Bernadette Peters's biography
Bernadette Anastasia Lazzara is 74 years old singer born at Ozone Park, Queens, New York City, New York, USA. She was born on Saturday 28th of February 1948. Bernadette is often nicknamed as Bernadette Lazzara, Bernadette Anastasia Lazzara, Bernadette Peters, The Queen of Broadway. According to year of birth 1948 Bernadette belongs to Boomers. Birthday on 28th of February means she is Pisces. Pisces is a Watery Sign. They are very intuitive people. They are empathic, emotional and highly spiritual in nature.
She is white american. She is citizen of United States of America. Bernadette is roman catholic. Her primary profession is to be singer. You can know her also as child actor, voice actor, writer, stage actor, Actor. She is recently known as film actor.
Bernadette Peters's schools
We found 1 school Bernadette attended. Name of the school: John Adams High School.
Detailed informations about Bernadette´s schools
She studied high school - Quintano's School for Young Professionals, Manhattan, New York City, New York, USA.
Bernadette Peters's career
Her main focus is to be singer. Bernadette is famous thanks to her roles on the Broadway stage, including musicals Mack and Mabel, Sunday in the Park with George, Song and Dance, Into the Woods, Annie Get Your Gun, The Goodbye Girl, Gypsy and Hello, Dolly!.
Is Bernadette Peters gay ?
Bernadette is known to be straight.
Awards and competitions
Bernadette Peters's Awards
- Has won two "Best Leading Actress in a Musical" Tony Awards for "Song and Dance" and "Annie Get Your Gun".
- Awarded the President's Award at the 11th Annual 'Mr. Abbott' Awards Dinner.
- She was awarded a Star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame for Live Theater at 6706 Hollywood Boulevard in Hollywood, California on April 23, 1987.
- Received the Drama League Award for Distinguished Achievement in Musical Theatre in May 2013 in recognition of her contribution to the musical theatre.
What else you don't know about Bernadette Peters ?
Her middle name is Anastasia. She likes to spend time in: Italy.
What Bernadette Peters has done for a first time
- Is of Italian/Sicilian ancestry, and changed her last name to Peters (after her father's first name) because at the time, non-Anglo stage names were discouraged.
Bernadette Peters's quotes
- You gotta be original, because if you're like someone else, what do they need you for?
- I don't smoke, I don't drink much, I don't eat red meat. I stay out of the sun.
- Getting plenty of sleep is always great. It really is. I have a girlfriend who's sending me a slant board.
- You'd look out and there'd be little babies watching the show, and boys and girls. They loved the cowboys, and they loved Annie. There were young people seeing the show for the first time. I stayed for two years because I enjoyed it so much.
- "No One Is Alone" by Stephen Sondheim is all about thinking for yourself and being your own person.
- I love pasta with the homemade marinara sauce I had as a kid.
- The challenge of film is making it right there at that moment, and then you get to move on.
- I'd like to one day play Amanda, the mother, in "The Glass Menagerie".
- I love "Some Enchanted Evening", and "If I Loved You". And as I sing them more and more, I find new favorites.
- I know Mama Rose is a great role and I love having a chance to do it.
- I feel strongly for gay marriage to be accepted.
- When there's a terrible illness like AIDS sweeping through, you help people.
- When something isn't done, you want to do something about it.
- We've been listening to Wagner, which is so great.
- The first Broadway show I ever heard was the recording of "Carousel", and it was a very vivid experience.
- The first big lead that I had on Broadway was in a show called "La Strada".
- Animals speak with pure affection. It's important to me to get something going in New York so we can get to be a no-kill city, and give the animals homes and more attention and love.
- Working on behalf of companion animals is so important. We start to realize how healing they are.
- In my career, there have been three things that were challenging: playing gay; playing a Jewish woman; and playing Chekhov. The scariest part was playing Chekhov!
- I lost a very dear friend who lived with AIDS for about 17 years. Rejecting early treatments that were iffy, he thought he saved himself. I really miss him a lot.
- George M. is where I met my dear friend Joel Grey. We connected at rehearsal one day during a five-minute break. We were both looking out the same window and we knew in five minutes that we'd made a connection.
- Stephen Sondheim told me that Oscar Hammerstein believed everything that he wrote. So there's great truth in the songs, and that's what was so wonderful to find.
- Sondheim writes the music and lyrics, and because he's so smart and goes so deep with his feelings, there's a lot to explore, get involved with and learn about.
- It was one of the most exciting, perfect evenings of my life, my solo debut at Carnegie Hall. And knowing we were all there to raise money for Gay Men's Health Crisis made the evening an extraordinary experience.
- "It Might as Well Be Spring"... I used to sing that as a young girl in my voice lessons. Then I picked it up again and it spoke to me in a whole new way.
- "Into the Woods" was... a lot of running around in the woods! I can't wait to see the show again. People didn't realize it back then, but kids still come up to me-young people-and they talk about it. It really made its mark.
- [her condition for 'Sunday in the Park With George'] I don't do nude.
- See also Other Works |Â Publicity Listings |Â Official Sites
Bernadette Peters's height, weight, body shape, eye color, hair color
Lets describe how Bernadette Peters looks. We will focus on Bernadette´s height, weight, body shape, eye color, hair color and shoe size. Bernadette is tall as 5' 3" (160 cm). Bernadette weights 128lbs (58 kg). Body build is slim. Bernadette´s eyes are tinted brown - dark. Bernadette´s hair is shade of brown - dark. If you are really curious, you may find interesting Bernadette´s shoe size is 9.
Latest news about Bernadette Peters
For the latest news - you can follow Bernadette Peters on social networks.