Patty Duke's biography
Anna Marie Duke is 76 years old television actor born at Elmhurst, New York City, New York, USA. Patty was born on Saturday 14th of December 1946. Patty is often nicknamed as Patty Duke Astin, Anna Duke-Pearce. According to year of birth 1946 Patty belongs to Silent Generation. Birthday on 14th of December means she is Sagittarius. Sagittarius is a Fiery sign of Zodiac Belt. These people are highly learned and love to gain knowledge throughout their life.Patty was married 2 times.
Patty is white american. She is citizen of United States of America. Patty is roman catholic. Patty´s primary profession is to be television actor. You can know Patty also as film actor, singer, politician, stage actor, trade unionist. She is recently known as health activist. Patty received Academy Award for Best Supporting Actress The Miracle Worker in 1963
Patty Duke's family
Patty Duke's ex husbands
Patty Duke and John Astin have been together since 1972 for 13 years. He is known as actor. Patty´s ex husband was born on Sunday 30th of March 1930 in Baltimore.
Patty Duke and Harry Falk have been together since 1965 for 4 years. He is known as television director. Her ex husband was born on Wednesday 15th of March 1933. Her ex husband died on Friday 29th of April 2016. Harry Falk was 70 years old, when this happened.
Patty has 2 sons.
Patty Duke's son: Sean Astin
Patty Duke's son's name is Sean Astin. Sean is known as actor. Patty´s son was born on Thursday 25th of February 1971.
Patty Duke's son: Mackenzie Astin
Patty Duke's son's name is Mackenzie Astin. He is known as actor. Her son was born on Saturday 12th of May 1973 in Los Angeles.
Detailed informations about Patty´s schools
She studied high school - Quintano's School for Young Professionals.
Patty Duke's career
Patty´s main focus is to be television actor. She is famous thanks to The Patty Duke Show, Miracle Worker. You could see Patty also in The Miracle Worker, My Sweet Charlie.
Is Patty Duke gay ?
Patty is known to be straight.
How did Patty Duke die
Patty died on on Tuesday 29th of March 2022 when he was 76 years old at Coeur d'Alene. Patty Dukes death was caused by sepsis due to a ruptured intestine. It happend like natural causes.
Awards and competitions
Patty Duke's Awards
- Won the Theatre World Award for Best Debut Performance for her performance as Helen Keller in the stage version of "The Miracle Worker" during the 1959-1960 Broadway season.
- She was awarded a Star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame at 7000 Hollywood Boulevard in Hollywood, California on August 17, 2004.
- Was the 56th actress to receive an Academy Award; she won the Best Actress in a Supporting Role Oscar for The Miracle Worker (1962) at The 35th Annual Academy Awards (1963) on April 8, 1963.
- When receiving her Academy Awards statuette for Miracle Worker, back in 1962, she is recorded for having the shortest talk of all Academy Awards history ceremonies. She just said: "Thank You" and got away.
Patty Duke's Nominations
- She was nominated for Academy Award for Best Supporting Actress
What else you don't know about Patty Duke ?
Patty´s middle name is Marie.
What Patty Duke has done for a first time
- Gave birth to her first child at age 24, a son Sean Patrick Duke (aka Sean Astin) on February 25, 1971. Child's father is her second ex-husband, Michael Tell.
- Became a grandmother for the first time at age 49 when her son Sean Astin and his wife Christine Astin welcomed a daughter, Ali Astin on November 27, 1996.
- Died exactly one month (March 29, 2016) before her first husband Harry Falk, who died April 29, 2016.
Patty Duke's quotes
- [on her wardrobe on The Patty Duke Show (1963)] Not only did I hate those clothes, but they put my name on some and successfully merchandised them, so a lot of other poor girls were walking around with the same ugly clothes I had to wear.
- I've beaten my own bad system, and on some days, most days, that feels like a miracle.
- I subscribe to the theory that says you're a product of all your experiences. And I am finally, most of the time, happy with the product. I now think it is OK to be Patty Duke.
- [speaking of son Sean Astin and his role in the "Lord of the Rings" trilogy] We call that Sean's little independent movie.
- For the first time, I lived alone... in a luxury apartment on Sunset Strip. For a few days I loved the idea, but I got lonely and restless.
- From the time Sean [son Sean Astin] was born, until I was diagnosed, I was murder to live with. I don't think I was marriage material at all until seven years ago.
- A lot of us were under the impression that there is only one Sign Language and that it is international!
- Actors take risks all the time. We put ourselves on the line. It is creative to be able to interpret someone's words and breathe life into them.
- As the boys grew up, my manias took the form of irritability and unpredictable flashes of rage. It was intense.
- [on where she keeps her Oscar] Oscar was a doorstop; Oscar was in the basement. I went through a period of false humility. I thought if I had Oscar out people would think I was full of myself. Now Oscar is in a beautiful etagere near my front door.
- [on her plans to speak out about her bypass operation, despite advice not to] My agent may say ix-nay on the bypass but I can't; that's me. It's more important for me to be myself.
- See also Other Works |Â Publicity Listings |Â Official Sites
Patty Duke's height, body shape, eye color
Lets describe how Patty Duke looks. We will focus on her height, body shape, eye color and hair color. Patty is tall as 5' 0" (152 cm). Body build is slim. Patty´s eyes are tinted brown - light. Her hair is shade of brown - light.