Bob Hoskins's biography
Bob Hoskins is 72 years old television actor born at Bury St Edmunds. He was born on Monday 26th of October 1942. He is often nicknamed as The Cockney Cagney. According to year of birth 1942 he belongs to Silent Generation. Birthday on 26th of October means he is Scorpio. Scorpio is a watery sign. These people are very intense in their thoughts. They always learn from the transformatory phase of their life.He was married 2 times.
He is citizen of United Kingdom. He is an adherent of anglicanism. His primary profession is to be television actor. You can know him also as film actor, actor, film director, screenwriter, film producer, character actor, comedian. He is recently known as stage actor.
Bob Hoskins's family
Bob Hoskins's ex spouses
Bob Hoskins and Jane Livesey have been together.
Bob Hoskins and Linda Banwell have been together.
Bob Hoskins's schools
Detailed informations about his schools
- Attended and graduated from the Central School of Speech and Drama in London, England.
Bob Hoskins's career
His main focus is to be television actor. You could see him also in Twenty Four Seven.
How did Bob Hoskins die
He died on on Tuesday 29th of April 2014 when he was 72 years old at Bury St Edmunds. Bob Hoskinss death was caused by pneumonia. It happend like natural causes.
Awards and competitions
Bob Hoskins's Awards
- He was awarded the 1982 Critics' Circle Theatre Awards (Drama Theatre Award) for Best Actor of 1981 for his performance in "Guys and Dolls" and "True West".
Bob Hoskins's Rankings
- Ranked #97 in Empire (UK) magazine's "The Top 100 Movie Stars of All Time" list. [October 1997]
Bob Hoskins's Nominations
- He was nominated for Academy Award for Best Actor for work Mona Lisa in 1986
- He was nominated for European Film Award for Best Actor for work Twenty Four Seven in 1997
- He was nominated for European Film Award for Best Actor for work Last Orders in 2001
What Bob Hoskins has done for a first time
- The first record he bought was "Your Eyes Are the Eyes of a Woman in Love" by Frankie Laine. He was a huge fan of jazz music and his favorite albums include "Kind of Blue" by Miles Davis and "Lambert, Hendricks, & Ross!".
- He was the first choice for Pop Larkin in The Darling Buds of May (1991). It was eventually decided that his fame as a film actor would cause problems and David Jason got the part.
Bob Hoskins's quotes
- On getting his first role: I was three parts pissed. We were going to a party. And this bloke comes around and says: "Right. You're next. Have you seen the script?" And I got the leading part.
- [in 1988] My life has taken off - my life, my career - everything. I can honestly say I've never been happier. I'm walking around thinking any minute now, 25 tons of horseshit is going to fall on my head.
- Most dictators were short, fat, middle-aged and hairless. Besides Danny DeVito, there's only me to play them.
- When you get to my age, what you want is the cameo. You get paid a lot of money. You fly in for a couple of weeks. Everybody treats you like the crown jewels. It's all great and if the film turns out to be a load of shit, nobody blames you.
- My own mum wouldn't call me pretty.
- I've watched films and even forgotten I'm in them.
- You don't end up with a face like this if you're hard, do ya? This comes from having too much mouth and nothing to back it up with. The nose has been broken so many times.
- [on director Francis Ford Coppola] Coppola couldn't piss in a pot.
- [on Neil Jordan] I think Neil is a magician. And I believe in magic.
- [on the acting profession] I came into this business uneducated, dyslexic, 5ft 6in, cubic, with a face like a squashed cabbage and they welcomed me with open arms.
- [on Method acting] Method is a load of bollocks.
- Family's all I've got. I've got money, yeah, but it's my family that I care about.
- It's funny, going in a pub now and there's no smoke. It may be healthier but it doesn't feel right. Even the beer tastes different.
- There was a time when people said, "You've got to speak like you don't, walk like you don't, be like you aren't." I said, "Ere, 'ang on, who am I? I'd be lost if I did that. I'd be disappearing. I'd be ectoplasm!".
- [on the best kiss of his life] With Natasha Richardson, God bless her, on The Favour, the Watch and the Very Big Fish (1991). She got hold of me and kissed me like I've never been kissed before. I was gobsmacked.
- [on what song he would like played at his funeral] Play what you like, I won't be there.
- [asked why he did a much-maligned series of adverts for British Telecom] For 500,000 reasons, all of them with the Queen's head on.
- (On what he owes his parents) Confidence. My mum used to say to me, "If somebody doesn't like you, fuck 'em, they've got bad taste."
- (On which living person he despises the most) Tony Blair - he's done even more damage than Thatcher.
- (On his earliest memory) The face of a cat looking into my cot at my home in Finsbury Park.
- (On the most valuable lesson life has taught him) It's your life, live it your way.
- [on acting as taught by Lee Strasberg] That's bollocks! Like how to look busy. It's just looking busy, impressing the boss.
- See also Other Works |Â Publicity Listings |Â Official Sites
Bob Hoskins's body shape
Lets describe how Bob Hoskins looks. We will focus on his body shape. Body build is average.