Rekha is 68 years old film actor born at Chennai. She was born on Sunday 10th of October 1954. She is often nicknamed as The Bollywood QueenReMadame XRekhaji. According to year of birth 1954 she belongs to Boomers. Birthday on 10th of October means she is Libra. Libra sign depicts that it is all about “Balance”. It seems that their life is very balanced, however, things are way opposite as they always face unstable situations in order to balance it further.
She is citizen of India. She is an adherent of hinduism. Her primary profession is to be film actor. You can know her also as politician, playback singer, musician. She is recently known as actor.
Rekha's father's name is Gemini Ganesan. He is known as actor. Her father was born on Wednesday 17th of November 1920 in Pudukkottai. Her father died on Tuesday 22nd of March 2005 in Chennai. Gemini Ganesan was 51 years old, when this happened.
Rekha's mother's name is Pushpavalli. She is known as actor. Her mother was born on Saturday 3rd of January 1925 in Tadepalligudem. Rekha was born when she was 29 years old. Her mother died in 1991. Pushpavalli was 37 years old, when this happened.
Rekha's ex husband
Rekha and Vinod Mehra have been together. He is known as actor. Her ex husband was born on Tuesday 13th of February 1945 in Amritsar. Her ex husband died on Tuesday 30th of October 1990 in Mumbai. Vinod Mehra was 36 years old, when this happened.
Her main focus is to be film actor. She is famous thanks to Muqaddar Ka Sikandar. You could see her also in Umrao Jaan, Koi... Mil Gaya, Khubsoorat, Khoon Bhari Maang, Khiladiyon Ka Khiladi and many more.
Is Rekha gay ?
She is known to be heterosexuality.
Awards and competitions
- She received award for National Film Award for Best Actress for work Umrao Jaan in 1982
- She received award for Bollywood Movie Award – Best Supporting Actress for work Koi... Mil Gaya in 2004
- She received award for Filmfare Award for Best Actress for work Khubsoorat in 1981
- She received award for Filmfare Award for Best Actress for work Khoon Bhari Maang in 1989
- She received award for Filmfare Award for Best Supporting Actress for work Khiladiyon Ka Khiladi in 1997
- Ranked #5 by rediff.com in its list of the "Top 10 Bollywood Actresses Ever". (March 2007).
What Rekha has done for a first time
- Was obese and plump in her first films in the early 70s but underwent a spectacular transformation and became the ageless icon of beauty and glamour of Bollywood.
- When asked about the doctors that say they did plastic surgeries on her: "I wish I could meet all those surgeons. Every once in a while, some doctor claims to have done some operation on me."
- I'm a very shy person. Unlike what has been insinuated, it's not a strategy to retain my aura. I'm not trying to live up to any mystery woman image.
- Now people might think that I am not married and I have no children, the conventional lifestyle you know, but I see it this way: as long as you are alive, you have a chance to have a future. At least there is hope.
- I devoted thirty-one years of my life to this industry and in turn this industry has given me everything that I can be proud of - name, fame and the perks that go with stardom.
- Well loneliness is still a part of me, but being alone is not necessarily being lonely.
- Sometimes I really wish my life were as exciting as people think it is. Let me also add that my private life is mine alone. I don't want to bare it for discussion and dissection. Because my life can be misunderstood and misinterpreted.
- Among the models I admire, I find Aishwarya is the best. I disagree with the media that she is 'plastic'. I find her very expressive.
- I don't care much for success - it's an alien word to me. I don't believe in success, I don't believe in achievements so to speak. I just believe in relishing every moment of my life. That's enough for me.
- (July 2006, about Hrithik Roshan): Hrithik epitomizes everything precious in a man, be it as a son, lover or as a husband. This kid is a complete human being.
- About Aishwarya Rai: "I think she has got a very raw deal. She's our treasure but she's neither here nor there, with one foot in Hollywood. She has not had anything great since Devdas (2002). I will fight for her like a tigress if need be." (October 2006)
- "I don't feel the pinch, you know, or the sting. It's gone. I'm healed now. I'm not bitter anymore." (October 2006)
- "I was never a kind of person who voiced my impressions or my feelings. I never told anybody what I feel. I was very shy, to open my mouth when there are men around." (October 2006)
- "I didn't know what the word father mean't. When you think of father, when you mention the word father, it's someone in the church. That's all I know of a father." (October 2006)
- "I never thought I'd be home alone, with all my sisters married and gone. I never thought I'd not have my own family, my own children." (Dec 9, 2006)
- "I don't have to spend hours planning and executing my clothes and makeup. I've done it for 40-odd years. I can't bring myself to spend more than 15 minutes on makeup and clothes." (Dec 9, 2006)
- I've done concerts twice in my life.. in '87 and '97. Maybe this is the year to start planning a concert.. it has to be done right. I don't want to be running all over the place like a headless chicken. (February 2008)
- The moment you're a star, you're no longer normal. That's a curse you've got to live with. (January 1997)
- I like shooting after three in the afternoon. I sleep on my face and it tends to get puffy in the mornings. The face actually starts settling after noon and is at its best around six in the evening. (April 1978)
- See also Other Works |Â Publicity Listings |Â Official Sites
Rekha's body shape
Lets describe how Rekha looks. We will focus on her body shape. Body build is average.
Latest news about Rekha
For the latest news - you can follow Rekha on social networks.