Polly Bergen's biography
Nellie Paulina Burgin is 84 years old actor born at Knoxville. She was born on Monday 14th of July 1930. Polly is often nicknamed as Nellie Paulina Burgin, Polly Bergen. According to year of birth 1930 she belongs to Silent Generation. Birthday on 14th of July means Polly is Cancer. Cancer is a watery sign. They are very friendly and show motherly love to everyone. According to ascendant calculator, an important trait of these natives is their sensitive nature.She was married 2 times.
Polly is native english speaker. She is white american. She is citizen of United States of America. Polly is jewish. Polly´s primary profession is to be actor. You can know Polly also as musician, writer, entrepreneur, singer, stage actor, television actor. Polly is recently known as film actor. Polly received Primetime Emmy Award for Outstanding Lead Actress in a Miniseries or a Movie Playhouse 90 in 1958
Polly Bergen's family
Polly Bergen's ex husbands
Polly Bergen and Jerome Courtland have been together since 1950 for 5 years. He is known as actor. Her ex husband was born on Monday 27th of December 1926 in Knoxville. Her ex husband died on Thursday 1st of March 2012 in Santa Clarita. Jerome Courtland was 82 years old, when this happened.
Polly Bergen and Freddie Fields have been together since 1956 for 19 years. He is known as talent agent. Her ex husband was born on Thursday 12th of July 1923 in Ferndale. Polly´s ex husband died on Tuesday 11th of December 2007 in Beverly Hills. Freddie Fields was 77 years old, when this happened.
Polly Bergen's schools
We found 1 school Polly attended. Name of the school: Compton High School.
Detailed informations about her schools
Polly studied university - El Camino College Compton Center.
Polly Bergen's career
Her main focus is to be actor. Polly is famous thanks to Emmy Award in 1958 for her performance as Helen Morgan in The Helen Morgan Story. You could see Polly also in Playhouse 90.
Is Polly Bergen gay ?
Polly is known to be straight.
How did Polly Bergen die
Polly died on on Saturday 20th of September 2014 when he was 84 years old at Southbury. Polly Bergens death was caused by natural causes.
Awards and competitions
Polly Bergen's Awards
- Was nominated for Broadway's 2001 Tony Award as Best Actress (Featured Role - Musical) for a revival of "Follies."
- Copping an Emmy Award for playing torch singer Helen Morgan on TV in 1957, she subsequently recorded an album of Morgan's popular songs.
What else you don't know about Polly Bergen ?
Polly´s middle name is Paulina.
What Polly Bergen has done for a first time
- Played the first woman president in the movie Kisses for My President (1964) and played the mother of the first woman president on the TV show Commander in Chief (2005)
- She played Leslie McCloud, the first female U.S. President, in Kisses for My President (1964) and Kate Allen, the mother of another female U.S. President Mackenzie Allen, in Commander in Chief (2005).
Polly Bergen's quotes
- I'm one of those people who always needs a mountain to climb. When I get up a mountain as far as I think I'm going to get, I try to find another mountain.
- I don't want to waste the rest of my life just earning a living. I want to do what's fulfilling for me. I want to play out my life doing what I enjoy, not just showing up for work.
- See also Other Works |Â Publicity Listings |Â Official Sites
Polly Bergen's height, body shape, eye color
Lets describe how Polly Bergen looks. We will focus on her height, body shape, eye color and hair color. She is tall as 5' 5" (165 cm). Body build is average. Her eyes are tinted blue. Her hair is shade of brown - dark.