Carol Burnett's biography
Carol Creighton Burnett is 89 years old singer born at San Antonio, Texas, USA. Carol was born on Wednesday 26th of April 1933. She is often nicknamed as Carol Creighton Burnett, Carol Burnett. According to year of birth 1933 Carol belongs to Silent Generation. Birthday on 26th of April means she is Taurus. Taurus is most stable sign of Zodiac, that is the reason it is also included in the earthy sign of the Zodiac Belt. One born with this Moon Sign (Not a Rising Sign) is very stable and balanced through their mind.
She is native american english speaker. Carol is white american. She is citizen of United States of America. Her primary profession is to be singer. You can know Carol also as stage actor, film actor, television actor, voice actor, television presenter, writer, screenwriter, dancer. Carol is recently known as comedian.
Carol Burnett's family
Carol Burnett's ex husband
Carol Burnett and Joe Hamilton have been together since 1963 for 21 years. He is known as composer. Carol´s ex husband was born on Sunday 6th of January 1929 in Los Angeles. Her ex husband died on Sunday 9th of June 1991 in Los Angeles. Joe Hamilton was 58 years old, when this happened.
Carol has 2 daughters.
Carol Burnett's daughter: Carrie Hamilton
Carol Burnett's daughter's name is Carrie Hamilton. She is known as screenwriter. Carol´s daughter was born on Thursday 5th of December 1963 in New York City. Her daughter died on Sunday 20th of January 2002 in Los Angeles. Carrie Hamilton was 69 years old, when this happened.
Carol Burnett's daughter: Erin Hamilton
Carol Burnett's daughter's name is Erin Hamilton. She is known as singer. Carol´s daughter was born on Wednesday 14th of August 1968.
Carol Burnett's schools
We found 4 schools She attended. Complete list of schools: UCLA School of Theater, Film and Television, University of California, Los Angeles, Hollywood High School, UCLA Herb Alpert School of Music.
Detailed informations about her schools
- Attended but did not complete her degree from the UCLA School of Theater, Film and Television (1954).
- Attended and graduated from Hollywood High School in Hollywood, California (1951).
Carol Burnett's career
Carol´s main focus is to be singer. Carol is famous thanks to The Carol Burnett Show, Mamas Family. Carol is also a member of American Academy of Arts and Sciences.
Is Carol Burnett gay ?
She is known to be straight.
Awards and competitions
Carol Burnett's Awards
- She was awarded a Star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame for Television at 6433 Hollywood Boulevard in Hollywood, California on May 21, 1975.
- Received a Special Tony Award in 1969. She was also twice nominated for the Tony Award - in 1960, as Best Actress (Musical) for "Once Upon a Mattress" and in 1996, as Best Actress (Play) for "Moon Over Buffalo".
- Nominated for the 1960 Tony Award (New York City) for Actress in a Musical for "Once Upon a Mattress".
- Nominated for the 1996 Tony Award (New York City) for Actress in a Musical for "Moon Over Buffalo".
- John Barrowman, Susan Egan and she were awarded the 1998 Back Stage Garland Award for Performance for "Putting It Together" at the Mark Taper Forum Theatre in Los Angeles, California.
What else you don't know about Carol Burnett ?
Carol´s middle name is Creighton.
What Carol Burnett has done for a first time
- Considered Jim Nabors to be her good luck charm. He appeared as a guest on the first episode of The Carol Burnett Show (1967), and when the show took off, she had him back on the first episode of every season.
- Lucille Ball gave Carol her first baby shower.
- She was the first woman to have own variety television show.
- Helped actress and singer Bernadette Peters get her first break.
Carol Burnett's quotes
- [about her youth] Sometimes a guy would ask me to jitterbug, but nine times out of ten, they were not only a foot shorter than I was, but geeks to boot.
- Comedy is tragedy -- plus time.
- I was once asked to do my Tarzan yell at Bergdorf Goodman, and a guard burst in with a gun! Now I only do it under controlled circumstance.
- I had the imprint as a child that if Mickey and Judy could put a show on in a barn and then it got to Broadway, well that's just the way things are! Inside I always knew I would be okay.
- [on discovering the potential of her Friend and protÃ©gÃ© Vicki Lawrence] There was something about her that drew the audience to her, and that's something you're born with, She bore such a resemblance to me; that was obvious.
- [on her friend Vicki Lawrence playing Mama] Each time we did it, [Vicki] knocked it out of the ballpark, It's so funny. She started out as my kid sister and wound up as my mother!.
- God bless the theatre. And please let there be a way for it to thrive..forever.
- When you have dream, you've got to garb it and never let it go.
- [on her protÃ©gÃ© Vicki Lawrence] I adore Vicki, we adore each other!
- I can't dance! I was fair at faking it all these years, but I am NOT and never was, a dancer.
- [on working with Tim Conway when he went off script] I often thought that I should have some investment in Depends, because nobody could be with Tim and keep a straight face.
- The best advice that I could give is be kind.
Carol Burnett's height, body shape, eye color
Lets describe how Carol Burnett looks. We will focus on her height, body shape, eye color and hair color. Carol is tall as 5' 7" (170 cm). Body build is slim. Her eyes are tinted hazel. Carol´s hair is shade of brown - dark.