Neil Degrasse Tyson's biography
Neil Degrasse Tyson is 64 years old astrophysicist born at The Bronx. He was born on Sunday 5th of October 1958. According to year of birth 1958 he belongs to Boomers. Birthday on 5th of October means he is Libra. Libra sign depicts that it is all about “Balance”. It seems that their life is very balanced, however, things are way opposite as they always face unstable situations in order to balance it further.
He is citizen of United States of America. His primary profession is to be astrophysicist. You can know him also as science writer, teacher, science communicator, cosmologist, philosopher, non-fiction writer, physicist, astronomer, Trekkie. He is recently known as actor.
Neil Degrasse Tyson's mom
Neil Degrasse Tyson's mother's name is Sunchita Tyson.
Neil Degrasse Tyson's schools
We found 5 schools He attended. Complete list of schools: Harvard University, Columbia University, University of Texas at Austin, The Bronx High School of Science, Harvard College.
Neil Degrasse Tyson's career
His main focus is to be astrophysicist and astrophysics. He is also a member of American Academy of Arts and Sciences.
Neil Degrasse Tyson's quotes
- The more your ideas are untestable, either in principle or in practice, the less useful they are to the advance of science.
- The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.
- Where ignorance lurks, so too do the frontiers of discovery and imagination.
- Science is something to be proud of, it allows us to understand the world in spite of ourselves.
- What are the lessons to be learned from this journey of the mind "through the universe"? That humans are emotionally fragile, perennially gullible, hopelessly ignorant masters of an insignificantly small speck in the cosmos. Have a nice day.
- I am proud to be part of a species where a subset of its members willingly put their lives at risk to push the boundaries of our existence.
- One thing is for certain: the more profoundly baffled you have been in your life, the more open your mind becomes to new ideas.
- When your reasons for believing something are justified ad hoc, you are left susceptible to further discoveries undermining the rationale for that belief.
- If that's how you wanna invoke your evidence for god, then god is an ever receding pocket of scientific ignorance, thats getting smaller, smaller and smaller as time goes on.
- Ever since there have been people, there have been explorers, looking in places where other hadn't been before. Not everyone does it, but we are part of a species where some members of the species do, to the benefit of us all.
- I lose sleep at night wondering whether we are intelligent enough to figure out the universe. I don't know.
- [A]s they are currently practiced, there is no common ground between science and religion. ... Although just as in hostage negotiations, it's probably best to keep both sides talking to each other.
- Whenever people have used religious documents to make accurate predictions about our base knowledge of the physical world, they have been famously wrong.
- So what is true for life itself is no less true for the universe: knowing where you came from is no less important than knowing where you are going.
- Emotional truths woven by lawyers in the court of law are apparently more important than the truths of actual events. I have grown to fear for those whose innocence became trapped within the legal system.
- To the scientist, the universality of physical laws makes the cosmos a marvelously simple place. By comparison, human nature-the psychologist's domain-is infinitely more daunting.
- [T]he persistent failures of controlled, double-blind experiments to support the claims of parapsychology suggest that what's going on is nonsense rather than sixth sense.
- Another practice that isn't science is embracing ignorance. Yet it's fundamental to the philosophy of intelligent design: I don't know what this is ... So it must be the product of a higher intelligence.
- Science is a philosophy of discovery. Intelligent design is a philosophy of ignorance.
- This present-day version of God of the gaps goes by a fresh name: intelligent design. ... Instead, why not tally all those things whose design ... reflect[s] the absence of intelligence?
- If I went around always calling myself "doctor," that would mean you'd have to believe what I said because of my authority. But, in fact, if what I say is fundamentally true, and you understand why it's true, you never have to reference title again.
- See also Other Works |Â Publicity Listings |Â Official Sites
Neil Degrasse Tyson's body shape
Lets describe how Neil Degrasse Tyson looks. We will focus on his body shape. Body build is average.
Latest news about Neil Degrasse Tyson
For the latest news - you can follow Neil Degrasse Tyson on social networks.
- He reached total 13 824 533 followers - Neil deGrasse Tyson on Twitter