Barbara Walters's biography
Barbara Walters is 93 years old journalist born at Boston. She was born on Wednesday 25th of September 1929. She is often nicknamed as BabsBaba WawaBWBookzilla. According to year of birth 1929 she belongs to Silent Generation. Birthday on 25th of September means she is Libra. Libra sign depicts that it is all about “Balance”. It seems that their life is very balanced, however, things are way opposite as they always face unstable situations in order to balance it further.She was married 2 times.
She is citizen of United States of America. Her primary profession is to be journalist. You can know her also as television presenter, writer. She is recently known as news presenter.
Barbara Walters's family
Barbara Walters's ex spouses
Barbara Walters and Merv Adelson have been together since 1981 for 3 years. He is known as film producer. Her ex spouse was born on Wednesday 23rd of October 1929 in Los Angeles. Her ex spouse died on Tuesday 8th of September 2015 in Los Angeles. Merv Adelson was 86 years old, when this happened.
Barbara Walters and Lee Guber have been together since 1963 for 13 years. He is known as impresario. Her ex spouse was born on Saturday 20th of November 1920 in Philadelphia. Her ex spouse died on Sunday 27th of March 1988 in Upper East Side. Lee Guber was 59 years old, when this happened.
Barbara Walters's schools
We found 4 schools She attended. Complete list of schools: Sarah Lawrence College, Birch Wathen Lenox School, Miami Beach Senior High School, Ethical Culture Fieldston School.
Detailed informations about her schools
- Attended and graduated from Miami Beach High School (class of 1947).
- While she attended Sarah Lawrence College, one of her classmates was Lee Radziwill.
Barbara Walters's career
Her main focus is to be journalist. She is famous thanks to 20/20.
Awards and competitions
Barbara Walters's Awards
- Lifetime Achievement Award from International Women's Media Foundation (1991).
- Lifetime Achievement Award from Women's Project and Productions (1993).
- She was awarded a Star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame for Television at 6801 Hollywood Boulevard in Hollywood, California on June 14, 2007.
Barbara Walters's Nominations
- She was nominated for Daytime Emmy Award for Outstanding Talk Show for work The View in 1998
What Barbara Walters has done for a first time
- Was the Today (1952) show's first female co-host.
- First ever female to anchor a news broadcast on a major network when she and Harry Reasoner were co-anchors on ABC World News Tonight with David Muir (1953) in 1976.
- The first anchorperson to earn $1 million a year.
Barbara Walters's Donations
- Donates $1 million toward a gallery to be named for her in new Heimbold Visual Arts Center at her alma mater, Sarah Lawrence College, at Yonkers, N.Y. campus. [May 2002]
Barbara Walters's quotes
- [advice from Don Hewitt, producer of 60 Minutes (1968), in 1957] You're a marvelous girl, but stay out of television.
- I was the kind nobody thought could make it. I had a funny Boston accent. I couldn't pronounce my R's. I wasn't a beauty.
- [on interviewing] I find very often people like to confront rumors. It depends on how much they trust you. And you have to have a line between what is tasteful and what isn't.
- My own opinion is that there's far too little flirtation in our country as it is. Most attractive males talk to most attractive women as if they were Rotarians comparing sales percentages in Des Moines.
- Motherhood is tough. If you just want a wonderful little creature to love, you can get a puppy.
- [Upon receiving a GLAAD award in 2008 for a report on transgender children] You can forget all the Emmys. This means more to me.
- Unless you and I fornicate in front of everybody, people aren't going to think we get along. (to co-anchor Harry Reasoner of ABC World News Tonight with David Muir (1953).
- [on asking Ricky Martin about his sexual orientation] "When I think back on it now, I feel it was an inappropriate question."
- See also Other Works |Â Publicity Listings |Â Official Sites
Barbara Walters's body shape
Lets describe how Barbara Walters looks. We will focus on her body shape. Body build is average.
Latest news about Barbara Walters
For the latest news - you can follow Barbara Walters on social networks.
- She reached total 1 694 814 followers - Barbara Walters on Twitter