Ann-Margret is 81 years old singer born at Valsjöbyn. She was born on Monday 28th of April 1941. She is often nicknamed as Slugger. According to year of birth 1941 she belongs to Silent Generation. Birthday on 28th of April means she is Taurus. Taurus is most stable sign of Zodiac, that is the reason it is also included in the earthy sign of the Zodiac Belt. One born with this Moon Sign (Not a Rising Sign) is very stable and balanced through their mind.
She is citizen of United States of America. Her primary profession is to be singer. You can know her also as stage actor, film actor, television actor. She is recently known as recording artist.
Ann-Margret's ex spouse
Ann-Margret and Roger Smith have been together since 1967 for 50 years.
We found 2 schools She attended. Complete list of schools: Northwestern University, Northwestern University School of Communication.
Detailed informations about her schools
- Attended Northwestern University in Evanston, Illinois but did not graduate. She sang in a youth orchestra while studying at the university.
Her main focus is to be singer. She focuses on pop music.
Awards and competitions
- She received award for Golden Globe Award for New Star of the Year – Actress for work Pocketful of Miracles in 1962
- She received award for Golden Globe Award for Best Supporting Actress – Motion Picture for work Carnal Knowledge in 1972
- She received award for Golden Globe Award for Best Actress – Motion Picture Musical or Comedy for work Tommy in 1975
- She received award for Golden Globe Award for Best Actress – Miniseries or Television Film for work Who Will Love My Children? in 1983
- She received award for Golden Globe Award for Best Actress – Miniseries or Television Film for work A Streetcar Named Desire in 1984
- She received award for Primetime Emmy Award for Outstanding Guest Actress in a Drama Series for work Law & Order: Special Victims Unit in 2010
- She was nominated for Academy Award for Best Supporting Actress for work Carnal Knowledge in 1971
- She was nominated for Academy Award for Best Actress
What Ann-Margret has done for a first time
- She was the first choice to play Gypsy Rose Lee in the comedy-drama musical Gypsy (1962), before Natalie Wood was cast.
- Performed in her first nightclub act in more than a decade at the MGM Grand Las Vegas. Her last live performance was at Caesars Atlantic City 11 years before. [March 2003]
- The critics had an image of me, and they wouldn't accept any other... I was a cartoon character. A joke.
- I was very flattered by the sex-kitten thing because I never thought of myself as that.
- [on Elvis Presley] He's an animal. Definitely an animal. A very interesting animal.
-  I like to be pushed. I've been in 27 or 28 movies, and so many of the characters I played were cartoon characters, really. It's nice to play a three-dimensional person every once in a while for a change of pace.
Ann-Margret's body shape
Lets describe how Ann-Margret looks. We will focus on her body shape. Body build is average.