Carly Simon's biography
Carly Simon is 77 years old singer-songwriter born at The Bronx. She was born on Monday 25th of June 1945. According to year of birth 1945 she belongs to Silent Generation. Birthday on 25th of June means she is Cancer. Cancer is a watery sign. They are very friendly and show motherly love to everyone. According to ascendant calculator, an important trait of these natives is their sensitive nature.She was married 2 times.
She is native english speaker. She is citizen of United States of America. Her primary profession is to be singer-songwriter. You can know her also as singer, composer, songwriter, guitarist, pianist, actor. She is recently known as recording artist.
Carly Simon's dad
Carly Simon's father's name is Richard L. Simon.
Carly Simon's mom
Carly Simon's mother's name is Andrea Heinemann Simon.
Carly Simon's family
Carly Simon's ex spouses
Carly Simon and James Taylor have been together since 1972 for 11 years. He is known as singer-songwriter. Her ex spouse was born on Friday 12th of March 1948 in Boston.
Carly Simon and James Hart have been together.
She has 1 son and 1 daughter
Carly Simon's son: Ben Taylor
Carly Simon's son's name is Ben Taylor. He is known as musician. Her son was born on Saturday 22nd of January 1977.
Carly Simon's daughter: Sally Taylor
Carly Simon's daughter's name is Sally Taylor. She is known as singer. Her daughter was born on Monday 7th of January 1974 in Martha's Vineyard.
Carly Simon's schools
We found 2 schools She attended. Complete list of schools: Sarah Lawrence College, Riverdale Country School.
Carly Simon's career
Her main focus is to be singer-songwriter and composing. She is famous thanks to You're So Vain. Maybe you are curious what instrument does she play ? She plays guitar.
Awards and competitions
Carly Simon's Awards
- Awarded the ASCAP Founders Award in 2012.
Carly Simon's Rankings
- Ranked #28 on VH1's 100 Greatest Women of Rock N Roll
What Carly Simon has done for a first time
- Carly's daughter Sally Taylor gave birth to Simon's first grandchild, Bodhi Taylor Bragonier, in 2007.
Carly Simon's quotes
- A really strong woman accepts the war she went through and is ennobled by her scars.
- We need role models who are going to break the mold.
- My scar is beautiful. It looks like an arrow.
- My look was even more solidified when I started singing in Greenwich Village with my sister Lucy. We wore matching dresses as the Simon Sisters.
- Sometimes, but the year I lived in France I started to write songs.
- You know, people want to honor me, and on the one hand I just don't want to be a poster child; but on the other, I want to do something classy and great - something where the residuals will go to the cause.
- I try to get to those peculiar and particular things that you never think of to say.
- No, because I've never really changed my style that much.
- We went to see all the shows. American musical theater and jazz were very big.
- Sometimes my boyfriend would write the lyrics and I would write the melody, and other times I would start from scratch. Or sometimes I would take a local poem and put that to music.
- See also Other Works |Â Publicity Listings |Â Official Sites
Carly Simon's body shape
Lets describe how Carly Simon looks. We will focus on her body shape. Body build is average.
Latest news about Carly Simon
For the latest news - you can follow Carly Simon on social networks.