Charlotte Rae's biography
Charlotte Rae Lubotsky is 92 years old actor born at Milwaukee. She was born on Thursday 22nd of April 1926. Charlotte is often nicknamed as Maude, Charlotte Rae. According to year of birth 1926 Charlotte belongs to Greatest Generation. Birthday on 22nd of April means Charlotte is Taurus. Taurus is most stable sign of Zodiac, that is the reason it is also included in the earthy sign of the Zodiac Belt. One born with this Moon Sign (Not a Rising Sign) is very stable and balanced through their mind.
She is native english speaker. Charlotte is white american. Charlotte is citizen of United States of America. Her primary profession is to be actor. You can know Charlotte also as singer, dancer, stage actor, television actor, film actor. Charlotte is recently known as voice actor.
Charlotte Rae's family
Charlotte Rae's ex husband
Charlotte Rae and John Strauss have been together. He is known as composer. Charlotte´s ex husband was born on Wednesday 28th of April 1920. Her ex husband died on Monday 14th of February 2011. John Strauss was 85 years old, when this happened.
Charlotte Rae's schools
We found 2 schools Charlotte attended. Complete list of schools: Northwestern University School of Communication, Shorewood High School.
Detailed informations about Charlotte´s schools
- Rae's family moved from the city of Milwaukee to the nearby village of Shorewood (Milwaukee County) in 1936. She attended the local high school, Shorewood High School, graduating in 1944.
Charlotte Rae's career
Her main focus is to be actor. Charlotte is famous thanks to Car 54, Where Are You?, Diff'rent Strokes, The Facts of Life.
Is Charlotte Rae gay ?
She is known to be straight.
How did Charlotte Rae die
She died on on Sunday 5th of August 2018 when he was 92 years old at Los Angeles. Charlotte Raes death was caused by bone cancer. It happend like natural causes.
Awards and competitions
Charlotte Rae's Awards
- Was twice nominated for Broadway's Tony Award: in 1966, as Best Supporting or Featured Actress (Musical) for "Pickwick" (based on the Charles Dickens work), and in 1969, as Best Actress (Dramatic) for "Morning, Noon, and Night".
- Celebrated her 85th birthday in 2011, with the rest of her The Facts of Life (1979) cast at the TV Land Awards. On that day, both of her former co-stars, Nancy McKeon and Kim Fields, gave speeches respectively, in honor of her birthday.
What Charlotte Rae has done for a first time
- First met Bea Arthur in a revival of the play "Bertolt Brecht"; they later co-starred Off-Broadway in the milestone production of "The Threepenny Opera", starring Lotte Lenya. Rae and Arthur remained lifelong friends until Arthur's death in 2009.
Charlotte Rae's Donations
- Rae contributed annually to the Saban Clinic in Los Angeles, where she was discovered by Bernie and Mimi West. The clinic was opened in 1967 as the Los Angeles Free Clinic. In 2008, Cheryl and Haim Saban donated $10 million and the clinic was renamed.
Charlotte Rae's quotes
- I can't even go to Barbados without people wanting to hug me and 'Oh, Mrs. Garrett!', you know, it [The Facts of Life] really had an impact on their lives.
- [on her professional friendship with Norman Lear]: So open. So up front. Not a big shot. Not afraid to take a risk, make a mistake.
- You can take wonderfully talented actors, wonderfully talented writers and producers, and, uh, do a wonderful show!... but if it doesn't hit with the public in two minutes, it's bye-bye.
- Because of the power of television, I was visible to everybody all over the world. But there are many things in the theater that are more fulfilling and that I look forward to doing more. But really, I love it all: theater, film, television.
- Joan Collins is a bitch! There's no doubt about it, everyone says she an extremely difficult person.
- [in 1982, on how when she headed to New York, when she dropped her last name]: My father was heartbroken when I didn't use Lubotsky. Today actors keep their real names and I could use it.
- [on the death of Gary Coleman]: Coleman was filled with joy which he spread around to millions of people all over the world.
- Composers, artists, actors, singers, all of them. I think, unconsciously learn from others. I'm sure it's not conscious, but they can't help it. I know I was influenced by Beatrice Lillie. I must have been.
- [despite her ongoing feud with Joan Collins, she responded in 2007 to a question about other actors who would be willing to work with Collins]: It's a miracle that people still want to work with her, but I guess they do!
- [In 2006]: I wanted to be a serious actress. I am a serious actress. I've done lots of good stuff.
- [on laughing about one of the songs she used to sing]: In those days, you could do things that were risquÃ©. The lyrics were clever. Where would I be without those writers?
- [on Gary Coleman's death in 2010]: I said a prayer for him this morning after hearing about his condition. Gary was so loving, so charming. He was the big star of the show.
- [in 1989]: I'm in a rage, if you really want to know about it.
- [in 1988]: My former husband wanted to move to California. He is a music editor and music coordinator. He coordinated the music for the film version of 'Amadeus.' So many people have moved there from New York, and I felt at home.
- [on her popularity while playing the fifty-something Edna Garrett on The Facts of Life]: There have been lots of changes in my life these past few months. Not only am I thinner, but Mrs. Garrett is, too. It'll be a fun season.
- [in 1980, about an episode which she wasn't inspired to lose weight]: Yes, in that show, I was on a crash diet. But I had plans long before that to sensibly lose weight. I've dropped from a size 14 dress to a svelte 8; it's terrific.
- [responding in 1984 as to why she enjoys series television]: In TV, you have to compromise. But when strangers put their arms around you and tell you how much they love you it somehow makes it all worthwhile.
- I have to keep reminding people that I am not Mrs. Garrett. Mrs. Garrett is more together. She is much more organized. Not I ...
- [on her departure of The Facts of Life (1979), at the end of the seventh season]: They wanted me to stay a couple more years, they offered me millions.
- I had to act because I couldn't do anything else.
-  I was thinking of a tree that grows up straight to the sky. Why, what did you think?
- [in 2015]: If this is your passion don't judge yourself. Just keep striving. Life is one long day at school. Keep working and growing in your art.
- At 91, every day is a birthday. [In my book] I want to tell everybody to celebrate every day, to savor the day and be good to yourself, love yourself, and then you can be good to others and be of service to others. [interview, 2017]
- The Facts of Life (1979) was about growing up, family, love. And working our problems. I had a lot of input with issues like suicide, divorce, death. I'm really very proud.
- See also Other Works |Â Publicity Listings |Â Official Sites
Charlotte Rae's height, body shape, eye color
Lets describe how Charlotte Rae looks. We will focus on Charlotte´s height, body shape, eye color and hair color. Charlotte is tall as 5' 2" (157 cm). Body build is average. Charlotte´s eyes are tinted grey. Her hair is shade of grey.