Anthony Minghella's biography
Anthony Minghella, CBE is 54 years old screenwriter born at Ryde. Anthony was born on Wednesday 6th of January 1954. According to year of birth 1954 Anthony belongs to Boomers. Birthday on 6th of January means he is Capricorn. These people are stable in nature. As the sign lord is “Saturn”, the person will be judgemental in his approach.
He is white british. Anthony is citizen of United Kingdom. Anthony´s primary profession is to be screenwriter. You can know him also as playwright, film director, film producer, writer. He is recently known as theatrical director.
Anthony Minghella's family
Anthony has 1 son.
Anthony Minghella's son: Max Minghella
Anthony Minghella's son's name is Max Minghella. He is known as stage actor. His son was born on Monday 16th of September 1985 in Hampstead.
Anthony Minghella's schools
We found 3 schools He attended. Complete list of schools: University of Hull, St John's College, Sandown Bay Academy.
Detailed informations about Anthony´s schools
Anthony studied high school - St John`s College (Portsmouth).
He studied university - University of Hull.
Anthony Minghella's career
Anthony´s main focus is to be screenwriter.
Is Anthony Minghella gay ?
He is known to be straight.
How did Anthony Minghella die
Anthony died on on Tuesday 18th of March 2008 when he was 54 years old at Hammersmith. Anthony Minghellas death was caused by a hemorrhage following surgery. It happend like natural causes.
Awards and competitions
Anthony Minghella's Awards
- Anthony received award for Academy Award for Best Director for work The English Patient in 1997
- Anthony received award for BAFTA Award for Best Film for work The English Patient in 1997
- He received award for BAFTA Award for Best Adapted Screenplay for work The English Patient in 1997
- Anthony received award for BAFTA Award for Best Original Screenplay for work Truly, Madly, Deeply in 1992
Anthony Minghella's Nominations
- He was nominated for Academy Award for Best Director
- Anthony was nominated for Academy Award for Best Writing, Adapted Screenplay
- He was nominated for Academy Award for Best Writing, Adapted Screenplay
- Anthony was nominated for Academy Award for Best Picture
- He was nominated for European Film Award for Best Film for work The English Patient in 1997
- Anthony was nominated for European Film Award for Best Film for work The Reader in 2009
What Anthony Minghella has done for a first time
- Kate Winslet dedicated her first Oscar win for The Reader (2008) to Minghella and his partner in Mirage, Sydney Pollack.
Anthony Minghella's quotes
- The only lesson to extract from any civil war is that it's pointless and futile and ugly, and that there is nothing glamorous or heroic about it. There are heroes, but the causes are never heroic.
- When I became the chair of the British Film Institute, I didn't understand how much of my time would be taken up with trying to make a case for the British Film Institute: what it's for, why it exists, why it needs its money.
- I had never thought of myself as a director and found out that I was not. I am a writer who was able to direct the films that I write.
- [from his Oscar acceptance speech, 1997] It's my daughter's 18th birthday today - happy birthday Hannah! This is a great day for the Isle of Wight today.
- I never feel more myself than when I'm writing; I never enjoy any day more than a good writing day.
- I want to feel in film. I want to understand, and I want to see the parallels.
- You can't elect your voice as a filmmaker. You might want to, you might want to design the kind of filmmaker you could be. You might aspire to be a particular kind of filmmaker, but you can't elect it.
- See also Other Works |Â Publicity Listings |Â Official Sites
Anthony Minghella's height, body shape, eye color
Lets describe how Anthony Minghella looks. We will focus on his height, body shape, eye color and hair color. Anthony is tall as 5' 8½" (174 cm). Body build is average. His eyes are tinted brown - dark. His hair is shade of bald.