Romy Schneider's biography
Romy Schneider is 44 years old film actor born at Vienna. She was born on Friday 23rd of September 1938. She is often nicknamed as Puppele. According to year of birth 1938 she belongs to Silent Generation. Birthday on 23rd of September means she is Virgo. Virgo is an earthy sign of Zodiac Belt. People born under this Rising Sign are practical in nature. They believe in reality and represents themselves as a strong person.She was married 2 times.
She is native german speaker. She is citizen of France. Her primary profession is to be film actor. She is recently known as stage actor. She received César Award for Best Actress That Most Important Thing: Love in 1976
Romy Schneider's dad
Romy Schneider's father's name is Wolf Albach-Retty. He is known as stage actor. Her father was born on Monday 28th of May 1906 in Vienna. Her father died on Tuesday 21st of February 1967 in Vienna. Wolf Albach-Retty was 29 years old, when this happened.
Romy Schneider's mom
Romy Schneider's mother's name is Magda Schneider. She is known as actor. Her mother was born on Monday 17th of May 1909 in Augsburg. Romy Schneider was born when she was 29 years old. Her mother died on Tuesday 30th of July 1996 in Berchtesgaden. Magda Schneider was 58 years old, when this happened.
Romy Schneider's family
Romy Schneider's ex spouses
Romy Schneider and Harry Meyen have been together since 1966 for 9 years. He is known as voice actor. Her ex spouse was born on Sunday 31st of August 1924 in Hamburg. Her ex spouse died on Saturday 14th of April 1979 in Hamburg. Harry Meyen was 41 years old, when this happened.
Romy Schneider and Daniel Biasini have been together since 1975 for 6 years. He is known as journalist. Her ex spouse was born in 1949 in Paris.
She has 1 son and 1 daughter
Romy Schneider's son: David Haubenstock
Romy Schneider's son's name is David Haubenstock. He is known as actor. Her son was born on Saturday 3rd of December 1966 in Berlin. Her son died on Sunday 5th of July 1981 in Saint-Germain-en-Laye. David Haubenstock was 43 years old, when this happened.
Romy Schneider's daughter: Sarah Biasini
Romy Schneider's daughter's name is Sarah Biasini. She is known as stage actor. Her daughter was born on Thursday 21st of July 1977 in Gassin.
Romy Schneider's schools
Detailed informations about her schools
- 1953: Graduated at the Goldstein boarding school near Salzburg, Austria.
Romy Schneider's career
Her main focus is to be film actor. You could see her also in That Most Important Thing: Love.
Romy Schneider's partners
Romy Schneider and Alain Delon have been together since 1959 for 4 years. He is known as actor. Her partner was born on Friday 8th of November 1935.
Romy Schneider and Laurent Pétin have been together. He is known as film producer. Her partner was born on Thursday 2nd of June 1949.
How did Romy Schneider die
She died on on Saturday 29th of May 1982 when he was 44 years old at 7th arrondissement of Paris. Romy Schneiders death was caused by cardiac arrest. It happend like natural causes.
Awards and competitions
Romy Schneider's Awards
- The Prix Romy Schneider, named after her, has been awarded to young actresses by the French movie business since 1984.
- Was featured on the official poster of the 36th CÃ©sar Awards in 2011.
Romy Schneider's Rankings
- 30 April 2005: Ranked #1 in a list by tabloid "Bild" searching the "50 most beautiful Germans ever".
- 24 November 2006: Ranked #3 in a survey by network ZDF searching Germany's all-time favorite actor, which made her the highest ranked woman.
Romy Schneider's Nominations
- She was nominated for César Award for Best Actress for work That Most Important Thing: Love in 1976
- She was nominated for César Award for Best Actress for work A Woman at Her Window in 1977
- She was nominated for César Award for Best Actress for work A Simple Story in 1979
- She was nominated for César Award for Best Actress for work Womanlight in 1980
- She was nominated for César Award for Best Actress for work The Passerby in 1983
- She was nominated for Golden Globe Award for Best Actress – Motion Picture Drama for work The Cardinal in 1963
What Romy Schneider has done for a first time
- Her first husband Harry Meyen, a stage director, committed suicide in Hamburg on 15 April 1979.
- After her first movie, Wolf Albach-Retty wrote his daughter: "Put your childhood in your pocket and run away because that's everything you have!".
Romy Schneider's quotes
- Sissi sticks to me just like oatmeal.
- Life must go on. My work gives me strength.
- [Alain Delon] Delon? Nothing is colder than a love that has passed away.
- Memories are the best things in life, I think.
- You must not quote to me what I once said. I am wiser now.
- I've worked with the biggest tyrants: [Otto Preminger] Preminger, [Orson Welles] Welles, [Luchino Visconti] Visconti. Despots - they have contempt for most actors. When they meet someone who stands up to them, everything's great.
- I am nothing in life, but everything on the screen.
- I cannot live without having a role to work.
- I wish to present myself in front of the camera, each time under the features of a different woman, I would like to live and apprehend the problems, the conflicts, the feelings and the impulses of women radically different from me.
- I am not afraid of nothing in the world. Except ego.
- I want to learn, I want to develop, I want to discover all that is in me.
- [In a letter to her friend Simone Signoret] I don't know anything about life, but everything about cinema.
- [1970 interview] The Things of Life (1970) is the best film I've done; there's The Trial (1962), there's Boccaccio '70 (1962) with Luchino Visconti, there's The Cardinal (1963) with Preminger - I've had the chance to work with some great directors.
- You can't always make The Things of Life (1970); you can't always make Max and the Junkmen (1971) - you make concessions.
- [accepting her Best Actress CÃ©sar for A Simple Story (1978)] Thank you. I'd like to share this CÃ©sar with my friend Claude Sautet and Jean-Loup Dabadie. We'll cut it into three!
- I have the feeling that I was born in Vienna in order to live in Paris. I want to be completely French in the way I live, love, sleep and dress.
- [on That Most Important Thing: Love (1975)] There's three quarters of this character completely separate from me and one quarter close to me.
- See also Other Works |Â Publicity Listings |Â Official Sites
Romy Schneider's body shape
Lets describe how Romy Schneider looks. We will focus on her body shape. Body build is average.