Bill Paxton's biography
Bill Paxton is 62 years old television actor born at Fort Worth. He was born on Tuesday 17th of May 1955. He is often nicknamed as Wild BillKnuckles. According to year of birth 1955 he belongs to Boomers. Birthday on 17th of May means he is Taurus. Taurus is most stable sign of Zodiac, that is the reason it is also included in the earthy sign of the Zodiac Belt. One born with this Moon Sign (Not a Rising Sign) is very stable and balanced through their mind.
He is native english speaker. He is citizen of United States of America. His primary profession is to be television actor. You can know him also as film actor, film director, actor, film producer. He is recently known as screenwriter. He received Screen Actors Guild Award for Outstanding Performance by a Cast in a Motion Picture Apollo 13 in 1996
Bill Paxton's dad
Bill Paxton's father's name is John Lane Paxton.
Bill Paxton's schools
We found 4 schools He attended. Complete list of schools: New York University, Arlington Heights High School, Stella Adler Studio of Acting, Richmond, The American International University in London.
Detailed informations about his schools
- Attended Arlington Heights High School in Fort Worth, Texas, the same high school as John Denver and Lee Harvey Oswald (who left before he graduated).
Bill Paxton's career
His main focus is to be television actor. You could see him also in Apollo 13.
How did Bill Paxton die
He died on on Saturday 25th of February 2017 when he was 62 years old at Los Angeles. Bill Paxtons death was caused by stroke following an aortic aneurysm repair and bicuspid aortic valve replacement surgery. It happend like natural causes.
Awards and competitions
Bill Paxton's Awards
- He received award for Screen Actors Guild Award for Outstanding Performance by a Cast in a Motion Picture for work Apollo 13 in 1996
Bill Paxton's Nominations
- He was nominated for Screen Actors Guild Award for Outstanding Performance by a Cast in a Motion Picture for work Apollo 13 in 1996
- He was nominated for Screen Actors Guild Award for Outstanding Performance by a Cast in a Motion Picture for work Titanic in 1998
- He was nominated for Satellite Award for Best Actor – Television Series Drama for work Big Love in 2006
- He was nominated for Best Sports Movie ESPY Award for work The Greatest Game Ever Played in 2006
- He was nominated for Satellite Award for Best Actor – Television Series Drama for work Big Love in 2007
- He was nominated for Satellite Award for Best Actor – Television Series Drama for work Big Love in 2009
- He was nominated for Primetime Emmy Award for Outstanding Lead Actor in a Miniseries or a Movie for work Hatfields & McCoys in 2012
- He was nominated for Screen Actors Guild Award for Outstanding Performance by a Male Actor in a Miniseries or Television Movie for work Hatfields & McCoys in 2013
What Bill Paxton has done for a first time
- Utters the second line of dialog in The Terminator (1984) and, along with Brian Thompson and Brad Rearden, were the first hapless humans to confront the Terminator in the 'flesh'. Paxton was the punk with the blue spiky hairdo.
- He was offered the role of Sgt. Proctor in Police Academy 2: Their First Assignment (1985), which he turned down because the contract required him to also work in the future sequels. He ended up doing Aliens (1986) instead. The role went to Lance Kinsey.
Bill Paxton's quotes
- It's very liberating to be naked in front of a hundred people, but there's nothing sexual about lovemaking on a movie set...
- . . . but it was movies I had always wanted to be in. I'm into the whole thing, not just performing. I love watching what goes on behind the camera. My heroes are Buster Keaton and Harold Lloyd -- complete filmmakers.
- I want people to re-evaluate me. My dream would be to make films like Clint Eastwood did... You have to be a self-starter out here at a certain point. It's important to take the reigns or, otherwise, you can be regaled to obscurity so quickly.
- I've always loved movies about con men. I think con men are as American as apple pie.
- [on auditioning for The Doors (1991)] I read my ass off. At the time, I was doing Navy Seals (1990) and I flew up with short hair and a mustache to read for the lead. [Oliver Stone's] response was, "Well, I just don't see it".
- [on James Cameron] This guy has more integrity than anyone I ever met in my life.
- Anyone who's worked very hard on a craft or an art to get a certain precision in terms of execution and performance wants to get past all that stuff that holds you up - your ego, all the doubts.
- [on his experiences as a director] I have great empathy for my actors. They trust me because they know that I have been on the front end of the camera.
- My biggest disappointment is not getting to do the romantic roles I always dreamed of. But I've had a pretty good career. And you know what? We'e grist for the mill out here, and if I quit doing this, there's 10 guys ready to take my place.
- I don't believe in heroes and villains ultimately. I believe people are capable of great villainy and great heroism -- the same person.
- See also Other Works |Â Publicity Listings |Â Official Sites
Bill Paxton's body shape
Lets describe how Bill Paxton looks. We will focus on his body shape. Body build is average.