Claire Bloom's biography
Patricia Claire Bloom is 91 years old actor born at Finchley. She was born on Sunday 15th of February 1931. Claire is often nicknamed as Claire Bloom. According to year of birth 1931 she belongs to Silent Generation. Birthday on 15th of February means Claire is Aquarius. Aquarius is an Airy sign. They are smart thinkers, social, communicative, independent and intelligent people.Claire was married 3 times.
Claire is white british. Claire is citizen of United Kingdom. Claire´s primary profession is to be actor. You can know her also as autobiographer, stage actor. Claire is recently known as film actor.
Claire Bloom's family
Claire Bloom's ex husbands
Claire Bloom and Rod Steiger have been together since 1959 for 10 years. Rod is known as actor. Claire´s ex husband was born on Tuesday 14th of April 1925 in New York City. Her ex husband died on Tuesday 9th of July 2002. Rod Steiger was 71 years old, when this happened.
Claire Bloom and Philip Roth have been together since 1990 for 5 years. He is known as writer. Claire´s ex husband was born on Sunday 19th of March 1933 in Newark. Claire´s ex husband died on Tuesday 22nd of May 2018 in Manhattan. Philip Roth was 87 years old, when this happened.
Claire Bloom and Hillard Elkins have been together since 1969 for 3 years. He is known as businessperson. Her ex husband was born on Friday 18th of October 1929 in Brooklyn. Her ex husband died on Wednesday 1st of December 2010 in Los Angeles. Hillard Elkins was 79 years old, when this happened.
Claire Bloom's schools
We found 2 schools Claire attended. Complete list of schools: Central School of Speech and Drama, Guildhall School of Music and Drama.
Detailed informations about Claire´s schools
Claire studied high school - Badminton School in Bristol, Guildhall School.
She studied university - Central School of Speech and Drama, in London.
Claire Bloom's career
Her main focus is to be actor. Claire is famous thanks to Streetcar Named Desire.
Is Claire Bloom gay ?
Claire is known to be straight.
Awards and competitions
Claire Bloom's Awards
- Was nominated for Broadway's 1999 Tony Award as Best Actress (Featured Role - Play) for "Electra."
- She was awarded the CBE (Commander of the Order of the British Empire) in the 2013 Queen's Birthday Honours List for her services to drama.
- Won the prestigious London Evening Standard Best Actress Award for her stage performance as Blanche DuBois in Tennessee Williams' 'A Streetcar Named Desire'.
- She considers her award winning role of Blanche du Bois in A Streetcar Named Desire as the Pinacle of her career,The film ran for 8 months in Londons West End.
Claire Bloom's quotes
- I think that few professions have so much to do with chance and so little to do with the calculation of will.
- I like to work in Hollywood, but I don't want to live there. I'm too young to die.
- In films, I fear I was a lady, and that is just fatal to anybody.
- [on her third husband] Philip made character assessments the way surgeons make incisions.
- See also Other Works |Â Publicity Listings |Â Official Sites
Claire Bloom's height, body shape, eye color
Lets describe how Claire Bloom looks. We will focus on Claire´s height, body shape, eye color and hair color. Claire is tall as 5' 5" (165 cm). Body build is average. Claire´s eyes are tinted brown - light. Claire´s hair is shade of brown - dark.