Richard Briers's biography
Richard David Briers is 79 years old actor born at Surrey. He was born on Sunday 14th of January 1934. He is often nicknamed as Dickie. According to year of birth 1934 he belongs to Silent Generation. Birthday on 14th of January means Richard is Capricorn. These people are stable in nature. As the sign lord is “Saturn”, the person will be judgemental in his approach.
He is white british. He is citizen of United Kingdom. His primary profession is to be actor. You can know him also as television actor, film actor, voice actor. He is recently known as stage actor.
Richard Briers's family
Richard Briers's ex wife
Richard Briers and Ann Davies have been together since 1956 for 57 years. She is known as actor. His ex wife was born on Sunday 25th of November 1934 in London. Richard´s ex wife died on Tuesday 26th of April 2022. Ann Davies was 88 years old, when this happened.
He has 1 daughter.
Richard Briers's daughter: Lucy Briers
Richard Briers's daughter's name is Lucy Briers. She is known as stage actor. Richard´s daughter was born on Saturday 19th of August 1967 in London.
Richard Briers's schools
We found 1 school Richard attended. Name of the school: Royal Academy of Dramatic Art.
Detailed informations about his schools
Richard studied high school - Ridgeway School in Wimbledon, Rokeby Prep School, Kingston upon Thames (dropped out).
He studied university - Borough Polytechnic Institute, now London South Bank University, Royal Academy of Dramatic Arts.
Richard Briers's career
His main focus is to be actor. He is famous thanks to Peter Pan (2003).
Is Richard Briers gay ?
Richard is known to be straight.
How did Richard Briers die
Richard died on on Sunday 17th of February 2013 when he was 79 years old at London. Richard Brierss death was caused by emphysema.
Awards and competitions
Richard Briers's Awards
- He was awarded the OBE (Officer of the Order of the British Empire) in the 1989 Queen's New Year Honours List for his services to drama.
- He was awarded the CBE (Commander of the Order of the British Empire) in the 2003 Queen's Birthday Honours List for his services to drama.
- He was nominated for Broadway's 1998 Tony Award as best actor in a play for his performance of EugÃ¨ne Ionesco's in "The Chairs.".
What else you don't know about Richard Briers ?
Richard´s middle name is David.
What Richard Briers has done for a first time
- A first cousin, once removed, of actor Terry-Thomas.
Richard Briers's quotes
- People still see me in Good Life (The Good Life (1975)) repeats. I was 25 years younger then. Now I'm an old git with white hair.
- I was trained as an actor and was taught voice projection and diction, but the fashion nowadays is to speak badly and make terrible noises from the back of your throat.
- I don't watch very much on TV, partly because I'm old. I want very little action. I'm one of those awfully boring people who likes David Attenborough and the news.
- They simply don't write funny stuff any more. A lot of it now is depressing. Or violent. Or both.
- On being awarded the CBE (Commander of the Order of the British Empire) I'm absolutely delighted..It's more than 12 years ago that I picked up the OBE (Officer of the Order of the British Empire) so to get this is marvellous.
- I am irrevocably and unashamedly old-fashioned. I subscribe to The Oldie magazine - written expressly for the grumpy elderly - and I relish a good whinge.
- Do I need or desire an iPod? Of course not! I'm afraid I won't live long enough to find time to listen to the 10,000 tunes you're supposed to be able to store on them.
- If my agent has a job for me and I happen to be out, he phones me later when I'm back at home. If he doesn't want me, the phone remains silent. We have, for the past 50-odd years, always found this to be a perfectly satisfactory arrangement.
Richard Briers's height, body shape, eye color
Lets describe how Richard Briers looks. We will focus on his height, body shape, eye color and hair color. Richard is tall as 5' 10" (178 cm). Body build is average. His eyes are tinted blue. His hair is shade of grey.