Nell Carter's biography
Nell Carter is 55 years old singer born at Birmingham. She was born on Monday 13th of September 1948. According to year of birth 1948 she belongs to Boomers. Birthday on 13th of September means she is Virgo. Virgo is an earthy sign of Zodiac Belt. People born under this Rising Sign are practical in nature. They believe in reality and represents themselves as a strong person.
She is citizen of United States of America. Her primary profession is to be singer. You can know her also as stage actor, film actor, television actor. She is recently known as voice actor.
Nell Carter's schools
We found 1 school She attended. Name of the school: A. H. Parker High School.
Nell Carter's career
Her main focus is to be singer.
Is Nell Carter gay ?
She is known to be bisexuality.
How did Nell Carter die
She died on on Thursday 23rd of January 2003 when he was 55 years old at Beverly Hills. Nell Carters death was caused by heart attack brought on by complications from diabetes. It happend like natural causes.
Awards and competitions
Nell Carter's Awards
- Won an Obie award for "Ain't Misbehavin'."
- Won Broadway's 1978 Tony Award as Best Actress (Featured Role - Musical" for "Ain't Misbehavin'," a part she recreated in an Emmy-winning performance in the television version with the same title, Ain't Misbehavin' (1982).
What Nell Carter has done for a first time
- Was actually the first Effie Melody White in the musical stage version of "Dreamgirls". Nell left the musical after the initial workshop to move to Los Angeles and work on TV. Michael Bennett then chose Jennifer Holliday for the role.
- At first, Tribune Entertainment was supposed to hire her as a talk show hostess for her own show, when it didn't work, consequently, the job was given to Joan Rivers, whose show (The Joan Rivers Show (1989)) has had a successful run.
Nell Carter's quotes
- (About the 20th Anniversary revival of "Annie") "I want this show to run for at least three years with me in it, then I want to take a week off".
- When I was growing up, it was not something you aspired to. I was a weirdo to want to be in show business. Most kids wanted to be teachers or nurses.
- See also Other Works |Â Publicity Listings |Â Official Sites
Nell Carter's body shape
Lets describe how Nell Carter looks. We will focus on her body shape. Body build is average.