Audrey Meadows's biography
Audrey Meadows Cotter is 74 years old actor born at New York City. She was born on Wednesday 8th of February 1922. Audrey is often nicknamed as `Aud`, Audrey Meadows Cotter, Audrey Cotter, Sara. According to year of birth 1922 she belongs to Greatest Generation. Birthday on 8th of February means Audrey is Aquarius. Aquarius is an Airy sign. They are smart thinkers, social, communicative, independent and intelligent people.
She is native american english speaker. Audrey is white american. She is citizen of United States of America. Audrey is anglican / episcopalian. Her primary profession is to be actor. You can know her also as film actor, television actor, banker. Audrey is recently known as stage actor. She received Primetime Emmy Award for Outstanding Supporting Actress in a Comedy Series The Jackie Gleason Show in 1955
Audrey Meadows's mom
Audrey Meadows's mother's name is Ida Miller Cotter.
Audrey Meadows's family
Audrey Meadows's ex husband
Audrey Meadows and Robert Six have been together since 1961 for 25 years.
Detailed informations about her schools
She studied high school - Barrington School for Girls in Great Barrington, Massachusetts..
Audrey Meadows's career
Her main focus is to be actor. She is famous thanks to Alice Kramden on The Honeymooners. You could see her also in The Jackie Gleason Show.
Is Audrey Meadows gay ?
Audrey is known to be straight.
How did Audrey Meadows die
Audrey died on on Saturday 3rd of February 1996 when he was 74 years old at Beverly Hills. Audrey Meadowss death was caused by lung cancer. It happend like natural causes.
Awards and competitions
Audrey Meadows's Awards
- She received award for Primetime Emmy Award for Outstanding Supporting Actress in a Comedy Series for work The Jackie Gleason Show in 1955
What Audrey Meadows has done for a first time
- Became the first woman director of the First National Bank of Denver in post-acting years.
- She lived in China for the first five years of her life because her parents were missionaries there. Until her family moved back to the US, Audrey spoke nothing but Chinese. Her family was visiting New York City when she was born.
- She was the first The Simpsons (1989) guest star to have passed away. Ironically she played an old woman at an old folks home who died and came back as a ghost.
- In honor of her 100th birthday on February 8, 2022, her name was cited first and foremost in national "Born on This Day" mention columns.
- Although very busy in television for over forty years, she appeared in only four movie roles - and the first of those was an uncredited bit part.
Audrey Meadows's quotes
- You as you are better by far than the you that you are trying to be.
- I've always voted Republican because America is exactly that, a republic. You can't expect much leadership with a Democrat behind the desk; they're not even close to dual efficient.
- [on Jackie Gleason] He was divine to work with, an absolute genius. I've never been in a show that had the chemistry of everybody together like that. We were all very close.
- My father was an Episcopal minister, and for 14 years my family lived in China, in a city called Wuchang. We four children spoke Chinese before we spoke English. We left when the communists came, in the early 1930s. I was about 5 years old.
Audrey Meadows's height, body shape, eye color
Lets describe how Audrey Meadows looks. We will focus on her height, body shape, eye color and hair color. She is tall as 5' 6" (168 cm). Body build is average. Audrey´s eyes are tinted brown - dark. Her hair is shade of brown - light.