Shirley Henderson's biography
Shirley Henderson is 57 years old stage actor born at Forres. She was born on Wednesday 24th of November 1965. According to year of birth 1965 she belongs to Boomers. Birthday on 24th of November means she is Sagittarius. Sagittarius is a Fiery sign of Zodiac Belt. These people are highly learned and love to gain knowledge throughout their life.
She is citizen of United Kingdom. Her primary profession is to be stage actor. She is recently known as film actor.
Shirley Henderson's schools
We found 1 school She attended. Name of the school: Guildhall School of Music and Drama.
Shirley Henderson's career
Her main focus is to be stage actor.
Awards and competitions
Shirley Henderson's Awards
- In 2004 she won a Best Scottish Actor nomination at the Glenfiddich Spirit of Scotland Awards.
- In 2005 she was awarded Best Actress in a Scottish Film by the BAFTA Awards Scotland for Frozen (2004).
- Laurence Olivier Award winner for Best Actress in a Musical as 'Elizabeth Lane' in the original West End production of 'Girl from the North Country' (2018).
What Shirley Henderson has done for a first time
- Being age 35 at the time that she first played Moaning Myrtle, she is the oldest actor to play a Hogwarts student in the Harry Potter films.
- She was 36 when she first played Moaning Myrtle (the ghost of 14-year-old Myrtle Warren), in "Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets" in 2002, and 39 when she reprised the role in 2005's "...Goblet of Fire".
Shirley Henderson's quotes
- There is such pressure on kids these days to be the best at everything.
- I don't know what I'd do if I had to look pretty all the time.
- I'm not going to get an Oscar at 30 - that's done. So I'll think of something else.
- I wasn't frightened of people, but I didn't have a clue about the adult world.
- I don't have children, but we all want to protect whatever we love in life.
- You suddenly find yourself somewhere and you wonder, how did I get in this room? That happens to me all the time, every day!
- Filming is long - you get very tired, and your skin breaks out and you get lumps and bumps. It's easier if you're allowed to have bags under your eyes.
- Children don't just play any more - they're far too busy learning to fence and taking extra French classes. In the end, you're actually doing more damage to your children by trying to hot-house them. It's far better to remain a calm parent.
- I'm always nervous taking on a period role because it's difficult to research - you can't observe it, go out and see it. But it's satisfying because eventually you think, 'I got there.'
- Youth makes you brave, I suppose. When you're young, you make a fool of yourself all the time. Because of all the rejections and the criticism you get all the time, there has to be a drive there.
- It's such a stress always trying to get bigger houses and larger cars and better schools. Of course, parents want to give their children the best opportunities in life, but sometimes that can stifle them.
- I never get the tall, blonde, glamorous roles because I'm not tall, blonde and glamorous. I'm more the wee, disturbing characters because of the way I look or sound.
- I daydream all the time, and I like that quality.
- When I'm doing theatre, I feel like my life's on hold. Even though you might go out for a coffee, or go and see a film, your brain is still there, pulling you back to it.
- I like doom and gloom with a sense of humour. Maybe it's a Scottish thing, we like to undercut indulgence with a laugh.
- American scripts are usually non-stop conversation. People talking over each other. I like that.
- See also Other Works |Â Publicity Listings |Â Official Sites
Shirley Henderson's body shape
Lets describe how Shirley Henderson looks. We will focus on her body shape. Body build is average.