Olivier Assayas's biography
Olivier Assayas is 67 years old screenwriter born at Paris. Olivier was born on Tuesday 25th of January 1955. Olivier is often nicknamed as Olivier Assayas. According to year of birth 1955 Olivier belongs to Boomers. Birthday on 25th of January means Olivier is Aquarius. Aquarius is an Airy sign. They are smart thinkers, social, communicative, independent and intelligent people.Olivier was married 2 times.
Olivier Assayas's spouse
He is married to Mia Hansen-Løve
Olivier is white french. Olivier is citizen of France. His primary profession is to be screenwriter. You can know Olivier also as film director, film critic. He is recently known as writer. He received Los Angeles Film Critics Association Award for Best Foreign Language Film Summer Hours in 2009
Olivier Assayas's dad
Olivier Assayas's father's name is Jacques Rémy. He is known as film director. His father was born on Wednesday 21st of June 1911 in Constantinople. His father died on Tuesday 1st of December 1981 in 13th arrondissement of Paris. Jacques Rémy was 26 years old, when this happened.
Olivier Assayas's mom
Olivier Assayas's mother's name is Catherine de Károlyi.
Olivier Assayas's family
Olivier Assayas's wife
She is known as film critic. His wife was born on Thursday 5th of February 1981 in Paris.
Olivier Assayas's ex wifes
Olivier Assayas and Maggie Cheung have been together since 1998 for 3 years. She is known as actor. His ex wife was born on Sunday 20th of September 1964 in Hong Kong.
Olivier Assayas's schools
We found 2 schools Olivier attended. Complete list of schools: Beaux-Arts de Paris, Sorbonne Nouvelle University.
Detailed informations about Olivier´s schools
- Graduated from the French National School of Fine Arts (Paris).
Olivier Assayas's career
Olivier´s main focus is to be screenwriter.
Is Olivier Assayas gay ?
Olivier is known to be straight.
Olivier Assayas's girlfriend
Olivier Assayas and Isabelle Weingarten have been together. She is known as film actor. Olivier´s girlfriend was born on Tuesday 18th of April 1950 in 16th arrondissement of Paris. Olivier´s girlfriend died on Monday 3rd of August 2020 in Neuilly-sur-Seine. Isabelle Weingarten was 65 years old, when this happened.
Awards and competitions
Olivier Assayas's Awards
- Olivier received award for Los Angeles Film Critics Association Award for Best Foreign Language Film for work Summer Hours in 2009
- He received award for New York Film Critics Circle Award for Best Foreign Language Film for work Carlos in 2010
- He received award for National Society of Film Critics Award for Best Foreign Language Film for work Carlos in 2010
- Olivier received award for Louis Delluc Prize for work Clouds of Sils Maria in 2014
- Olivier received award for Cannes Best Director Award for work Personal Shopper in 2016
Olivier Assayas's Nominations
- Olivier was nominated for César Award for Best Writing for work Rendez-vous in 1986
- He was nominated for National Society of Film Critics Award for Best Screenplay for work Summer Hours in 2009
- He was nominated for National Society of Film Critics Award for Best Director for work Summer Hours in 2009
- He was nominated for National Society of Film Critics Award for Best Director for work Carlos in 2010
- Olivier was nominated for National Society of Film Critics Award for Best Foreign Language Film for work Carlos in 2010
- Olivier was nominated for César Award for Best Director for work Carlos in 2011
- Olivier was nominated for Primetime Emmy Award for Outstanding Directing for a Limited Series, Movie, or Dramatic Special for work Carlos in 2011
- Olivier was nominated for European Film Award for Best Director for work Carlos in 2010
What Olivier Assayas has done for a first time
- Was one of the first European film critics to pay close attention to the new cinema emerging from Asia.
Olivier Assayas's quotes
- I like the adventure of making films. And the adventure of making films has to do with the capacity you have of listening to your guts.
- Ultimately, what I am most interested in is what contradicts what I have written because that's exactly where real life moves into the film.
- [on director Michael Mann] It's miraculous to find such a great stylist in contemporary American cinema. ["La cinÃ©mathÃ¨que imaginaire", Cine-regards]
- Movies are expressions of our imagination. They are expressions of our conscious and of our subconscious. I think that movies can be analyzed the way dreams are analyzed.
- See also Other Works |Â Publicity Listings |Â Official Sites
Olivier Assayas's body shape, eye color
Lets describe how Olivier Assayas looks. We will focus on Olivier´s body shape, eye color and hair color. Body build is average. Olivier´s eyes are tinted brown - dark. His hair is shade of salt and pepper.