Bruce Lee's biography
Lee Jun Fan is 33 years old film director born at San Francisco Chinese Hospital. Bruce was born on Wednesday 27th of November 1940. Bruce is often nicknamed as Little Dragon, Lý Tiểu Long. According to year of birth 1940 he belongs to Silent Generation. Birthday on 27th of November means Bruce is Sagittarius. Sagittarius is a Fiery sign of Zodiac Belt. These people are highly learned and love to gain knowledge throughout their life.
Bruce is native cantonese speaker. He is multiracial hong konger. He is citizen of British Hong Kong. He is atheist. His primary profession is to be film director. You can know Bruce also as television actor, film actor, writer, film producer, philosopher, screenwriter, actor, martial artist, stunt performer. He is recently known as stunt coordinator.
Bruce Lee's dad
Bruce Lee's father's name is Lee Hoi-chuen. He is known as singer. His father was born on Monday 4th of February 1901 in Jun'an, Guangdong. His father died on Sunday 7th of February 1965 in British Hong Kong. Lee Hoi-Chuen was 25 years old, when this happened.
Bruce Lee's mom
Bruce Lee's mother's name is Grace Ho.
Bruce Lee's family
Bruce Lee's ex wife
Linda Lee Cadwell
Bruce Lee and Linda Lee Cadwell have been together since 1964 for 9 years. She is known as writer. His ex wife was born on Wednesday 21st of March 1945 in Everett.
Bruce has 1 son and 1 daughter
Bruce Lee's son: Brandon Lee
Bruce Lee's son's name is Brandon Lee. He is known as television actor. Bruce´s son was born on Monday 1st of February 1965 in Oakland. Bruce´s son died on Wednesday 31st of March 1993 in Wilmington. Brandon Lee was 53 years old, when this happened.
Bruce Lee's daughter: Shannon Lee
Bruce Lee's daughter's name is Shannon Lee. She is known as film actor. His daughter was born on Saturday 19th of April 1969 in Santa Monica.
Bruce Lee's schools
We found 2 schools He attended. Complete list of schools: University of Washington, Seattle Central College.
Detailed informations about his schools
He studied high school - James A. Garfield High School, Seattle, Washington, United States.
He studied university - Philosophy, University Of Washington, Seattle, Washington, United States (No Degree).
Bruce Lee's career
Bruce´s main focus is to be film director and actor. Bruce is famous thanks to Lee In Enter The Dragon (1973)..
Is Bruce Lee gay ?
He is known to be straight.
How did Bruce Lee die
He died on on Friday 20th of July 1973 when he was 33 years old at Kowloon Tong. Bruce Lees death was caused by cerebral edema.
Awards and competitions
Bruce Lee's Awards
- He was posthumously awarded a Star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame at 6933 Hollywood Boulevard in Hollywood, California on April 28, 1993.
Bruce Lee's Rankings
- Ranked #100 in Empire (UK) magazine's "The Top 100 Movie Stars of All Time" list. [October 1997]
- Chosen by Goldsea Asian American Daily as one of the "100 Most Inspiring Asian Americans of All Time". (ranked #2).
What Bruce Lee has done for a first time
- Departed for Seattle, Washington in 1958 with $100. Gave cha cha cha lessons to first-class passengers to earn extra money during ship ride to the United States.
- Received $30,000 for his first two feature films.
- In his first and only meeting with Enter The Dragon (1973) composer Lalo Schifrin, Lee told him that he often trains to the Mission: Impossible (1966) theme.
- His first major U.S. project was the role of Kato in the television series The Green Hornet (1966). He joked that he got this role because he was the only Oriental actor who could properly pronounce the lead character's name: "Britt Reid".
- The first hint of stardom, came when the martial artist returned to Hong Kong (1971). The television series The Green Hornet (1966) was being shown around the country and so Bruce Lee was being recognized for his role as Kato.
Bruce Lee's quotes
- Absorb what is useful, Discard what is not, Add what is uniquely your own.
- Simplicity is the last step of art.
- A teacher is never a giver of truth - he is a guide, a pointer to the truth that each student must find for himself. A good teacher is merely a catalyst.
- When an opportunity in a fight presents itself, "I" don't hit, "it" hits all by itself.
- Empty your mind. Become formless and shapeless like water. When water is poured into a cup, it becomes the cup. When water is poured into a teapot, it becomes the teapot. Be water, my friend.
- I fear not the man who has practiced 10,000 kicks once, but I fear the man who has practiced one kick 10,000 times.
- The key to immortality is first living a life worth remembering.
- Don't think, feel! It is like a finger pointing away to the moon. Don't concentrate on the finger or you will miss all that heavenly glory.
- A quick temper will make a fool of you soon enough.
- There's no challenge in breaking a board. Boards don't hit back.
- Ever since I was a child I have had this instinctive urge for expansion and growth. To me, the function and duty of a quality human being is the sincere and honest development of one's potential.
- Love is like a friendship caught on fire. In the beginning a flame, very pretty, often hot and fierce, but still only light and flickering. As love grows older, our hearts mature and our love becomes as coals, deep-burning and unquenchable.
- Notice that the stiffest tree is most easily cracked, while the bamboo or willow survives by bending with the wind.
- Martial art is ultimately an athletic expression of the dynamic human body. More important yet, is the person who is expressing his own soul.
- I have always been a martial artist by choice, an actor by profession, but above all, am actualising myself to be an artist of life.
- A goal is not always meant to be reached; it often serves simply as something to aim at.
- The martial arts are ultimately self-knowledge. A punch or a kick is not to knock the hell out of the guy in front, but to knock the hell out of your ego, your fear, or your hang-ups.
- I'm not in this world to live up to your expectations and you're not in this world to live up to mine.
- You know what I want to think of myself? As a human being. Because, I mean I don't want to sound like ask Confucius, sayyyyyy--(joking) but under the sky, under the heaven, man, there is but one family. It just so happens that people are different.
Bruce Lee's height, body shape, eye color
Lets describe how Bruce Lee looks. We will focus on Bruce´s height, body shape, eye color and hair color. Bruce is tall as 5' 7½" (171 cm). Body build is athletic. Bruce´s eyes are tinted black. Bruce´s hair is shade of black.
Latest news about Bruce Lee
For the latest news - you can follow Bruce Lee on social networks.