Stephen Frears's biography
Stephen Frears is 81 years old actor born at Leicester. He was born on Friday 20th of June 1941. According to year of birth 1941 Stephen belongs to Silent Generation. Birthday on 20th of June means he is Gemini. Gemini is a dual sign of Zodiac Belt. One born with this rising sign is very dual and creative in nature with lots of verbosity. They are the most expressive people as they love talking.
Stephen is white british. Stephen is citizen of United Kingdom. Stephen´s primary profession is to be actor. You can know him also as film director, film producer, film actor. Stephen is recently known as television director.
Stephen Frears's family
Stephen Frears's wife
Stephen Frears's ex wife
Stephen Frears's schools
We found 2 schools Stephen attended. Complete list of schools: Trinity College, Gresham's School.
Detailed informations about Stephen´s schools
Stephen studied high school - Gresham's School from (1959).
Stephen studied university - Trinity College, Cambridge (1963).
Stephen Frears's career
His main focus is to be actor. Stephen is famous thanks to The Queen (2006).
Is Stephen Frears gay ?
Stephen is known to be straight.
Awards and competitions
Stephen Frears's Awards
- Won the The Empire Inspiration Award at the Sony Ericsson Empire Awards 2006
- Has directed three Emmy Award-winning performances: Ben Whishaw in A Very English Scandal (2018): Season 1, Rosamund Pike in State of the Union (2019): Season 1 and Chris O'Dowd in State of the Union (2019): Season 1.
Stephen Frears's Rankings
- Ranked #63 on the 2008 Telegraph's list "the 100 most powerful people in British culture".
Stephen Frears's Nominations
- He was nominated for Academy Award for Best Director
- Stephen was nominated for Academy Award for Best Director
- Stephen was nominated for European Film Award for Best Film for work Dirty Pretty Things in 2003
- He was nominated for European Film Award for Best Film for work The Queen in 2007
- He was nominated for European Film Award for Best Director for work The Queen in 2007
- Stephen was nominated for European Film Award – People's Choice Award for Best European Film for work The Queen in 2007
- Stephen was nominated for European Film Award – People's Choice Award for Best European Film for work Philomena in 2014
- Stephen was nominated for European Film Award – People's Choice Award for Best European Film for work Victoria and Abdul in 2018
Stephen Frears's quotes
- A friend asked me why I thought I'd been able to direct films for 30 years and I really didn't have an answer. It is a very difficult industry and grinds up talent unmercifully.
- There's one thing now that I experience every day when I'm making a film. I get up and think to myself, am I going to be able to do it today? I figure as long as I have that fear, I'll be alright.
- I like a lot of takes. I just go on until the actors get it right.
- Isn't that what Joan Collins' success is based on? People love bitches. The more dreadful they are, the more awful things they say, the more heavenly they are.
- I can't write, I don't think I'm even particularly good at telling a writer what's good or what's missing. So, actually having someone who can do that is a godsend.
- I like making films about different cultures. I'm interested in things that I've never encountered before. I try to put myself in the audience's position.
- The British Film Institute is under-funded. It needs money. It's as simple as that. It's our lives, our culture. The government does not prioritize this highly enough.
- The only way you can learn about making films is by making them, by putting your stamp on the thing.
- Film schools didn't exist when I was growing up. I learned by working with clever people. Good writers and cinematographers. And before them, [British directors] Karel [Karel Reisz] and Lindsay [Lindsay Anderson], who gave me a kind of foundation course.
- I should never have done Mary Reilly (1996). I knew that before I started. It was full of great design and photography, but it should have been a little BBC film.
- [2016 interview] I live in London. So, whether I like it or not, I am a member of the metropolitan elite. If I were anywhere else in the country, I'd hate me.
- [on Mary Reilly (1996)] That was terrible. I won't hear a word in its favour. It was painful to make and I try to put it out of my mind.
- [on Dangerous Liaisons (1988)] It's a sort of incredible film. When I watch it, I can't believe I directed it.
- See also Other Works |Â Publicity Listings |Â Official Sites
Stephen Frears's height, body shape
Lets describe how Stephen Frears looks. We will focus on Stephen´s height, body shape and hair color. Stephen is tall as 5' 7" (170 cm). Body build is average. Stephen´s hair is shade of salt and pepper.