Antonio Banderas's biography
Antonio Banderas is 62 years old singer born at Málaga. He was born on Wednesday 10th of August 1960. He is often nicknamed as The Latin Lover. According to year of birth 1960 he belongs to Boomers. Birthday on 10th of August means he is Leo. As sign in itself indicates “Lion” or “King”, hence people born under Leo sign are considered to be leaders in every aspects of life. They are royal in nature.He was married 2 times.
He is native spanish speaker. He is citizen of Spain. He is an adherent of catholicism. His primary profession is to be singer. You can know him also as film producer, film actor, film director. He is recently known as model.
Antonio Banderas's dad
Antonio Banderas's father's name is José Domínguez Prieto.
Antonio Banderas's family
Antonio Banderas's ex spouses
Antonio Banderas and Melanie Griffith have been together since 1996 for 18 years. She is known as actor. His ex spouse was born on Friday 9th of August 1957.
Antonio Banderas and Ana Leza have been together since 1987 for 9 years. She is known as actor. His ex spouse was born in 1962 in Madrid.
He has 1 daughter.
Antonio Banderas's daughter: Stella Banderas
Antonio Banderas's daughter's name is Stella Banderas. She is known as actor. His daughter was born on Tuesday 24th of September 1996 in Marbella.
Antonio Banderas's schools
We found 1 school He attended. Name of the school: Escuela Superior de Arte Dramático de Málaga.
Detailed informations about his schools
- Attended and graduated from the School of Dramatic Arts in MÃ¡laga, Spain.
Antonio Banderas's career
His main focus is to be singer.
Awards and competitions
Antonio Banderas's Awards
- Was nominated for Broadway's 2003 Tony Award for Best Actor (Musical) for a revival of the musical "Nine".
- He was awarded a Star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame at 6801 Hollywood Boulevard in Hollywood, California on October 18, 2005.
- Nominated for the 2018 Emmy Award in the Outstanding Lead Actor in a Limited Series or Movie category for his role as Pablo Picasso in Genius (2017), but lost out to Darren Criss.
- Nominated for the 2019 Golden Globe Award in the Best Performance by an Actor in a Limited Series or Motion Picture Made for Television category for his role as Pablo Picasso in Genius (2017), but lost out to Darren Criss for American Crime Story (2016).
Antonio Banderas's Nominations
- He was nominated for MTV Movie Award for Best Fight for work The Mask of Zorro in 1999
- He was nominated for European Film Academy Achievement in World Cinema Award for work The Mask of Zorro in 1998
- He was nominated for European Film Award for Best Actor for work Pain and Glory in 2019
- He was nominated for European Film Award – People's Choice Award for Best European Film for work Pain and Glory in 2019
What Antonio Banderas has done for a first time
- Became a father for the first time at age 36 when his second wife Melanie Griffith gave birth to their daughter Stella del Carmen Banderas Griffith (aka Stella Banderas) on September 24, 1996.
- Has also provided the Spanish voice-over for Puss in Boots since his first appearance in link=tt0298148].
Antonio Banderas's quotes
- I don't want anything I don't deserve, [but] if they offer me more money, I'm not stupid.
- [on his wife, Melanie Griffith, having more plastic surgery] This lust for beauty is a terrible thing. I've forbidden her from ever going to a cosmetic surgeon again. It is something we have agreed to for the sake of our marriage.
- If they had offered me James Bond, I probably couldn't have gone to England anymore in my life. James Bond with an accent? That would have been something.
- Melanie [wife Melanie Griffith] is more of a disciplinarian with the little girl than me, probably because it's my first baby. She gets everything easy from Papa. I am more weak. She takes advantage of me.
- I admired [wife Melanie Griffith] before I loved her.
- I get more attention as "the pussycat" in Shrek the Third (2007) than I ever did as Zorro.
- I don't believe in careers, I just picture myself always as one of those old actors from the 19th century who go from village to village in their repertoire.
- When you see actors on the red carpet, they seem to know each other but really it's like a wax museum. Los Angeles is probably one of the fakest cities in the world. For me, it is a working place.
- There is nothing in the world that cannot be cured by love. That is the most thing.
-  I don't want to have anything that I don't deserve. Sometimes, it even bothers me just to see my name built up more than it actually is. I never believe anything that is happening to me, probably because I am very insecure.
- I feel content. I am 51 years old and I see a lot of work, a lot of people, a lot of faces, a lot of souls. And I feel like I am in the middle of the game. The match is not over and I may score some goals.
- Why do people accept so easily the fact that you can take the life of somebody on the screen and nobody is going to complain about it, and they cannot take that you will kiss somebody of your own sex on the mouth?
- [on working with Pedro AlmodÃ³var] The feelings I had in the '80s, and had again, is that he's pushing you to the limits: that you are on the verge of a cliff. You are in a situation of vertigo. I don't think Pedro works for the masses.
- [2015, on his ex-wife Melanie Griffith] I want - and I think she does too - to maintain a relationship because we have spent many years together... I would like to maintain a relationship and it is happening, I speak with her every other day.
Antonio Banderas's body shape
Lets describe how Antonio Banderas looks. We will focus on his body shape. Body build is average.
Latest news about Antonio Banderas
For the latest news - you can follow Antonio Banderas on social networks.