Anne Reid's biography
Anne Reid is 87 years old actor born at Newcastle upon Tyne. Anne was born on Tuesday 28th of May 1935. She is often nicknamed as Anne Reid. According to year of birth 1935 Anne belongs to Silent Generation. Birthday on 28th of May means Anne is Gemini. Gemini is a dual sign of Zodiac Belt. One born with this rising sign is very dual and creative in nature with lots of verbosity. They are the most expressive people as they love talking.
She is white english. She is citizen of United Kingdom. Anne is roman catholic. Anne´s primary profession is to be actor. You can know Anne also as film actor. Anne is recently known as stage actor.
Anne Reid's family
Anne Reid's ex husband
Anne Reid and Peter Eckersley have been together since 1971 for 10 years. He is known as television producer. Anne´s ex husband was born in 1935 in Leigh. Her ex husband died on Wednesday 26th of August 1981 in Manchester. Peter Eckersley was 46 years old, when this happened.
Anne Reid's schools
We found 2 schools Anne attended. Complete list of schools: Royal Academy of Dramatic Art, Rydal Penrhos.
Detailed informations about Anne´s schools
Anne studied university - Royal Academy Of Dramatic Art.
Anne Reid's career
Anne´s main focus is to be actor. Anne is famous thanks to her roles as Valerie Barlow in the soap opera Coronation Street, Jean in the sitcom Dinnerladies, and her BAFTA-nominated role as Celia Dawson in Last Tango in Halifax. You could see her also in The Mother.
Is Anne Reid gay ?
She is known to be straight.
Awards and competitions
Anne Reid's Awards
- She was awarded the MBE (Member of the Order of the British Empire) in the 2010 Queen's Birthday Honours List for her services to Drama.
- She was named Oldie Pin-Up of the Year at the 2014 Oldie Magazine Awards.
Anne Reid's Nominations
- Anne was nominated for European Film Award for Best Actress for work The Mother in 2003
- Anne was nominated for Jameson People's Choice Award for Best Actress for work The Mother in 2004
- She was nominated for BAFTA Award for Best Actress in a Leading Role for work The Mother in 2004
Anne Reid's quotes
- I still just love acting! Most of us agree it's like a child's game, really; doesn't seem like a serious job at all. I love doing comedy.
- [on being awarded the MBE in June 2010] Thrilled and delighted and amazed.
- I don't trust journalists as far as I can throw them. My family were all in newspapers.
- As you get older the phone stops ringing, which is inevitable because people stop asking for you.
- Newspapers are much more intrusive today. People discuss their intimate sex lives in detail. I wouldn't. Well, I have nothing to talk about.
- I don't want to be immodest, but I'm pretty versatile - I can do comedy as well as drama. A teacher at RADA told me I'd have difficulty because I don't fit into a particular slot.
- Acting is enormous fun. I work extremely hard, but I'm not going to sit here and be solemn. It's a weird way to earn a living. None of us are grown-up.
- I'd rather have an an Oscar and a million pounds than be a dame.
- I love comfort television beautifully done - Poirot [Poirot (1989)], Foyle's War (2002), Miss Marple [Marple (2004)].
- Theatre is nerve-racking, but you have to put yourself through it, like training for an athlete. It sorts out the men from the boys.
- Friends think I'm insane doing a cabaret show of stories and songs about my life, but I've talked about it for 30 years.
- Singing makes me feel good even though I don't have a great voice.
- Some people thought I regretted being in Coronation Street (1960). I didn't, but it became tedious when the show was all anyone wanted to talk about because it was so famous. I haven't seen it for years. I don't watch soaps.
- I love to socialise, but also to be on my own. I don't think I've ever been lonely. I sit and think - there's always something going on in my head - or play my piano.
- See also Other Works |Â Publicity Listings |Â Official Sites
Anne Reid's height, weight, body shape, eye color, hair color
Lets describe how Anne Reid looks. We will focus on her height, weight, body shape, eye color, hair color and shoe size. Anne is tall as 5' 5" (165 cm). Anne weights 117lbs (53 kg). Body build is slim. Anne´s eyes are tinted green. Her hair is shade of blonde. If you are really curious, you may find interesting Anne´s shoe size is 8.