Cedric Hardwicke's biography
Cedric Hardwicke is 71 years old film director born at Worcestershire. He was born on Sunday 19th of February 1893. He is often nicknamed as ButchBadger. According to year of birth 1893 he belongs to Lost Generation. Birthday on 19th of February means he is Pisces. Pisces is a Watery Sign. They are very intuitive people. They are empathic, emotional and highly spiritual in nature.He was married 2 times.
Cedric Hardwicke's spouse
He is married to Mary Scott
He is citizen of United Kingdom. His primary profession is to be film director. You can know him also as film producer, stage actor, film actor, actor. He is recently known as television actor.
Cedric Hardwicke's family
Cedric Hardwicke's spouse
She is known as actor. His spouse was born on Friday 9th of December 1921 in Los Angeles. His spouse died on Wednesday 22nd of April 2009 in Riverside County. Mary Scott was 116 years old, when this happened.
Cedric Hardwicke's ex spouses
Cedric Hardwicke and Helena Pickard have been together since 1928 for 20 years. She is known as actor. His ex spouse was born on Saturday 13th of October 1900 in Sheffield. His ex spouse died on Sunday 27th of September 1959 in Oxfordshire. Helena Pickard was 66 years old, when this happened.
He has 1 son.
Cedric Hardwicke's son: Edward Hardwicke
Cedric Hardwicke's son's name is Edward Hardwicke. He is known as actor. His son was born on Sunday 7th of August 1932 in London. His son died on Monday 16th of May 2011 in Chichester. Edward Hardwicke was 118 years old, when this happened.
Cedric Hardwicke's schools
We found 2 schools He attended. Complete list of schools: Royal Academy of Dramatic Art, Bridgnorth Endowed School.
Cedric Hardwicke's career
His main focus is to be film director.
How did Cedric Hardwicke die
He died on on Thursday 6th of August 1964 when he was 71 years old at New York City. Cedric Hardwickes death was caused by emphysema. It happend like natural causes.
Awards and competitions
Cedric Hardwicke's Awards
- He was awarded two stars on the Hollywood Walk of Fame for Motion Pictures at 6201 Hollywood Blvd. and for Television at 6660 Hollywood Blvd.
Cedric Hardwicke's Nominations
- Was in five Oscar Best Picture nominees: Les MisÃ©rables (1935), Suspicion (1941), Wilson (1944), The Ten Commandments (1956) and Around the World in 80 Days (1956). Only the last of these won.
Cedric Hardwicke's Donations
- When he died his money was so eaten up by hospital expenses incurred during his final illness that there was no money left to pay for a funeral. Several actors' funds, in honor of his long, distinguished career, donated the money.
Cedric Hardwicke's quotes
- I can't act. I have never acted. And I shall never act. What I can do is suspend my audience's power of judgement till I've finished.
- I believe that God felt sorry for actors, so he created Hollywood to give them a place in the sun and a swimming pool--the price they had to pay was to surrender their talent.
- Actors and burglars work better at night.
- England is my wife. America is my mistress. It is very good sometimes to get away from one's wife.
- [on TV commercials] The last refuge of optimism in a world of gloom.
- By temperament, a young actor needs to be mercurial, if nothing else, able to shed misfortunes like a duck shedding water and to magnify a pinpoint of hope into a golden dawn.
- Actors must practice restraint else think what might happen in a love scene.
- When actors are talking, they are servants of the dramatist. It is what they can show the audience when they are not talking that reveals the fine actor.
- My aim is to leave the theater and the screen better than I found them.
- I want to be one of those reformers. I am content to makes a virtue of necessity and modestly disclaim my desire to be a great reformer. I am resigned to be one of the myriad little ones; but I propose to be a very good little one.
- [on his role in Sentimental Journey (1946)] I did nothing but look at the handsome bosom of Maureen O'Hara and listen to the murmuring of her heart through a stethoscope.
- Hollywood may be thickly populated, but to me it's still a bewilderness.
- [on his role as Pharaoh Sethi in The Ten Commandments (1956)] It was a very great pleasure to play it. And, of course, it was a very great privilege to work with Mr. DeMille [Cecil B. DeMille], who really was dedicated to this particular picture.
Cedric Hardwicke's body shape
Lets describe how Cedric Hardwicke looks. We will focus on his body shape. Body build is average.