Cecil B. Demille's biography
Cecil B. Demille is 78 years old film producer born at Ashfield. He was born on Friday 12th of August 1881. He is often nicknamed as C.B.The Master of SpectacleThe Master of the Biblical Epic. According to year of birth 1881 he belongs to . Birthday on 12th of August means he is Leo. As sign in itself indicates “Lion” or “King”, hence people born under Leo sign are considered to be leaders in every aspects of life. They are royal in nature.
He is native english speaker. He is citizen of United States of America. His primary profession is to be film producer. You can know him also as film director, film editor, screenwriter, playwright, actor, stage actor, radio personality, film actor. He is recently known as theatrical director. He received Academy Award for Best Picture The Greatest Show on Earth in 1951
Cecil B. Demille's dad
Cecil B. Demille's father's name is Henry C. De Mille.
Cecil B. Demille's mom
Cecil B. Demille's mother's name is Beatrice DeMille. She is known as playwright. His mother was born on Sunday 30th of January 1853 in Liverpool. Cecil B. Demille was born when she was 28 years old. His mother died on Monday 8th of October 1923 in Hollywood. Beatrice Demille was 42 years old, when this happened.
Cecil B. Demille's family
Cecil B. Demille's ex spouse
Constance Adams DeMille
Cecil B. Demille and Constance Adams Demille have been together since 1902 for 57 years. She is known as actor. His ex spouse was born on Monday 27th of April 1874 in Orange. His ex spouse died on Sunday 17th of July 1960 in Los Angeles. Constance Adams Demille was 79 years old, when this happened.
He has 1 daughter.
Cecil B. Demille's daughter: Katherine DeMille
Cecil B. Demille's daughter's name is Katherine DeMille. She is known as actor. His daughter was born on Thursday 29th of June 1911 in Vancouver. His daughter died on Thursday 27th of April 1995 in Tucson. Katherine Demille was 114 years old, when this happened.
Cecil B. Demille's schools
We found 2 schools He attended. Complete list of schools: American Academy of Dramatic Arts, Widener University.
Cecil B. Demille's career
His main focus is to be film producer.
Cecil B. Demille's partner
Cecil B. Demille and Julia Faye have been together. She is known as actor. His partner was born on Saturday 24th of September 1892 in Richmond. His partner died on Wednesday 6th of April 1966 in Hollywood. Julia Faye was 85 years old, when this happened.
How did Cecil B. Demille die
He died on on Wednesday 21st of January 1959 when he was 78 years old at Hollywood. Cecil B. Demilles death was caused by heart ailment.
Awards and competitions
Cecil B. Demille's Awards
- The lifetime achievement award from the Hollywood Foreign Press (Golden Globe Awards) is named after him.
- He was awarded 2 Stars on the Hollywood Walk of Fame for Motion Pictures at 1725 Vine Street; and for Radio at 6240 Vine Street in Hollywood, California.
- His last three films, Samson and Delilah (1949), The Greatest Show on Earth (1952), and The Ten Commandments (1956), were all nominated for the Academy Award for Best Costume Design. Only Samson and Delilah (1949) won.
- Five of his films were nominated for the Academy Award for Best Art Direction: Dynamite (1929), North West Mounted Police (1940), Reap the Wild Wind (1942), Samson and Delilah (1949), and The Ten Commandments (1956). Only Samson and Delilah (1949) won.
- Directed three films nominated for the Academy Award for Best Picture: Cleopatra (1934), The Greatest Show on Earth (1952), and The Ten Commandments (1956). The Greatest Show on Earth won.
- At the 15th Foreign Language Press Film Critics Circle Awards in 1957, DeMille won in two categories: Best Film ("in terms of content") and Best Director, both for The Ten Commandments (1956).
Cecil B. Demille's Nominations
- He was nominated for Academy Award for Best Director
- He was nominated for Academy Award for Best Picture
- He was nominated for Academy Award for Best Picture
What Cecil B. Demille has done for a first time
- To promote The Ten Commandments (1956), he had stone plaques of the commandments posted at government buildings across the country. Many of them are still standing to this day, and some are now the subjects of First Amendment lawsuits.
Cecil B. Demille's quotes
- The public is always right
- [to his crew] You are here to please me. Nothing else on Earth matters.
- Give me any two pages of the Bible and I'll give you a picture.
- Every time I make a picture the critics' estimate of American public taste goes down ten percent.
- A picture is made a success not on a set but over the drawing board.
- I make my pictures for people, not for critics.
- I didn't write the Bible and didn't invent sin.
- [on "The Squaw Man"] I love this story so much that as long as I live I will make it every ten years.
- [A week before his death, DeMille was asked what his future plans were] Another picture, I imagine... or, perhaps, another world.
- Most of us serve our ideals by fits and starts. The person who makes a success of living is the one who sees his goal steadily and aims for it unswervingly.
- I am not one who would rail at the public if one of my pictures failed to "get across". The public knows art. I have never yet been connected with a failure, but, if I were, I would blame myself, not my audience.
- [on Cleopatra (1934)] I made this picture because the historical facts of her life are far more fascinating than any fiction.
-  I find the American public fairly true to corn. It grows all across the great Midwest. It's on the ground and in the hearts of the people. I'm very proud to say you'll find a good deal of it my pictures.
- The making of a picture of such large dimensions as Cleopatra (1934) is not the work of any one man. The director only guides the many geniuses that are under him.
- Television is a powerful and wonderful means of transferring ideas, and it is going to be here long after we have gone. But so are motion pictures.
- [on Yul Brynner] Along with his great acting ability, Yul has the pure knack of appealing to women at the same time he commands the respect of men.
-  In every contract I sign to produce a picture one essential clause is that Anne Bauchens will be its editor. That is not sentiment, or at least not only sentiment. She is still the best film editor I know.
- [on his biblical film trilogy] The Ten Commandments (1923) is about the giving of the law, The King of Kings (1927) is about the interpretation of the law, and The Sign of the Cross (1932) is concerned with its preservation.
- I have found the greatest power in the world is the power of prayer. There is no shadow of doubt of that. I speak from my own experience.
- [to Victor Mature] Vic, they say I'm corny. All right, what is corn? It's food that springs from the heart of our America. Iowa, Kansas, Missouri. It feeds our people. It feeds the starving of Europe - of the world. Vic, I'm glad to be corny.
Cecil B. Demille's body shape
Lets describe how Cecil B. Demille looks. We will focus on his body shape. Body build is average.