Michael Redgrave's biography
Michael Redgrave is 77 years old actor born at Bristol. He was born on Friday 20th of March 1908. He is often nicknamed as Red Redgrave. According to year of birth 1908 he belongs to Greatest Generation. Birthday on 20th of March means he is Pisces. Pisces is a Watery Sign. They are very intuitive people. They are empathic, emotional and highly spiritual in nature.
He is citizen of United Kingdom. His primary profession is to be actor. You can know him also as stage actor, film actor, writer. He is recently known as theatrical director.
Michael Redgrave's dad
Michael Redgrave's father's name is Roy Redgrave.
Michael Redgrave's mom
Michael Redgrave's mother's name is Margaret Scudamore. She is known as actor. His mother was born on Sunday 13th of November 1881 in Portsmouth. Michael Redgrave was born when she was 27 years old. His mother died on Sunday 5th of October 1958 in London. Margaret Scudamore was 50 years old, when this happened.
Michael Redgrave's family
Michael Redgrave's ex spouse
Michael Redgrave and Rachel Kempson have been together since 1935 for 50 years. She is known as stage actor. His ex spouse was born on Saturday 28th of May 1910 in Dartmouth. His ex spouse died on Saturday 24th of May 2003 in Millbrook. Rachel Kempson was 95 years old, when this happened.
He has 1 son and 2 daughters
Michael Redgrave's son: Corin Redgrave
Michael Redgrave's son's name is Corin Redgrave. He is known as writer. His son was born on Sunday 16th of July 1939 in Marylebone. His son died on Tuesday 6th of April 2010 in Tooting. Corin Redgrave was 102 years old, when this happened.
Michael Redgrave's daughter: Vanessa Redgrave
Michael Redgrave's daughter's name is Vanessa Redgrave. Vanessa is known as screenwriter. His daughter was born on Saturday 30th of January 1937 in Blackheath.
Michael Redgrave's daughter: Lynn Redgrave
Michael Redgrave's daughter's name is Lynn Redgrave. She is known as television actor. His daughter was born on Monday 8th of March 1943 in Marylebone. His daughter died on Sunday 2nd of May 2010 in Kent. Lynn Redgrave was 102 years old, when this happened.
Michael Redgrave's schools
We found 2 schools He attended. Complete list of schools: Clifton College, Magdalene College.
Michael Redgrave's career
His main focus is to be actor. You could see him also in The Browning Version.
How did Michael Redgrave die
He died on on Thursday 21st of March 1985 when he was 77 years old at Denham. Michael Redgraves death was caused by parkinson's disease. It happend like natural causes.
Awards and competitions
Michael Redgrave's Awards
- He was awarded the CBE (Commander of the Order of the British Empire) in the 1952 Queen's Birthday Honours List for his services to drama, and created a Knight Bachelor in the 1959 Queen's Birthday Honours List for his services to drama.
- Was nominated for Broadway's 1956 Tony Award as Best Actor (Dramatic) for portraying Hector on Jean Giraudoux' "Tiger at the Gates."
Michael Redgrave's Nominations
- He was nominated for Academy Award for Best Actor for work Mourning Becomes Electra in 1947
Michael Redgrave's quotes
- [on Dame Edith Evans] "Acting with her was heaven. It was like being in your mother's arms."
- I didn't think I'd be any good in films... I couldn't imagine myself on the screen. Besides, there were such exciting things to do in the theatre, so much to learn.
- [on director Carol Reed] Reed is one of those dedicated beings, the artist who is completely absorbed by his dream. He eats, drinks and sleeps cinema.
- [on Edith Evans] We have such things in common - rice pudding on the hearth rug and coats over the back of the chair.
- See also Other Works |Â Publicity Listings |Â Official Sites
Michael Redgrave's body shape
Lets describe how Michael Redgrave looks. We will focus on his body shape. Body build is average.