Richard Fleischer's biography
Richard Fleischer is 90 years old film director born at New York City. He was born on Friday 8th of December 1916. He is often nicknamed as Dick. According to year of birth 1916 Richard belongs to Greatest Generation. Birthday on 8th of December means he is Sagittarius. Sagittarius is a Fiery sign of Zodiac Belt. These people are highly learned and love to gain knowledge throughout their life.
His ancestry is american. Richard is citizen of United States of America. His primary profession is to be film director. He is recently known as screenwriter. He received Academy Award for Best Documentary Feature Design for Death in 1946
Richard Fleischer's dad
Richard Fleischer's father's name is Max Fleischer. He is known as screenwriter. Richard´s father was born on Thursday 19th of July 1883 in Vienna. His father died on Monday 11th of September 1972 in Woodland Hills. Max Fleischer was 56 years old, when this happened.
Richard Fleischer's schools
We found 2 schools Richard attended. Complete list of schools: Yale School of Drama, Brown University.
Richard Fleischer's career
His main focus is to be film director.
How did Richard Fleischer die
He died on on Saturday 25th of March 2006 when he was 90 years old at Woodland Hills. Richard Fleischers death was caused by natural causes.
Awards and competitions
Richard Fleischer's Awards
- Richard received award for Academy Award for Best Documentary Feature for work Design for Death in 1946
Richard Fleischer's Nominations
- Richard was nominated for Academy Award for Best Documentary Feature
- Richard was nominated for Golden Raspberry Award for Worst Director for work The Jazz Singer in 1981
Richard Fleischer's quotes
- The Happy Time (1952) was exactly the kind of film I was looking for - a human comedy about a young boy's coming of age. No melodrama, no murders, no evil wooden puppets!
- Every silver lining has a black, ugly cloud hanging over it.
- [on working with Arnold Schwarzenegger on Conan the Destroyer (1984)] Arnold has done a fantastic job -- and real progress in this art of acting, but as he has an accent I've been obliged to work him twice as hard.
- [on "Fantastic Voyage" (1966)]: The whole film took about a year to make - there were hundreds of days of actual shooting on it. But, even so, I love making big films. They're a strain, but then, making any film is a strain.
Richard Fleischer's body shape
Lets describe how Richard Fleischer looks. We will focus on his body shape. Body build is average.