Neil Labute's biography
Neil Labute is 59 years old film director born at Detroit. He was born on Tuesday 19th of March 1963. According to year of birth 1963 Neil belongs to Boomers. Birthday on 19th of March means he is Pisces. Pisces is a Watery Sign. They are very intuitive people. They are empathic, emotional and highly spiritual in nature.
His ancestry is american. He is citizen of United States of America. Neil´s primary profession is to be film director. You can know him also as screenwriter, writer. Neil is recently known as author.
Neil Labute's schools
We found 1 school Neil attended. Name of the school: Brigham Young University.
Detailed informations about Neil´s schools
- Attended Brigham Young University in Provo, Utah, and graduated with degrees in Theater and Film.
- He attended the University of Kansas and received his Masters degree in Theater and Film.
Neil Labute's career
His main focus is to be film director.
Awards and competitions
Neil Labute's Awards
- He was nominated for the 2001 London Evening Standard Theatre Award for Best Play for "The Shape of Things", performed at the Almeida Theatre.
- Nominated for the 2009 Tony Award for Best Play for "Reasons to Be Pretty".
- He was nominated for a 2013 Equity Joseph Jefferson Award for New Adaptation for the play, "In the Company of Men" at the Profiles Theatre in Chicago, Illinois.
Neil Labute's quotes
- I start writing about people. If they stay in the house, I say, "This is shaping up to be a play." If they go out to the car, to the grocery store, then I say, "I think it's going to be a film."
- [on why he writes his plays and screenplays with strong misanthropic tones] I take no pleasure in it, but I'm not afraid of it. Entertainment should be good, not nice and carefree.
- But that's the beauty and the damning thing in theater, is that what you see will never be seen by anybody else on another night. And when it closes, it's gone. On film you can go back and watch it over and over, but it doesn't change.
- I don't shy away from subjects that come to me - and once I decide to do a subject, I don't pull back - but I'm not consciously stirring the pot or ripping stories out of the headlines to create tension and thus shine the light on me.
- My plays are polarizing. People love them or loathe them. I don't care which.
- See also Other Works |Â Publicity Listings |Â Official Sites
Neil Labute's height, body shape
Lets describe how Neil Labute looks. We will focus on his height, body shape. He is tall as 6' 0" (183 cm). Body build is average.