Anthony Perkins's biography
Anthony Perkins is 60 years old film actor born at New York City. Anthony was born on Monday 4th of April 1932. He is often nicknamed as Tony Perkins. According to year of birth 1932 he belongs to Silent Generation. Birthday on 4th of April means Anthony is Aries. Aries is the most active sign of Zodiac, one born with this sign is a very quick learner, aggressive and passionate.
He is native english speaker. He is white american. He is citizen of United States of America. He is atheist. Anthony´s primary profession is to be film actor. You can know him also as film director, singer, screenwriter, stage actor, actor. Anthony is recently known as television actor.
Anthony Perkins's dad
Anthony Perkins's father's name is Osgood Perkins. He is known as actor. His father was born on Monday 16th of May 1892 in West Newton. His father died on Tuesday 21st of September 1937 in Washington, D.C.. Osgood Perkins was only 5 years old, when this happened.
Anthony Perkins's mom
Anthony Perkins's mother's name is Janet Esselstyn Rane.
Anthony Perkins's family
Anthony Perkins's ex spouse
Anthony Perkins and Berry Berenson have been together since 1973 for 19 years. She is known as actor. His ex spouse was born on Wednesday 14th of April 1948 in New York City. His ex spouse died on Tuesday 11th of September 2001 in New York City. Berry Berenson was 69 years old, when this happened.
He has 2 sons.
Anthony Perkins's son: Oz Perkins
Anthony Perkins's son's name is Oz Perkins. He is known as screenwriter. Anthony´s son was born on Saturday 2nd of February 1974.
Anthony Perkins's son: Elvis Perkins
Anthony Perkins's son's name is Elvis Perkins. He is known as musician. His son was born on Monday 9th of February 1976 in New York City.
Anthony Perkins's schools
We found 4 schools Anthony attended. Complete list of schools: Columbia University, Rollins College, Brooks School, Buckingham Browne & Nichols School.
Detailed informations about his schools
- Attended prestigious Buckingham Browne and Nichols School in Cambridge, Massachusetts. Other alumni include The Sopranos (1999) actress Ari Graynor, jazz musician Nate Peterson and Broadway star Lizzie Rose.
Anthony Perkins's career
Anthony´s main focus is to be film actor. He is famous thanks to Psycho. You could see him also in Goodbye Again.
Is Anthony Perkins gay ?
Anthony is known to be bisexual.
How did Anthony Perkins die
He died on on Saturday 12th of September 1992 when he was 60 years old at Hollywood. Anthony Perkinss death was caused by aids (-related pneumonia). It happend like natural causes.
Awards and competitions
Anthony Perkins's Awards
- Was nominated twice for Broadway's Tony Award: in 1958, as Best Actor (Dramatic) for "Look Homeward, Angel", and in 1960, as Best Actor (Musical) for "Greenwillow".
- He was awarded 2 Stars on the Hollywood Walk of Fame for Motion Pictures at 6821 Hollywood Boulevard; and for Television at 6801 Hollywood Boulevard in Hollywood, California.
Anthony Perkins's Rankings
- His performance as Norman Bates in Psycho (1960) is ranked #4 on Premiere magazine's 100 Greatest Movie Characters of All Time.
Anthony Perkins's Nominations
- Anthony was nominated for Academy Award for Best Supporting Actor for work Friendly Persuasion in 1956
Anthony Perkins's quotes
- I have learned more about love, selflessness and human understanding from the people I have met in this great adventure in the world of AIDS than I ever did in the cutthroat, competitive world in which I spent my life.
- [part of his last letter, given to his sons after his death] Boys, don't try to find a woman as wonderful as your mother to marry because if you do, you'll stay single your whole lives.
- I have a lot of affection for Norman Bates and a lot of sympathy. So does the audience, I think. He's not just a monster. He's tortured. The real secret of the Psycho movies is that they're tragedies first and horror movies second.
- The violence in the Psycho movies is born out of plot, passion and character... Don't just dispatch people by six to the reel and say it's entertainment.
- [on playing Norman Bates] It is the Hamlet of horror roles, and you can never quite get enough of playing Norman Bates. It's always interesting.
- [on dating Victoria Principal] It was a case of spontaneous combustion. I tried everything I could think of, because I thought I might never get another chance.
- I'd grown up almost exclusively in female company. Males seemed rough and frightening.
- [on his acting] I was always very keen. I would do anything they asked of me.
- Women's liberation has liberated me too.
- [on his wife] I look at women closely - they fascinate me. But we've been together 11 years now and I've never seen another woman I could love as much as I love Berry.
- Haven't bought a stitch of clothing in the last 15 years. I just keep what they give me to wear in my pictures.
- I had wild fantasies, but my erotic experience was mostly solitary. Along the way I'd had homosexual encounters, but that kind of sex always felt unreal to me and unsatisfying. And I had never had sex with a woman-the very thought of it terrified me.
- [on typecasting] It was frustrating. I had plenty of offers, but not for the lighter roles, the comedy roles I had always felt would be the main strength of my career. Even today, I don't get as many of those offers as I'd like.
Anthony Perkins's height, body shape, eye color
Lets describe how Anthony Perkins looks. We will focus on his height, body shape, eye color and hair color. Anthony is tall as 6' 2" (188 cm). Body build is slim. His eyes are tinted brown - dark. Anthony´s hair is shade of salt and pepper.