Bill Nighy's biography
Bill Nighy is 73 years old television actor born at Caterham. He was born on Monday 12th of December 1949. According to year of birth 1949 he belongs to Boomers. Birthday on 12th of December means he is Sagittarius. Sagittarius is a Fiery sign of Zodiac Belt. These people are highly learned and love to gain knowledge throughout their life.
He is citizen of United Kingdom. His primary profession is to be television actor. You can know him also as film actor, actor, dub actor, stage actor. He is recently known as voice actor.
Bill Nighy's family
He has 1 daughter.
Bill Nighy's daughter: Mary Nighy
Bill Nighy's daughter's name is Mary Nighy. Mary is known as actor. His daughter was born on Tuesday 17th of July 1984 in London.
Bill Nighy's schools
We found 1 school He attended. Name of the school: Guildford School of Acting.
Bill Nighy's career
His main focus is to be television actor. He is famous thanks to State of Play. You could see him also in Arthur Christmas.
Bill Nighy's partner
Bill Nighy and Diana Quick have been together since 1980 for 28 years. She is known as actor. His partner was born on Saturday 23rd of November 1946 in London.
Awards and competitions
Bill Nighy's Awards
- He was nominated for a Laurence Olivier Theatre Award in 2001 (2000 season) for Best Actor in his performance of Blue/Orange at the Royal National Theatre, Cottesloe Stage.
What Bill Nighy has done for a first time
- He was the first narrator of the series Meerkat Manor (2005). For the American broadcast, his voice was replaced by Sean Astin. Astin and Nighy have also both played Samwise Gamgee.
Bill Nighy's quotes
- I got briefly mistaken for someone who might be good in bed, which was very, very good.
- I wanted to be a journalist, I thought it was glamorous and that I'd meet beautiful women in the rain.
- I've always slightly worried about the kids who play football around my house. They know I'm an actor, but felt sorry for me because they'd never seen anything I've done.
- "The British consul shipped me home for 25 quid and I had to pay my father back, he was a wee bit cross." (about being in Paris)
- I don't smoke now, which is marvellous. My only addictions are caffeine and sugar.
- I even wear a suit for improvisation workshops, rolling around. Well, acting's a white-collar job, you know? You wear a suit.
- I am a world-class procrastinator. I'm only an actor because I've been putting off being a writer for 35 years.
- I speculate to be sociable, but it's a very big deal for me that any work I do should be well received. As for how people generally perceive me, I don't know.
- The director (Gore Verbinski) asked me to do Dutch, and I don't do Dutch. So I decided on Scottish. - on his Scottish accent for Davy Jones in Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest (2006).
- I used to think that prizes were demeaning and divisive, until I got one, and now they seem sort of meaningful and real. (On winning a Golden Globe in 2007)
- If you were asked by your grandchildren what developments in your lifetime made you most proud, one of them might be the civil rights movement in America and the other would be the emancipation of gay men and women.
- [deflecting a personal question from a journalist] If I was in a relationship and I were to tell you about it I would involve your readers in something approaching gossip, and I know they would never forgive me for that.
- I will say that I was approached. But I didn't want to be the Doctor. No disrespect to Doctor Who (2005) or anything, I just think that it comes with too much baggage.
- See also Other Works |Â Publicity Listings |Â Official Sites
Bill Nighy's body shape
Lets describe how Bill Nighy looks. We will focus on his body shape. Body build is average.