Susan Hampshire's biography
Susan Hampshire, Lady Kulukundis, OBE is 85 years old actor born at Kensington. She was born on Wednesday 12th of May 1937. According to year of birth 1937 Susan belongs to Silent Generation. Birthday on 12th of May means she is Taurus. Taurus is most stable sign of Zodiac, that is the reason it is also included in the earthy sign of the Zodiac Belt. One born with this Moon Sign (Not a Rising Sign) is very stable and balanced through their mind.Susan was married 2 times.
Susan Hampshire, Lady Kulukundis, OBE's spouse
She is married to Eddie Kulukundis
Susan is white british. She is citizen of United Kingdom. Susan´s primary profession is to be actor. You can know her also as stage actor. Susan is recently known as film actor.
Susan Hampshire's family
Susan Hampshire's husband
Susan Hampshire's ex husbands
Susan Hampshire and Pierre Granier-Deferre have been together since 1967 for 7 years. He is known as film director. Susan´s ex husband was born on Wednesday 27th of July 1927 in 9th arrondissement of Paris. Her ex husband died on Friday 16th of November 2007 in 16th arrondissement of Paris. Pierre Granier-Deferre was 70 years old, when this happened.
Detailed informations about Susan´s schools
She studied high school - Hampshire School, London.
Susan Hampshire's career
Her main focus is to be actor. She is famous thanks to Molly MacDonald in Monarch of the Glen, Emmy 1970 for The Forsyte Saga (miniseries), Emmy 1971 for The First Churchills (miniseries), Emmy 1973 for Vanity Fair (miniseries). You could see her also in The Forsyte Saga, The First Churchills, Vanity Fair and many more.
Is Susan Hampshire gay ?
She is known to be straight.
Awards and competitions
Susan Hampshire's Awards
- She was awarded the OBE (Officer of the Order of the British Empire) in the 1995 Queen's Birthday Honours List for her services to dyslexic people.
- She was awarded the CBE (Commander of the Order of the British Empire) in the 2018 Queen's New Years Honours List for her services to drama and charity. She is an Actress in London, England. She is also known as Lady Kulukundis.
- She was awarded an Honorary Doctor of Letters by London's City University for her example to fellow sufferers of Dyslexia,.
What Susan Hampshire has done for a first time
- Her first husband was as French film director.
Susan Hampshire's quotes
- 'Colour TV was incredible. You would turn it on just to look at a tree. It was so exciting to see it not in black and white.' - recalling the 1970s.
- I can't think it's satisfying for a woman to be a ballbreaker, and it must be dreadful for the man.
- I went to do a fete the other day and all the under tens called me Molly [from Monarch of the Glen (2000)]. And sometimes children call me 'Susan Hamster' which I love - it's so sweet isn't it? - 2004
- A common misperception of me is that I am privileged. If you speak with an accent like mine, people tend to think that you never had to work for living.
- I had a tiny lump taken out of my breast in my early 40s; it wasn't malignant, but it's always good to check - both my parents died comparatively young of cancer.
- In women the menopause tends to bring out irritability, whereas with men it's often expressed in the need to find another partner so they can still feel like Tarzan.
- I'm not computer literate. I don't want to know anything about emails. I can just about cope with a mobile phone.
- [on learning French in a week for Paris in August (1966)]: I think dyslexics have a natural aptitude for languages.
- [on growing up with Dyslexia]: Everyone was very kind to me. I was never teased because I couldn't read. Dyslexia drove me to tears, but they were tears of frustration, not because anyone tormented me.
- Funnily enough I never have trouble reading my own writing. All the books I have written have been in longhand on a yellow legal pad which is much easier for me to decipher than words on a white background.
- My scripts get damp, wet, curled up, because sometimes I learn them lying in the bath. Sometimes I might be sitting on the lid of the lavatory seat.
- See also Other Works |Â Publicity Listings |Â Official Sites
Susan Hampshire's height, weight, body shape, eye color
Lets describe how Susan Hampshire looks. We will focus on her height, weight, body shape, eye color and hair color. Susan is tall as 5' 6" (168 cm). She weights 134lbs (61 kg). Body build is average. Susan´s eyes are tinted brown - dark. Susan´s hair is shade of blonde.