Antoine Fuqua's biography
Antoine Fuqua is 56 years old film director born at Pittsburgh. Antoine was born on Wednesday 19th of January 1966. According to year of birth 1966 he belongs to Generation X. Birthday on 19th of January means Antoine is Capricorn. These people are stable in nature. As the sign lord is “Saturn”, the person will be judgemental in his approach.
Antoine is black american. He is citizen of United States of America. His primary profession is to be film director. He is recently known as film producer.
Antoine Fuqua's family
Antoine Fuqua's wife
She is known as television actor. Antoine´s wife was born on Friday 17th of April 1964 in Los Angeles.
Antoine Fuqua's ex wife
Antoine Fuqua's schools
We found 3 schools He attended. Complete list of schools: West Virginia University, Taylor Allderdice High School, West Virginia State University.
Antoine Fuqua's career
Antoine´s main focus is to be film director.
Is Antoine Fuqua gay ?
He is known to be straight.
Antoine Fuqua's quotes
- Cinema Paradiso, because it reminds me of why I make movies, the magic of movies, the romance of movies.
- But I like to go to movies with my son because it's still fun; it reminds me of why I make movies.
- Some men don't gel when it comes to work - you have different work ethics, different opinions, different points of views, different methods of filmmaking - and we didn't gel.
- 'Cause movies are human drama, that's it.
- What I learned is, don't forget who you are, because that's what's going to make you a filmmaker.
- I just think you can't shut your life off to just, you know, one thing. You gotta be open-minded. Explore things. Feed your artist.
- I started studying mythology, just on my own. Joseph Campbell, mysticism.
- I became a director just for the love of movies, because of the power of cinema.
- It's not worth it, it's not about money, especially when you're dealing with a culture. It should be about elevating the idea of what we are and who we are as people in the cinema, and that kind of stuff keeps dragging us back down.
- It's a dumb question, because I don't look at things as a black director, just as a director, so ask me as a director first and we can segue into the colour thing later.
- The story is also about the battle between Arthur and the Saxons. The Saxons were destroying everything they came across and Arthur was left when Rome was falling because this movie takes place in 400 A.D.
- It's a hard line to walk, man. Cause you know you want to make this movie, you want to make it dark and real, you want to show all this stuff but unfortunately you can't always do that.
- The simple answer is I'd just be a guy trying to feed my family, like everybody else. The complicated answer is, I think I'd be in some sort of military or government world of some sort.
- So it's hard to be an artist and be true to the reality of the world you want to create and also make it entertaining and successful financially.
- I believe in God, absolutely.
- I like the opportunity to make films.
- I've become friends with Michael Mann and Oliver Stone; I've seen those guys work and that was great to see.
- I like making movies.
- Being a kid growing up with Kurosawa films and watching Sergio Leone movies just made me love what it could do to you, and how it could influence you - make you dream.
- I take them seriously but I try not to read them. I take them personally, that's why I don't read them. I think people are lying when they say they don't care, that's not true. I take them personally.
- My experience of test screenings is that you don't know what kind of mood people are going to be in, and sometimes the studios accept what Joe Blo says - and this guy could just be a frustrated filmmaker, or not paying attention.
- I like the platform to show your art and everything that goes along with that. To show your voice and hopefully find films that are more politically driven, films that maybe inspire.
- I only pay to take my son to the movies, because most of the time I only watch European movies, independent movies, or screen them privately. But I like to go to movies with my son because it's still fun; it reminds me of why I make movies.
- See also Other Works |Â Publicity Listings |Â Official Sites
Antoine Fuqua's body shape, eye color
Lets describe how Antoine Fuqua looks. We will focus on Antoine´s body shape, eye color and hair color. Body build is average. His eyes are tinted black. Antoine´s hair is shade of bald.