Stephen Hillenburg's biography
Stephen Hillenburg is 57 years old film producer born at Fort Sill. He was born on Monday 21st of August 1961. He is often nicknamed as Steve. According to year of birth 1961 he belongs to Boomers. Birthday on 21st of August means he is Leo. As sign in itself indicates “Lion” or “King”, hence people born under Leo sign are considered to be leaders in every aspects of life. They are royal in nature.
He is native english speaker. He is citizen of United States of America. His primary profession is to be film producer. You can know him also as film director, screenwriter, animator, university teacher, actor, voice actor, painter, comics artist, biologist. He is recently known as television producer. He received British Academy Children's Awards SpongeBob SquarePants in 2007
Stephen Hillenburg's family
Stephen Hillenburg's ex spouse
Stephen Hillenburg and Karen Hillenburg have been together.
He has 1 son.
Stephen Hillenburg's son: Clay Hillenburg
Stephen Hillenburg's son's name is Clay Hillenburg. He is known as animator.
Stephen Hillenburg's schools
We found 3 schools He attended. Complete list of schools: California State Polytechnic University, Humboldt, California Institute of the Arts, Savanna High School.
Stephen Hillenburg's career
His main focus is to be film producer and marine biology.
How did Stephen Hillenburg die
He died on on Monday 26th of November 2018 when he was 57 years old at San Marino. Stephen Hillenburgs death was caused by als - lou gehrig's disease. It happend like natural causes.
Awards and competitions
Stephen Hillenburg's Awards
- He received award for British Academy Children's Awards for work SpongeBob SquarePants in 2007
- He received award for Winsor McCay Award for work SpongeBob SquarePants in 2018
- He received award for Daytime Emmy Award for work SpongeBob SquarePants in 2018
- He received award for Daytime Emmy Award for work SpongeBob SquarePants in 2010
Stephen Hillenburg's quotes
- [when asked why the octopus has six tentacles instead of eight:] "Technically I just thought he'd be a little too cumbersome as a character to have too many legs visible. Maybe that's why he's so angry!"
- When you set out to do a show about a sponge, you don't expect the kind of appeal that he's had. [Detroit News, August 8, 2002]
- Even the villainous Plankton, he's still flawed and you still root for him in a way, and the style of humor is simple and it's about human behavior, and everybody can identify with that.
- Working as a marine science educator, I had the chance to see how enamored kids are with undersea life, especially tide pool creatures. By combining this knowledge with my love for animation, I came up with SpongeBob SquarePants.
- See also Other Works |Â Publicity Listings |Â Official Sites
Stephen Hillenburg's body shape
Lets describe how Stephen Hillenburg looks. We will focus on his body shape. Body build is average.