
- I enjoy being busy, I really do. Remember, I'm the stub end of the railroad. I have no family, so I'm not taking busy time away from people that I should be spending it with. So I'm just relaxing and enjoying it.
- I think it's your mental attitude. So many of us start dreading age in high school and that's a waste of a lovely life. 'Oh... I'm 30, oh, I'm 40, oh, 50.' Make the most of it.
- I go out to the kitchen to feed the dog, but that's about as much cooking as I do.
- I've enjoyed the opposite sex a lot. Always have. Always will.
- I really don't care with whom you sleep. I just care what kind of a decent human being you are.
- The writers are the stars of every really successful sitcom.
- I like bawdy humor. I love bawdy humor, but not dirty humor.
- I kid around a lot, but pranks are not my best strength!
- It's fun once in a while to do a serious part but I really enjoy doing comedy because I love to laugh.
- I have my golden retriever now, Pontiac. He's a career-change guide dog from Guide Dogs for the Blind.
- Take personal responsibility. A lot of people go, 'Well, I'll get a dog because I have a kid and a kid needs a dog.' And it doesn't work out for that dog and the dog is on the street.
- I'm in the acting business. That's the ego business.
- I cannot stand the people who get wonderful starts in show business and who abuse it. Lindsay Lohan and Charlie Sheen, for example, although there are plenty of others, too. They are the most blessed people in the world, and they don't appreciate it.
- Of course, nobody's tearing my door down. If you're successful you're going to intimidate and scare off the people you'd like to spend time with. They're not going to approach you. And the ones who do are often there because you are a celebrity.
- It's been phenomenal, but everybody keeps congratulating me on my resurgence and my big comeback. I haven't been away, guys. I've been working steadily for the last 63 years.
- I was an only child and I had a mother and father who were just - there wasn't a straight man in the house, and I mean that in a very nice way. They were fun, and we would laugh a lot.
- I think that a show that is as successful as The Golden Girls (1985) is a once-in-a-lifetime thing. If you don't feel proud to be part of a show that has that kind of track record, then shame on you, because that's a privilege.
- I don't get political.
- I have the backbone of an eel.
- I like double entendre because then the people who get it enjoy it, and the people who don't get it don't know about it.
- I'm not what you might call sexy, but I'm romantic. Let's put it that way.
- I stayed in show business to pay for my animal business.
- I love Cadillacs and name them after birds.
- I was one of the first women producers in Hollywood.
- I'm the luckiest broad on two feet, I'll tell you that. They say once a woman passes 40 she doesn't get any good parts, so I'm blessed.
- I'm in the middle of my sixth book, which is about animals at the Los Angeles Zoo.
- I am the luckiest old broad on two feet if the truth were known. It's - but it all goes back to Mary Tyler Moore, The Golden Girls (1985) all those - actors love to take the credit. We couldn't do it without the writers.
- If you get into a Broadway show and it doesn't work, you're a failure. And if it does work, you may be stuck for who knows how long. It just doesn't sound great to me!
- I just want to bring as much natural as I can. I'm not saying that people who take acting lessons are false. They're much better than I am, but it doesn't work for me.
- When we started in television, there was that magic box in the corner of the room, and 'Oh my gosh - look what it's doing!'
- Well, I mean, if a joke or humor is bawdy, it's got to be funny enough to warrant it. You can't just have it bawdy or dirty just for the sake of being that - it's got to be funny.
- When I realized I could use Facebook as a way to communicate directly with my fans, I thought it would be a great idea.
- The Mary Tyler Moore Show (1970) was - it was my first big hit.
- I'm having the time of my life and the fact that I'm still working - how lucky can you get? I'm 90 years old and still able to work as much as I do. That's a privilege.
- I've worked with Morris Animal Foundation for more than 40 years now, and I'm so proud of all they've done to advance veterinary medicine for animals worldwide.
- [on Bones (2005)] I had seen the show, of course and heard it was one of the happiest sets in town. That's a great reputation to have and is well deserved.
- See also Other Works |Â Publicity Listings |Â Official Sites
Betty White's height, weight, body shape, eye color, hair color
Lets describe how Betty White looks. We will focus on Betty´s height, weight, body shape, eye color, hair color and shoe size. She is tall as 5' 4" (163 cm). Betty weights 128lbs (58 kg). Body build is slim. Betty´s eyes are tinted blue. Betty´s hair is shade of grey. If you are really curious, you may find interesting her shoe size is 6.
Latest news about Betty White
For the latest news - you can follow Betty White on social networks.