Pharrell Williams's biography
Pharrell Williams is 49 years old rapper born at Virginia Beach. He was born on Thursday 5th of April 1973. He is often nicknamed as Pha-realLil' Skateboard PP. Willy. According to year of birth 1973 he belongs to Generation X. Birthday on 5th of April means he is Aries. Aries is the most active sign of Zodiac, one born with this sign is a very quick learner, aggressive and passionate.
He is native english speaker. He is citizen of United States of America. His primary profession is to be rapper. You can know him also as singer, songwriter, record producer, fashion designer. He is recently known as entrepreneur. He received Grammy Award for Best Pop Solo Performance Happy in 2015
Pharrell Williams's family
Pharrell Williams's spouse
Pharrell Williams's ex spouse
Pharrell Williams's schools
We found 2 schools He attended. Complete list of schools: Northwestern University, Princess Anne High School.
Detailed informations about his schools
- Attended Princess Anne High School in Virginia Beach. Teddy Riley built his studio Future Records next to Princess Anne HS.
Pharrell Williams's career
His main focus is to be rapper. He is also a member of N.E.R.D.
Awards and competitions
Pharrell Williams's Awards
- His debut album "In My Mind" was nominated for Best Rap Album at the 49th Annual Grammy Awards in 2007. He was beaten by Ludacris' album "Release Therapy".
- Performed his current single "Can I Have It Like That?" at the Nordic Music Awards in Copenhagen, Denmark. [October 2005]
- He was awarded a Star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame for Recording at 6270 Hollywood Boulevard in Hollywood, California on December 4, 2014.
Pharrell Williams's Nominations
- He was nominated for Academy Award for Best Picture
Pharrell Williams's quotes
- There shouldn't be anything absolute, except physics.
- You treat the air as a canvas and the paint is the chords that come through your fingers, out of the keyboard.
- You sort of have to become what you're wearing.
- You get used to it when you feel like you're an artist.
- You can't get anything done hanging out all day long.
- When you're playing, you're playing something for the world to hear.
- When you're dancing, you're dancing for people to see.
- When it comes to luggage, I am an underpacker.
- When I'm in the mood for room service, my favorite order is a peanut-butter-and-jelly sandwich.
- There's no better feeling than just going in and just working with someone and what comes out is something that the world knows about.
- The sexiest woman musician is Alicia Keys.
- The element of harmony is super important.
- Some of us get a feeling when we hear music and we feel music, and you want to figure out how to continue to feel that.
- So when I'm playing, I'm sort of painting a feeling in the air.
- Right now, musically I'm inspired by everyday people.
- My style hero was Batman. Now it's Tony Stark.
- Most of the time, I see what I see, I search my feelings, and then I make my decisions based on my gut - and I don't always make the right ones.
- Iconic artists are never straight ahead. Michael Jackson loved Elvis and Burt Bacharach, and uniquely blended both of them into what he did.
- I'm like most people. We just concentrate on the present. I live right where the film is going through the film projector and it hits the light.
- I'm like a little boy from Virginia. I'm a backpacker. In my head, I'm left of centre. I come from the pool of weirdoes.
- I'm always consciously trying to make what I feel is missing.
- I'm a fan of music, first and foremost. So I do things from the perspective of a fan.
- I like to browse and just hang in bookstores.
- I learn a lot from my experiences and collaborations. Most of my collaborations are meant for me to learn.
- For me, nothing is given.
- Entrepreneur just denotes that you recognize that you're doing things across disciplines and that you're blazing your own path.
- The keyboard is my journal.
- Remember my first tenet in getting dressed is how you feel in the morning. So if you're not being true blue to that, it usually shows.
- My favorite Dominican dish to indulge in is anything with crab.
- I think all music is a gift from God.
- I love what I do, I love my job.
- I love the way Charlize Theron and Kate Moss dress.
- I love making music, though. I love playing.
- I like the world.
- I like anything sweet.
- I just like being a kid. I enjoy it, I don't want to grow up.
- I just happen to admire everyone that we work with.
- I don't want to end up being a circus act, doing my most famous tricks when I'm 70.
- I don't know, the artist thing is not me. I love making music, though.
- I don't know about style mistakes.
- Fashion is more about feel than science.
- Living your life 40 floors up, looking out every day on ocean and skies, you see the world from a different point of view. It's like living in a very interesting fishbowl, but since no one can see up here, it's like a fishbowl with a limo tint.
- My ideal travel companions are my family.
- I wanted clothing that I couldn't find, so I decided to make it.
- I only entertain very close friends.
- I love playing. The keyboard is my journal.
- I love everything that Frank Gehry does. I wish I could have that man build me a Wayne Manor-style mansion, like his idea of it.
- I am overly ambitious, because I realize it can be done.
- Everything that we experience every day leaves a long-lasting impression.
- Music is all of a sudden much more colorful.
- I just do what I do. It's not something that should be revered as something that's great.
- I answer questions the best I can.
- I think music follows the trends of the collective conscious.
- I have an all-Japanese design team, and none of them speak English. So it's often funny and surprising how my ideas end up lost in translation.
- I'm just very thankful. And I say that a lot because that's the most important message.
- I love when things are transparent, free and clear of all inhibition and judgment.
- You don't know what people are looking for. What you know is what you feel like might be missing. It's up to the people to agree with you or disagree with you, and you'll know in their reaction.
- The simplest way to say it is that I think we're all dealt these cards in life, but the cards in and of themselves don't read one way or the other. It's up to you to home in and cultivate whatever you've got in your hand.
- The people have allowed me to - they've respected my choice of wanting to be like, a little, you know, a baby alchemist, and just trying to mix different cultures together and things that I think are interesting.
- Some people say there's nothing new under the sun. I still think that there's room to create, you know. And intuition doesn't necessarily come from under this sun. It comes from within.
- Lyrically, I could be so much sharper. Melodically, I could be so much stickier. Musically, I could have so much more texture. So I'm constantly doing that, trying to find new ways to mix things up.
- I'm a producer. I'm a musician. And my job is to come in and, you know, put - you know, I treat all of the artists that I work with, like, you know, the way da Vinci was looking at Mona Lisa, you know, there's an interesting backdrop.
- I can't say what I'm going to wear all the time. The minute that I say that, then there's something in me that tips off and then I need to break out of that.
- Alber Elbaz is just a genius. He'll be in a dinner jacket and he doesn't care what time of day it is: I love that about him. He just marches to the beat of his own drum.
- David Bowie was a true innovator, a true creative. May he rest in peace.
- See also Other Works |Â Publicity Listings |Â Official Sites
Pharrell Williams's body shape
Lets describe how Pharrell Williams looks. We will focus on his body shape. Body build is average.
Latest news about Pharrell Williams
For the latest news - you can follow Pharrell Williams on social networks.